kennyGribbins

Make Prison Sentence Cap at 120 mins again

Just now, Tezhl said:

I say at this point, just go outside if you wanna see the harshness of real life. People come from a long day of work tired and burnt out from the reality of the world before us. Why make an identical world full of hate, mistrust, and limitations? If anyone denies this reality they must have a life of privilege and wealth unlike the rest of us that come here to forget how harsh the real world can be.

Screwing civs out of their RP is ok because this is how you enjoy it, but what about the civilian rp'ers that have lost countless hours rebuilding from the robbery because you think it's fun.  Now criminals get to experience some of the pain that civilians have for a long time and now you all want to cry about it. Get smart or get arrested.  Accept your losses like civs have had to for so long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reckless311 said:

Screwing civs out of their RP is ok because this is how you enjoy it, but what about the civilian rp'ers that have lost countless hours rebuilding from the robbery because you think it's fun.  Now criminals get to experience some of the pain that civilians have for a long time and now you all want to cry about it. Get smart or get arrested.  Accept your losses like civs have had to for so long.

I would be okay with this system if we are able to IMPOSE fear. Civs HAVE NO REPERCUSSIONS from messing with criminal enterprises. Literally CIV rp "I got robbed" *drives around the block* "Guys robbed me at LSD Lab please help..." WHERE IS THE FEAR? When in LIFE would you ever call 911 on the soldiers/leaders of a major cartel. Be honest that's NON-RP. 

Just now, Tezhl said:

I would be okay with this system if we are able to IMPOSE fear. Civs HAVE NO REPERCUSSIONS from messing with criminal enterprises. Literally CIV rp "I got robbed" *drives around the block* "Guys robbed me at LSD Lab please help..." WHERE IS THE FEAR? When in LIFE would you ever call 911 on the soldiers/leaders of a major cartel. Be honest that's NON-RP. 

Most civs don't bother calling the police because they won't do a damn thing about it. So the civs I know have no recourse and we're basically npc farming tools for crims.  How is that supposed to be fun for civs?  Criminals should value their freedom and not commit brazen acts, this will ensure that happens.

1 minute ago, Reckless311 said:

Most civs don't bother calling the police because they won't do a damn thing about it. So the civs I know have no recourse and we're basically npc farming tools for crims.  How is that supposed to be fun for civs?  Criminals should value their freedom and not commit brazen acts, this will ensure that happens.

Have you ever seen how often labs get destroyed? People call 911 100% of the time. Not valuing their life in the process cause they know they are untouchable beyond being robbed. 

What it comes down to is a lot of criminals want to RP half of something. Robbing, drugs, being a big man with a gun sure... going to jail and surviving that horrible shitty ordeal for (by the way the highest served sentence we have had so far was 4 hours and that was for a fucking prison break with hostages) is something they want to ignore. Fun parts of RP, I like to RP being an official, but that means I have to also do the boring shit that comes with it. Nobody loves their whole job and this is RP dont try to get the stuff you want all the time. A criminal was boasting in here that "It took them 6 months before they caught me last time" So 2 days every 6 months? Cry me a river... act like a criminal... keep your head down... stop flaunting your weapons all over and work in the shadows... 

+1 hardly anything to do as a criminal anyway now the punishments are far more severe. 

9 minutes ago, Wizzidy said:

What it comes down to is a lot of criminals want to RP half of something. Robbing, drugs, being a big man with a gun sure... going to jail and surviving that horrible shitty ordeal for (by the way the highest served sentence we have had so far was 4 hours and that was for a fucking prison break with hostages) is something they want to ignore. Fun parts of RP, I like to RP being an official, but that means I have to also do the boring shit that comes with it. Nobody loves their whole job and this is RP dont try to get the stuff you want all the time. A criminal was boasting in here that "It took them 6 months before they caught me last time" So 2 days every 6 months? Cry me a river... act like a criminal... keep your head down... stop flaunting your weapons all over and work in the shadows... 

I've seen 6 1/2 hours so far as max

Edited by DGanja

This thread has become... something. I personally feel that we need a solution that works for all parties. In the LSEMS Discord, we've been discussing this very topic. I think that we can all agree that there needs to be better RP from both criminals and cops. Part of this is making sure that crimes are accounted for. Even though it's been memed at this point, if you do the crime, you have to do the time. While it's true that this is a roleplay server, and many people want to RP outside of the prison, there is still a lot of roleplay to be done. I remember a couple of weeks ago, when I was playing on my criminal character, an old dude, I actually had a lot of fun and dreaded my sentence ending. I remember getting a little coalition of guys, and even though I was locked in my cell, I managed to encourage them in the fight against an opposing group (hey Sonny). While I wish DOC guards didn't just pull out tasers and lock you in a cell, I guess it's part of the RP. Now, with the addition of mining and poker, there's so much more to do. I actually developed my character quite a bit when I was just sitting around in prison (apparently he's a former mob boss now). 

With that said, here's my suggestion (based upon input from others):

• Let jail times go down even when logged off BUT only to two hours and at half the speed.
    • During the two hours (or more) that you're logged in, you MUST show good RP, which would be judged by prison guards (if there are none on-duty, you just get taken out automatically). 
      • This would not only promote good RP, but also give DOC guards more to do (other than AFK sim). They could choose to RP corruption, but they both them and the person they're releasing early would still have to show good RP. DOC IA could also get some more work (@Liam Crawford wink wink) and purpose.
  • Remove the AFK timer (easy enough to understand).
  • Cap the amount of prison time amassed through server-applied charges (such as Reckless Operation) to four or eight hours (could be debated).

If this was implemented, you would probably see better RP overall, since it would have to be developed in prison, though I cannot confirm or deny this on a scientific level. Even though I'm speaking to you as someone who mainly RPs as a civilian, I think that there needs to be some aspect of criminal RP on the server - it not only gives PD more of a purpose, but it allows for good character development (depending on the player). The problem right now is that at least 80% of people on the server are criminals and there are no repercussions for their criminal actions. Implementing a system that not only helps them develop their RP, but also helps civilians is one that is necessary at this point. 

Edited by iAchieve
Added to suggestion.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JayGamble said:

There would also be FBI probings and officers being fired left and right for questionable behavior. You guy's are not angels by ANY means.

This actually happened in my city well I was growing up:
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2009-oct-01-me-burbank-police1-story.html

There is nothing to keep police officers in check past the "IA" system, which I can say I've personally have never written, even though I've dealt with these problems. At the end of the day officers words always trump a "criminals" on an IC level, and for me personally.. that's enough to deter me from trusting officers on any real level.

We have multiple officers each month penalised for stuff we accept they did wrong. We have pages and pages of disciplinary action logged. We spend countless hours discussing situations and what action we should take on the officer based on their rule/protocol breaks, and we consistently remind officers on how to conduct themselves. To suggest we do/have nothing to keep them `in check` is ignorant and uninformed. If we are going down the route of basing our entire opinion of factions based on occasional individual incidents (which I don't think is the right way, not to mention these incidents are IC) then you guys and your factions come out worse everytime. And that isn't even an opinion, that's a fact.

Edited by MReefer
  • PogU 1

1 hour ago, Tezhl said:

Have you ever seen how often labs get destroyed? People call 911 100% of the time. Not valuing their life in the process cause they know they are untouchable beyond being robbed. 

It's funny because it's salty criminals fighting for drug labs that call cops on each other, not civies 😄

5 minutes ago, heartgg said:

It's funny because it's salty criminals fighting for drug labs that call cops on each other, not civies 😄

nah its always new players who get capped after making drugs, then call the cops anyway that's how cops always show when I'm hitting labs. 

37 minutes ago, MReefer said:

We have multiple officers each month penalised for stuff we accept they did wrong. We have pages and pages of disciplinary action logged. We spend countless hours discussing situations and what action we should take on the officer based on their rule/protocol breaks, and we consistently remind officers on how to conduct themselves. To suggest we do/have nothing to keep them `in check` is ignorant and uninformed. If we are going down the route of basing our entire opinion of factions based on occasional individual incidents (which I don't think is the right way) then you guys and your factions come out worse everytime. And that isn't even an opinion, that's a fact.

Yeah, if you say so. You either need to witness the negative action yourself, by HC; or an IA report needs to be written, as I mentioned. Countless actions are swept under the rug, or lost in translation because of the effort it requires for you guys to see it from our point of view. It's nice to see how objectively you see this, as you are turning this into a "hey you official factions are worse than us every time", glad to see how mature we can be at the top. 

Edited by JayGamble
  • Upvote 1

Look ladies and gentlemen,

This will be a hard period for criminals, especially for those who had a lot of charges previously along with tickets... But after this period of suffering, things will transition into norm. At some point, criminals won't even consider robbing a police officer and will think really hard before they start shooting away at anyone for that matter. I am not a criminal roleplayer, and I can only imagine that this is a shock for you... but in the end, this is a step away from a cops vs. robbers server. I'm sure many of you like shootouts and evading police officers, but cops also would like to have other crimes to investigate rather than constantly get harassed and shot at. Criminal RP will now be forced to go underground and integrate with prison RP.

Maybe this will be amended or maybe not, but for now, this seems as the only way to make criminal RP have big consequences and force it to go underground - basically make criminals think before they act... I don't know if any of you can see it, but Los Santos is cartel infested Colombia right now, when it should be a normal American city. This change will make LS become a normal American city.

TLDR: Having a gang camp parking lot is fucked and when a squad car pulls up you should all scram (jk, but basically this 😄)

Edited by heartgg

6 minutes ago, heartgg said:

Look ladies and gentlemen,

This will be a hard period for criminals, especially for those who had a lot of charges previously along with tickets... But after this period of suffering, things will transition into norm. At some point, criminals won't even consider robbing a police officer and will think really hard before they start shooting away at anyone for that matter. I am not a criminal roleplayer, and I can only imagine that this is a shock for you... but in the end, this is a step away from a cops vs. robbers server. I'm sure many of you like shootouts and evading police officers, but cops also would like to have other crimes to investigate rather than constantly get harassed and shot at. Criminal RP will now be forced to go underground and integrate with prison RP.

Maybe this will be amended or maybe not, but for now, this seems as the only way to make criminal RP have big consequences and force it to go underground - basically make criminals think before they act... I don't know if any of you can see it, but Los Santos is cartel infested Colombia right now, when it should be a normal American city. This change will make LS become a normal American city.

TLDR: Having a gang camp parking lot is fucked and when a squad car pulls up you should all scram (jk, but basically this 😄)

The criminals are getting harassed and shot at by cops also everyday we have an officer who just follows us all the time and tries to charge us

16 minutes ago, JayGamble said:

Yeah, if you say so. You either need to witness the negative action yourself, by HC; or an IA report needs to be written, as I mentioned. Countless actions are swept under the rug, or lost in translation because of the effort it requires for you guys to see it from our point of view. It's nice to see how objectively you see this, as you are turning this into a "hey you official factions are worse than us every time", glad to see how mature we can be at the top. 

Hey don't expect to try and slam down our faction with inconsistent facts and expect nothing in return. I wasn't the one who brought a specific faction into it in the first place, I was initially talking about the server wide RP. And yeah well no less mature than talking to someone for over and hour OOC because you were upset with a fully IC indicent. And I was under the impression support staff were meant to keep the two 100% separate unless some sort of OOC rule was broken.

Edited by MReefer
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MReefer said:

Hey don't expect to try and slam down our faction with inconsistent facts and expect nothing in return. And yeah well no less mature than talking to someone for over and hour OOC because you were upset with a fully IC indicent. And I was under the impression support staff were meant to keep the two 100% separate unless some sort of OOC rule was broken.

now you're gonna bring up me clarifying something with you in DM's? Reefer, is this really who you are on a human level? My facts are not inconsistent, I've played crim with my group since I've started, we've all felt it. I'd appreciate if you were a bit more professional on a public platform.

Edited by JayGamble

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.