kennyGribbins

Make Prison Sentence Cap at 120 mins again

1 hour ago, copscanttcatchme said:

95a2f2d0e5202f293852981d3262356d.png

@NBDY Is this normal? 150k and 24h in jail? This is litteraly POLICERP

This is stupid, most of the people will leave the server if they will get this kind of sentences.. I am sorry for you to be in jail for that long..

Edited by Logan_Black
  • Upvote 1

Two hours is already a lot of time wasted, it's not like you can go and roleplay on another character as you have to be online to do your prison time. Also, I don't see how there
is something to do in prison now, do people expect us to mine and play poker for 6 hours when those features work? Neither is there any or hardly any roleplay available in the prison currently.

I personally think the dept system is more than enough as a penalty, the unlimited time wasted in prison is just insane, +1.

At the end of the day, we're all here to roleplay and enjoy our time while playing on Eclipse instead of having to be locked up somewhere for who knows how many hours being restricted to mine and play poker?

8 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

You can't sit in prison because you have to go to work (No AFK timer by the way), but what about the guy you just robbed in broad daylight? He lost his car, his map, his gps, his gun, and then you went on a hour long chase with the cops, and killed three of them. 

At the end of that you should be able to watch an episode of your favorite tv show and be out? It doesn't make any sense. You did the crime, now do the time.

I bet people would love to be able to do something else then  "watch an episode of your favorite tv show and be out?" but there is nothing available to do, so why make it worse by removing the AFK timer and making it so you can sit there for an unlimited amount of time??

This only bothers you OOC as you have to sit there move every 10 minutes for god knows how long

People want realism when it comes to limitations on others.... Cop Cruisers, Supercars, Prison RP.... People wanted something to do in prison, so poker was introduced, a way to make money was introduced. It was agreed by a vast majority if there was stuff to do then prison times would increase.... so they did that.... now people complaining because "I had to actually rp in jail after killing a bunch of people". 

Like others have said, this is an RP server. You want to be a cop killer expect to do the time.

Also if you go to prison, your time is in the form of years... if I recall what was said on multiple forum reports, once your incarcerated you lose all rights to kill the officers involved as you would be in jail for YEARs... not minutes.

You want to introduce a court system, cool. Come up with a plan on how it will work, create the guides, get some people who know what they are doing and make a plan.

Pertaining to times for certain crimes. That has been public knowledge since before I joined eclipse 18 months ago, if you haven't taken the time to find it or ask about it ICly then that's on you. Here it is though so help you out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qMm9u2Tl59RBpNyNSA88G7WYPFwiOgzXqL-1cWgAHEc/edit#gid=123845845

Yes I play as a cop on this server.... You want us to spend hours and hours dealing with one arrest report to compile evidence... taking us hours, im game, but your going to sit in a holding cell while I do it and not get credited for time served. It might take me an hour... might take me 6, but if im going to do it your going to be in a cell not running around town.

This is a game and realism is something that is never going to be achieved as with the crime rates on eclipse, we would need 5 cops for every criminal to match crime rates in the city compared to the RL city its modeled after.   2ndly.... you get 45mins for killing a cop when realistically its LIFE without parol, and in some areas... death penalty but on eclipse no one fears death, because oh "i'm dieing, grab my shit, meet me at the hospital" <- is far to common across the board. Whens the last time you died, and actually RP'd having died, and forgetting everyone.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chronius420 said:

where you see realistic? Robbing a store , and getting 80k fine , and killing cops , having heavy guns etc  , and getting 50k fine?

I am not 100% sure if I understand your sentence, but the point is that even yesterday when we were chasing a biker, he kept trying to challenge us instead of escaping. Now there are more consequences. But again, I honestly don't really get your point in this sentence. But sure, killing should come with a pretty penny to pay. I think we should be glad criminals won't be locked up for their whole life. Meanwhile, go play poker or mine to earn some reduced sentence.

Just now, Yputi said:

I am not 100% sure if I understand your sentence, but the point is that even yesterday when we were chasing a biker, he kept trying to challenge us instead of escaping. Now there are more consequences. But again, I honestly don't really get your point in this sentence. But sure, killing should come with a pretty penny to pay. I think we should be glad criminals won't be locked up for their whole life. Meanwhile, go play poker or mine to earn some reduced sentence.

how bout one more? one zeta guy robbed a store , had an illegal weapon and got 24hrs in jail. how's that sound for ya?

Just now, Chronius420 said:

how bout one more? one zeta guy robbed a store , had an illegal weapon and got 24hrs in jail. how's that sound for ya?

I was around when it happened. You need to keep in mind if he goes to prison, it doesn't mean he only goes to prison for the charges he JUST recieved. There are people who already have charges on their name from before. And voila, there you go.

Just now, Yputi said:

I was around when it happened. You need to keep in mind if he goes to prison, it doesn't mean he only goes to prison for the charges he JUST recieved. There are people who already have charges on their name from before. And voila, there you go.

he was clean , 😄 also he got 130k fine... i'l give ecrp 2 months , and then police can play without any calls and with 30 players online. is this what staff wants?

3 minutes ago, Yputi said:

Poker does not work, mining either you cant buy a pickaxe.

he was clean , 😄 also he got 130k fine... i'l give ecrp 2 months , and then police can play without any calls and with 30 players online. is this what staff wants?

I am curious how you recieved the information he was clean, as I can 100% asure you it wasn't. And I had a MDC...

Honestly, this update has been live for less than 24 hours and the complaints are through the roof. Why not spend time considering how criminals can improve their RP? Think of potential updates to some rules like KOS/DM that push a little more favorable to criminals. Prior to this update, criminals were blatantly running around shooting, robbing, cooking, etc. with little to no value for their freedom largely in part due to meta (knowing that max sentence was 2 hours and you could be afk). I ask you to consider the bigger picture with this prison time limit update. Criminals have to be much smarter and therefore sneaky. Imagine the RP potential that comes from this. Gangs can have secret meetings to plot some pretty interesting crimes. In turn I believe that more gang on gang interaction can stem from this because criminals should be more wary of civilians reporting them to police whereas another gang wouldn't call the cops because they would be apprehended as well. Not only does the update have the potential to massive improve criminal RP, it also helps with a little bit of balancing. The idea of criminals leaving the server due to the change is pretty amusing considering that criminals have pushed so many civilian players out of the server already due to the insane imbalance in the favor of criminals. While I do admit that some criminals have fantastic RP, many do not and I really do hope that this update filters out those who are just running around rampant and ruining the RP experience for so many.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

you know there is some kind of thing like faction chat? its not a glitch , its police-rp my g.

Right. Ofcourse the faction chat can look up active and finished charges of a person... Anyway, I won't discuss the trustworthiness of our sources in here. I just want to say that I still have the same opinion, but as I mentioned on an other suggestion that I would like to see that people can just log off and that their timer still goes down, but 10 times slower then it would go town if they are online.
And you are right, PD does have a big role. The thing is, criminals are the exact reason for this. I am also sure pretty much every admin, moderator or support staff member also played as a crmininal or still does (which I am one of).

Enjoy your day
:90_wave:

I'll be in Public 3 discord if anyone wants to discuss this update via voice. I'm hoping I can get a few people to convert their opinions with a good argument. I invite those who are particularly passionate about the reversal of this update to challenge me here.

2 hours ago, Logan_Black said:

This is stupid, most of the people will leave the server if they will get this kind of sentences.. I am sorry for you to be in jail for that long..

Judging by his username he was one of those people that racked up 200 reckless operations for the luls, and got in pursuits daily. He won't be doing that anymore. Working as intended.

• Like 1
  • PogU 1

26 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Judging by his username he was one of those people that racked up 200 reckless operations for the luls, and got in pursuits daily. He won't be doing that anymore. Working as intended.

How about we use me as an example, you know my current charge list better than most and I get away 99% of the time leading to more charges.

It took me 6 months to get caught last time, you're saying next time I'm caught I'm expected to serve a minimum of 50+ hours in prison not AFK as my current charges stand?

I'm all for extending the prison time to say 4-6 hours max (3x old sentences is reasonable) and keeping the current debt systems, this negates the "reach time limit = 0 consequences" attitude.

You come from a criminal background yet you portray yourself as the most "anti-criminal" players on the server. Take a step back from the PD RP and think about the impact this will have in the long term.

But at the end of the day, this is a game and people shouldn't have to spend hundreds of hours idle due to their RP preference.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

How about we use me as an example, you know my current charge list better than most and I get away 99% of the time leading to more charges.

It took me 6 months to get caught last time, you're saying next time I'm caught I'm expected to serve a minimum of 50+ hours in prison not AFK as my current charges stand?

I'm all for extending the prison time to say 4-6 hours max (3x old sentences is reasonable) and keeping the current debt systems, this negates the "reach time limit = 0 consequences" attitude.

You come from a criminal background yet you portray yourself as the most "anti-criminal" players on the server. Take a step back from the PD RP and think about the impact this will have in the long term.

But at the end of the day, this is a game and people shouldn't have to spend hundreds of hours idle due to their RP preference.

Yes, you should be expected to serve the time related to all of your offenses. As we have no judicial system, there is no statute of limitation on charges. Do you really expect to be free and clear because you've been evading the police that entire time? One of the biggest issues with having a maximum sentence that I think you're missing is metagaming. Criminals have the tendency to lean on that maximum sentence and continue to commit more crimes knowing that they will not serve a longer sentence. That is incredibly hurtful to the server as a whole. Did you think of that?

11 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

How about the players that you're affecting with your robberies and other crimes committed? Should there be a cap on how many times a faction is allowed to rob civillians? How many items they can take a day? 

6 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

I think the answer is yes... you said it yourself.... you run most of the time and it took 6 months for you to go to jail... escaping jail time does not mean "I win less jail time yay" it means I serve my jail time when they catch me if they ever do. You put off 6 months of charges? Its probably going to be a long stay... but you could have chosen not to run and served 45 minutes to an hour... you made that decision and now you and a lot of other people are mad that this means you spend a day or two in prison. RP with each other... civs do it trapped in houses all day because of chain robberies.... I think criminals can both benefit and deal with the amount of time. A cap is just an artificial fuck it/safety net for a person... if you had that many charges you would generally go away for life... you could always CK and let that character spend life in prison while you start fresh, and forget everyone you know.... but I would just do the time... Like I said the average employee of any job spends like 6+ hours a day on... its not unreasonable for you to sit out 4 - 6 hours for evading shooting people stealing and cooking usually all in the same run.... 

Nobody is making you idle, it an RP server, RP... I keep hearing people say "But there's nothing to do"... guys... has anyone here ever played RP on any other game? Ever played D&D? ROLE PLAY, use your imagination... if you don't like doing that then you probably didn't want to RP in the first place and were part of the problem....

Y'all do know prison is an aspect of criminal RP, right?  Now you have the opportunity to actually RP your criminal fully rather than having him miraculously skip the entire prison experience and character development that results from it.  Stop looking at this as an OOC punishment because it is not.  Use it to further your character ICly and their story.

Gang members and such rarely have an entire career without once going to jail or prison and certainly not when they're as brazen as the criminals here.  If you'd like to roleplay a brazen/rambo type criminal, feel free, but there are actually more realistic consequences for that now that your character will have to deal with.  Congratulations on the roleplay experience being improved and being granted an opportunity to further insert yourself into the role.

Roleplay is what you make of it.  Get into passive RP, get into character development, get into making experiences for yourself and others where there aren't any.  Those are the basics of roleplay.  This is definitely a bit of a shock change but I'm confident those that are here to actually roleplay will enjoy it with time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.