kennyGribbins

Make Prison Sentence Cap at 120 mins again

Just now, heartgg said:

All I'm saying is, there needs to be some consideration before deciding to shoot at police officers or performing illegal actions not underground. This time cap removal creates that consideration.

There needs to be some consideration before shooting criminals 

Just now, kennyGribbins said:

There needs to be some consideration before shooting criminals 

Mr. Kenny Gribbins,

Trust me, there is more than enough consideration before shooting criminals. It is something that officers discuss every day.

Just now, heartgg said:

Mr. Kenny Gribbins,

Trust me, there is more than enough consideration before shooting criminals. It is something that officers discuss every day.

Trust me, there is more than enough consideration before shooting cops.  There is a certain reason before they do it.

3 minutes ago, kennyGribbins said:

Trust me, there is more than enough consideration before shooting cops.  There is a certain reason before they do it.

Mr Gribbins

Clearly not because then we wouldn’t have 5 shootouts an hour on the server between gangs and cops 

2 minutes ago, kennyGribbins said:

Gangs and Cops Not every gang has a shoot out every hour and usually the cop is arresting there member and that's why it starts.

Some one lowlife thug gang member being arrested should not call for gang members to shoot at police officers. And we will see a change in mentality with this system. Criminals hopefully won’t risk it for their buddies due to the new system.

Just now, heartgg said:

Some one lowlife thug gang member being arrested should not call for gang members to shoot at police officers. And we will see a change in mentality with this system. Criminals hopefully won’t risk it for their buddies due to the new system.

Not every person your arrest is a thug they could be high rank members in a criminal Organization

I think the bigger issue lies on risk vs reward for crim rp. Lets put aside the hands up 5 secs and shooting at cops for this example. Right now if you were to head to a lab with 3 people to do a large cook. Since you are planning to hold the lab down for several hours, you bring a pistol and maybe a heavy weapon, to stop other criminals from robbing you. If you cook for 4 hours, you will probably see a profit of about 100k each, but if you get caught by the cops, you're looking at about 5 hours in jail and a 24k fine. And that's if you dont shoot at them. There is no reason to risk getting robbed for everything or getting caught by police for this little amount of money when you could fish or mine for 4 hours and make slightly less. If jail times are going to be uncapped, then reward for doing crime has to be significantly better than what it is now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heartgg said:

Some lowlife gang member? To us, those people are our brothers and sisters. Just like the officers you trust with your life in the line of duty are to you. We build bonds with those characters, and care about them. 

Words (and perceptions) like this are why we are against police being judge, juror, and executioner. You are making it more clear than ever that you are not capable of being unbiased enough to be in a position to jail someone for days on end. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Brawnkoh said:

Some lowlife gang member? To us, those people are our brothers and sisters. Just like the officers you trust with your life in the line of duty are to you. We build bonds with those characters, and care about them. 

Words (and perceptions) like this are why we are against police being judge, juror, and executioner. You are making it more clear than ever that you are not capable of being unbiased enough to be in a position to jail someone for days on end. 

If you wanna tell me I’m not in the position to jail someone on days on end let’s take it to DMs heartgg#2701

15 minutes ago, Kencyt_Portugalai said:

24hours to only 14hours, i mean you come to play and enjoy the game. Not to Idle and run around the prison. Haha

What about the people that come to play civilian and are left ziptied, without a phone battery and on their knees in Paleto? A few minutes later connection to your alarm system has been lost.

Their time doesn't matter? Forcing them into a gang is alright? That's a cops and robbers server.

• Like 1

This whole thread is nothing but bias.

The idea of upping the prison cap has been discussed for ages now and plenty people including crims have agreed that the old system wasn't enough of a deterrence. However, the system that we have in place now is just simply overkill. The idea of being imprisoned for days on end would only be viable if a judicial system was in place, which i'm sure we can all agree would be incredibly difficult to have going 24/7. Nobody here wants to essentially be banned for 11 days by oblivious judge, juror, executioner cops. 

With that being said, find a middle-ground. Something that isn't minimal like the last system and something that isn't insane overkill like the one we have now.

• Like 3

Someone went to prison today for 27 hours. They weren't gang affiliated, they were not a murderer or an armed robber, they recklessly drove a lot. The cops didn't apply those charges, the server did but because of the amount of charges they amassed decided they were getting that amount. So, when stuff like that happens, even on a rare occasion, to me it exposes a massive flaw in this change. 

It genuinely seems like the big picture gets ignored. PD and Gang relations are on a knife edge at the best of times but you have the perfect insight into just how bad it is in this thread. Gangs don't fight each other and they have even less incentive to do so now because if they get caught and naturally in a gang war, it's gunna make noise and cops will see, it's going to result in hefty prison sentences. For what? The gangs aren't gaining anything, they either maintain the peaceful status quo or they lose out. How's that good for encouraging Gang RP?

We're cats and dogs at the end of the day but there has to be some respect and understanding between at least the leaders of each faction or it splinters the community. 
This change is the equivalent of not being able to get enough salt out of the salt pot, so you unscrew the top and pour it out.

It should of been increased to a more reasonable number like 5/6 hours then see how things go from there. Baby steps, not a long jump.

Personally, I'm not comfortable sending someone to prison for more than six hours so if it's solely up to me and they roleplay, i'm gunna be asking admins to set less time whenever possible. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar and I feel like it's important PD is seen as being reasonable and fair, else we can't really expect the same from the crims can we.

• Like 7

As someone who RP's a criminal I love the fact that I now need to put some consideration into my actions before deciding to shoot at a police officer for example. As a criminal I'm now actually worried about getting caught by cops which is exactly how a criminal should feel, I shouldn't be able to kill someone then give a friend all my money, go to PD to turn myself in and watch netflix for 2 hours and get out to do the exact same thing all over again. I should actually feel worried about getting caught for the crimes im about to do and this change gives us a reason to. In the end these changes means as criminals we have to actually be smarter about our crimes now and carefully plan them out thinking if it's worth doing the time if we get caught instead of just running with the mentality "meh ill just do 2 hours and get out". For me personally these changes make being a criminal a lot more fun. Plus like people have pointed out already this now allows us to develop some really interesting RP from within the prison. As @MrSilky already said we need to focus less on the time limit and more on the roleplay.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Copes said:

This whole thread is nothing but bias.

The idea of upping the prison cap has been discussed for ages now and plenty people including crims have agreed that the old system wasn't enough of a deterrence. However, the system that we have in place now is just simply overkill. The idea of being imprisoned for days on end would only be viable if a judicial system was in place, which i'm sure we can all agree would be incredibly difficult to have going 24/7. Nobody here wants to essentially be banned for 11 days by oblivious judge, juror, executioner cops. 

With that being said, find a middle-ground. Something that isn't minimal like the last system and something that isn't insane overkill like the one we have now.

I agree with this, we all really need to come to middle-ground with this.  Just because I'm a cop doesn't mean I agree with jailing crims for 11 days and etc, that's no fun for you guys.  And lets be honest, that's no fun for me because what would I do if all you guys were locked away for ages?

I fully do think the time needed to be changed, 120 mins is just simply not enough guys.  It's not fair to shoot at cops and only get 120, a bigger punishment needed to happen.  I think 4-6hrs should be max.  But you should only get that if you ABSOLUTELY deserve it.  Middle ground guys, put yourself in the others shoes and think if a situation is fair for BOTH sides.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have come to a realization that many of you crim characters are thinking of worst case scenarios for jail times. You may think you’ll be getting like 24 hours, but in reality it will probably be less than 6. Why? Because for example, murder charge is 90 minutes. You have to kill 4 peeps to give to jail for 6 hours. Other charges are even less now so you have to really do a lot to get up to 6 hours.

and for my reckless charge people? You got what you had coming for a while. just don’t drive at 220kmh 4head 

obviously days for reckless charges is a lot but you probably thought you’d get away with 2 hours in prison. Hopefully this no cap period will improve your driving 😕

2 hours ago, MReefer said:

Hey don't expect to try and slam down our faction with inconsistent facts and expect nothing in return. I wasn't the one who brought a specific faction into it in the first place, I was initially talking about the server wide RP. And yeah well no less mature than talking to someone for over and hour OOC because you were upset with a fully IC indicent. And I was under the impression support staff were meant to keep the two 100% separate unless some sort of OOC rule was broken.

For the love of God, please get off of your high horse. Everything crim factions had to do, they earned it through a long and consistent effort. PD didn't "earn" much on an IC level and while I'm sure you guys put in your own share of work, a lot of things were given to you. You guys get everything free and work actively off of scripted updates. I say this not out of anger or anything but this is known to be true and with that being said, I implore you to stop talking as if you aren't biased down to the T. From what I've seen so far, some these dudes just want PD/Civ RP and that's fine but at least say it and stop beating around the bush, it's uncivilized. I think the server tends to forget that Criminal RP is PD RP as well and vice versa, we're connected in everyway and in order for you to exist, we have to exist too; this is the reality. Currently, there's an imbalance and instead of owning up to that, you want to argue mute point as if they have weight, they don't. 

The same way a lot of you guys feel about Crim RP is the same way Crims feel about your RP, please understand this. You people talking about Criminals killing cops or robbing rapidly and you guys forget about Colby, Darnell, Avon, Nicholas Harm, Borris, Toby Vintage and so much more. These are guys who either ran criminal organization that killed cops and robbed everything in sight or ended up ditching PD for criminal life. I say that to remind you that the standards of RP goes both way. If you guys have an issue with how Criminals RP, why hire the same dudes you have that exact issue with in the first place? People who were the forefront of it? If Criminal RP is bad, yours is just as bad and that's reality. So frisking someone over their color and finding an illegal gun is fair? Frisking someone over a traffic stop is fair? Bringing 10 officers to impound and frisking everyone there out of suspicion of a heavy weapon is fair? No description, no CCTV investigation, nothing and that's fine to you guys, isn't it? 

The system isn't balanced and if the majority of the community is saying it isn't, then something is obviously wrong and it needs to be fixed; this is common sense. I saw this inside of the fashion channel in discord:

Screenshot_327.png
Get. Off. Your. High. Horse and fix this please. We're all here to RP and taking a step backwards is NOT helping that happen more frequently. I'm also tired of seeing Civs/PD down talk criminal RP when you're not even involved in it. We've literally seen people leave PD/MD with clean records and end up littered with Admin logs directly afterwards. Stop acting like this shit is easy, it isn't and every crim will tell you the same thing. 

+1

Edited by MrUntouchable215
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.