kennyGribbins

Make Prison Sentence Cap at 120 mins again

11 minutes ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

So frisking someone over their color and finding an illegal gun is fair? Frisking someone over a traffic stop is fair? Bringing 10 officers to impound and frisking everyone there out of suspicion of a heavy weapon is fair? No description, no CCTV investigation, nothing and that's fine to you guys, isn't it? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, reeceobz said:

LOL "Tell me why there is 20 of you guys but I sit here for hours waiting for a cop to come to impound" That is so fucking true. 

It sucks how civilians sit at impound for IRL hours and hours to get their car released when there is probably like 20-30 cops on at a time and it takes literally 30 seconds to release someones car. Kinda ruining civilian RP if you ask me. 🤔

Edited by xxxJustTimmy
  • Like 1
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 1

I do like some of the ideas here though...

The jail time per crime could be tweaked slightly, but I like the idea of offlining jail time as well. This could get players to use or get alternate characters if they want to continue playing.

Edited by Xoza

2 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

It's almost as if you were wanted in connection with the murder of an officer. 

Well that's where your wrong mate because i had no charges and i walked out the doors as a free man after the rare situation of actually being questioned.

• Like 1

possible +1 to this

Im saying possible as my only active criminal, Ariadne Kouris, hasn't actually been much affected by this- but i wouldn't want to spend time on her for like.. over six hours at maximum. The thing is, i'm very careful about her crimes already and what's on her criminal record isn't even a quarter of the criminal things i have actually committed on said character. If a criminal thinks smartly about how they go around doing things, i think they won't get the shitty sentences in prison we're seeing in this thread.... not counting the charges and tickets all us criminals had BEFORE this update- THOSE are definitely a right pain in the ass. There's still a reason i don't roll up and around drug labs in a car, but on a trusty dirtbike instead... although it might make sense with a car if you're cooking in a group, but still- if its just you and your pal cooking, think about taking one or two dirtbikes instead, like a Manchez or BF400.

If they keep this unlimited sentence thing, or if they reduce it to four to six hours max, i think they should also agree that the DOC guards need to actually be there and present with the prisoners both in the normal cell block and in solitary. My character Sophie is a guard at the DOC currently, and i myself KNOW we don't look in on them half as much as should actually be happening- and from experience on Kouris, the guards don't actually check up on you during solitary. i have spent an entire 120 sentence on Kouris with nobody even so much as replying to my /s 'shouting'. Most of the time, us guards at the DOC will sit at the outer Intake, or perhaps in one of the towers or go on an exterior patrol. If there's going to be longer sentences, i think us guards should be told or even made to check in on prisoners, and actually interact with them- it gets boring just interacting with your fellow prisoners that only seem to wanna action/fight rp half the time.

- also, one last bit for the people saying 'play poker to reduce your sentence', i don't even know how poker works so that isn't even applicable to me. suppose i could learn how it works, but then again, why would i learn how it works just for the sake of a game? plus i'm just a general dumbo that'll forget how it works after i'm released from whatever prison sentence i serve.

- ALSO, i've found out that 400 tickets only take 40 seconds off your prison time... maaaybe increase that? unless the amount of tickets you get from mining is decent, thats a bit extreme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xxxJustTimmy said:

It sucks how civilians sit at impound for IRL hours and hours to get their car released when there is probably like 20-30 cops on at a time and it takes literally 30 seconds to release someones car. Kinda ruining civilian RP if you ask me. 🤔

You mean IRL there isnt 2-5 cruisers on 1 person for a standard 30kph speeding ticket traffic stop? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, mineteamleader said:

possible +1 to this

Im saying possible as my only active criminal, Ariadne Kouris, hasn't actually been much affected by this- but i wouldn't want to spend time on her for like.. over six hours at maximum. The thing is, i'm very careful about her crimes already and what's on her criminal record isn't even a quarter of the criminal things i have actually committed on said character. If a criminal thinks smartly about how they go around doing things, i think they won't get the shitty sentences in prison we're seeing in this thread.... not counting the charges and tickets all us criminals had BEFORE this update- THOSE are definitely a right pain in the ass. There's still a reason i don't roll up and around drug labs in a car, but on a trusty dirtbike instead... although it might make sense with a car if you're cooking in a group, but still- if its just you and your pal cooking, think about taking one or two dirtbikes instead, like a Manchez or BF400.

If they keep this unlimited sentence thing, or if they reduce it to four to six hours max, i think they should also agree that the DOC guards need to actually be there and present with the prisoners both in the normal cell block and in solitary. My character Sophie is a guard at the DOC currently, and i myself KNOW we don't look in on them half as much as should actually be happening- and from experience on Kouris, the guards don't actually check up on you during solitary. i have spent an entire 120 sentence on Kouris with nobody even so much as replying to my /s 'shouting'. Most of the time, us guards at the DOC will sit at the outer Intake, or perhaps in one of the towers or go on an exterior patrol. If there's going to be longer sentences, i think us guards should be told or even made to check in on prisoners, and actually interact with them- it gets boring just interacting with your fellow prisoners that only seem to wanna action/fight rp half the time.

- also, one last bit for the people saying 'play poker to reduce your sentence', i don't even know how poker works so that isn't even applicable to me. suppose i could learn how it works, but then again, why would i learn how it works just for the sake of a game? plus i'm just a general dumbo that'll forget how it works after i'm released from whatever prison sentence i serve.

- ALSO, i've found out that 400 tickets only take 40 seconds off your prison time... maaaybe increase that? unless the amount of tickets you get from mining is decent, thats a bit extreme.

As far as the DOC goes we do the best we can but the government has us capped at 40 people, thats 40 people for all hours of the day.... and we have to assume 10 ish hours a week.... and we spend most of it processing... you know this because you have an alt that works there, we are underfunded, understaffed, and under-supported for our job... also prison RP once they reach the cell block should be 90% criminal on criminal, guards don't play ping pong with the inmates at real prisons... and honestly when it comes to kouris spending the entire 2 hour sentence in prison solitary, that is after a nearly hour long RP for putting her in prison. We cannot stop and RP for 2 hours with every criminal while also processing and dealing with bugs that have been unfixed for months, people abusing jumping over walls, falling through the floor... not to mention dealing with the revolving door of applicants because most of our guys go to PD because they have the ability to yknow... place charges... and we have to go through the whole process again and deal with visitations and attacks on the building......

People keep pointing at the DOC, but it can't be more without the respect and support of the other law enforcement agencies. Its pretty shitty when somebody kills someone in our parking lot and we have to let them go because no PD answer the call to come add charges... the whole system is lacking... and honestly I started at 40-50 hours a week but now im down to like 20 because I really cant be fucked to do 6 jobs at all times and fight PD, the Government, and Criminals.... 

1 hour ago, TheCanadian said:

You mean IRL there isnt 2-5 cruisers on 1 person for a standard 30kph speeding ticket traffic stop? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

If IRL every other traffic stop turned into a pursuit or shootout, there would be. Los Santos is not a typical town. We do in hours what Los Angles does in a year, murder wise.

26 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

If IRL every other traffic stop turned into a pursuit or shootout, there would be. Los Santos is not a typical town. We do in hours what Los Angles does in a year, murder wise.

The only traffic stops that turn into shoots outs are the people who are people with warrants.

Most of the time PD dont even have motive they just remember your voice or outfit. I was once arrested for murder of a gov employee aka Police officer while the crime took place i was masked also the officers died but because he was filming they had a car dashcam whereas if i die and have it on film your telling me i can rewatch it and go kill that man? It’s double standards. That wasn’t all in this situation I continued to get ID’d with a mask on and in a V12 with all black Windows (car wasnt mine)  

• Like 1

I have a cop and criminal character and have personally never had a problem with the police in the manner that people have been describing in this thread. While the jail time changes are quite significant it will in my opinion make Criminal RP better. On my criminal character the only time I got caught was when I was doing downright stupid crimes such as robbing in broad daylight. People complaining about reckless driving charges don't really have any basis to complain. The law is easy to abide by as theres only a handful of cameras and everyone knows where they are. I personally have dozens of Reckless driving charges on my criminal character but I don't think the jail time change is unfair because I did the crime and now I suffer the consequences. I know that for me personally a lot of my reckless driving charges are because I was already wanted and im going to go to jail for 2 hours anyway if I get caught so why follow the law now?

And realisticly no one is going to be serving an 11 day sentence or something stupid like that. Most criminals when they get caught are going to be serving a few hours.

And I find that a big complaint here is not actually at the jail times itself but the LSPD faction. While I have personally never experienced or witnessed any of the accusations people are saying in this thread this has no impact on the jail times. If there is actually a problem with cops stacking charges thats a problem that needs to be fixed instead of bandaid fixing it by capping jail time at 2 hours.

Saying that I would be in favour of a cap at say 10 hours as a good middle ground. But the majority of criminals on this server aren't going to be serving 10 or more hours in prison. It's just the few odd ones that took advantage of the 2 hour limit to commit as many crimes as they like because they know theres no consequences.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brandon Powers said:

-1 There needs to be a long role-play time in prison to evolve gangs, gangsters, businessmen and the PD in general. 

This is what the development team wants, some kind of Alternate RP experience where you live out your criminal life in prison for long periods of time, You say 120 minutes, what about 3 weeks in prison? I think its a too idealistic idea, it sounds nice, if you are not the one in prison. Its just not possible to simulate this accurately.

Its like how a person imagines prison to be like, all this danger and gangs etc. meanwhile its just mental torture sitting in a box with nothing to do.

DOC was a mistake

The only way to make a proper punishment system is to say, You cant earn any money, but your debt to society is repaid when you catch 100 fish, or collect 100 ore, or something similar. Hard Labour.

Edited by money

12 hours ago, money said:

This is what the development team wants, some kind of Alternate RP experience where you live out your criminal life in prison for long periods of time, You say 120 minutes, what about 3 weeks in prison? I think its a too idealistic idea, it sounds nice, if you are not the one in prison. Its just not possible to simulate this accurately.

Its like how a person imagines prison to be like, all this danger and gangs etc. meanwhile its just mental torture sitting in a box with nothing to do.

DOC was a mistake

The only way to make a proper punishment system is to say, You cant earn any money, but your debt to society is repaid when you catch 100 fish, or collect 100 ore, or something similar. Hard Labour.

You come to play, not to suffer:Ddd lmoa

Also, there really needs to be like a 15 minute cap on solitary, if not just a complete removal. The DOC guards use it way too readily and often for your entire sentence. Last time I was in jail I was given 9999 minutes in solitary for disrespecting a guard; they should not have the power to complete remove your opportunity to roleplay in prison. Especially now that you can't AFK it, solitary is a purely OOC punishment. 

1 hour ago, Malcolm Carter said:

Also, there really needs to be like a 15 minute cap on solitary, if not just a complete removal. The DOC guards use it way too readily and often for your entire sentence. Last time I was in jail I was given 9999 minutes in solitary for disrespecting a guard; they should not have the power to complete remove your opportunity to roleplay in prison. Especially now that you can't AFK it, solitary is a purely OOC punishment. 

A 15 minute cap? So every 20 minutes there's a riot? Actions have consequences. If you don't want solitary don't misbehave.

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

A 15 minute cap? So every 20 minutes there's a riot? Actions have consequences. If you don't want solitary don't misbehave.

Are you actually the most boring person in the world? At the end of the day this is a game, and nobody wants to spend their free time sitting on their own in a little cell in a video game for hours on end for "misbehaving" in a virtual prison

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Carter said:

Are you actually the most boring person in the world? At the end of the day this is a game, and nobody wants to spend their free time sitting on their own in a little cell in a video game for hours on end for "misbehaving" in a virtual prison

I don't think it is necessary to start name calling (ie: "most boring person in the world"). You are correct that this is indeed a game but at the same time it is a roleplaying server. What I believe alex is getting at is that at the end of the day if you are roleplaying a criminal and committing crimes/misbehaving then that is your roleplayed choice and therefore you are subject to the downside of that. The exact same can be said for leaving your car unlocked, disobeying demands, etc. It is completely your choice within the game to roleplay these actions which all then have consequences.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.