kennyGribbins

Make Prison Sentence Cap at 120 mins again

this is just non sense, if I would get that sentence I would leave my char straight away. This is already server of PD not so much left for eclipse to be only PD server. 🙂 As far I can see only PD officers is happy about that. 🙂

Edited by hashishas
  • Like 1

To put in perspective, they are serving time for 16720 minutes, in the penal book, the longest charge that we have is Domestic Terrorism which nets them with 120 minutes. To get to that sentence, they would have to commit Domestic Terrorism ~140 times.  They have committed more than 140 crimes, and now they are finally serving time for it. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, and that includes the Reckless operation that you get from the speed cameras.

Edited by BrainDed

10 minutes ago, Matriks said:

For people who thinks that current system is good - http://prntscr.com/o9n0jg
How is it fair to sit in jail for 264 hours (11 irl days)??

That was a bug which has since been resolved.

Also anyone who has a load of reckless charges (which they got before the update) that will give them a real over the top amount of time will likely have it considerably reduced this time as one off. But now you all now know how this system works, you have to RP smarter. And drive smarter in the city.

Edited by MReefer

+1 . I think Prison sentence should go back to max time as 120 minutes. Unlimited is too much, as realistic as you wanna make the game, sitting in jail for hour's ain't the one. Would rather sit in jail for 2 hour's and enjoy the game than sit in jail and wanna quit. 

I don't really think they should go back to 120 max. But I will say, very rarely, do prison sentences run consecutively. If you are charged with 3 crimes, (one is 1 year sentence, one is 2  years, and one is 3 years) you don't go to prison for 6 years. you go to prison for the highest amount, and it runs concurrently with the other crimes.

I would like to see crimes of the same nature ran concurrently, except maybe violent crime. I don't believe someone should get 20 hours for 40 non-violent reckless driving charges. Prison times for singular charges should be increased, and non-violent charges that are repetitive should be ran concurrent.

Edited by Brawnkoh

1 minute ago, Cutesader said:

+1 . I think Prison sentence should go back to max time as 120 minutes. Unlimited is too much, as realistic as you wanna make the game, sitting in jail for hour's ain't the one. Would rather sit in jail for 2 hour's and enjoy the game than sit in jail and wanna quit. 

If you don't want to go to prison, be smart about committing crimes. There are a good amount of criminals that have only been arrested a couple of times.

33 minutes ago, Taedolf said:

Y'all do know prison is an aspect of criminal RP, right?  Now you have the opportunity to actually RP your criminal fully rather than having him miraculously skip the entire prison experience and character development that results from it.  Stop looking at this as an OOC punishment because it is not.  Use it to further your character ICly and their story.

Gang members and such rarely have an entire career without once going to jail or prison and certainly not when they're as brazen as the criminals here.  If you'd like to roleplay a brazen/rambo type criminal, feel free, but there are actually more realistic consequences for that now that your character will have to deal with.  Congratulations on the roleplay experience being improved and being granted an opportunity to further insert yourself into the role.

Roleplay is what you make of it.  Get into passive RP, get into character development, get into making experiences for yourself and others where there aren't any.  Those are the basics of roleplay.  This is definitely a bit of a shock change but I'm confident those that are here to actually roleplay will enjoy it with time.

This is a good point as well. Going to prison is a big part of criminal life that was overlooked previously as most people tabbed and watched an episode of GoT.

5 minutes ago, Brawnkoh said:

I would like to see crimes of the same nature ran concurrently, except maybe violent crime.

Then you get the following scenario

Player X gets a reckless driving charge, player X now thinks well fuck it, I'm in trouble for that I'll just drive like I'm in Fast & Furious from now on as any further reckless charges will run concurrently anyway.

Edited by MReefer

7 minutes ago, Brawnkoh said:

I don't really think they should go back to 120 max. But I will say, very rarely, do prison sentences run consecutively. If you are charged with 3 crimes, (one is 1 year sentence, one is 2  years, and one is 3 years) you don't go to prison for 6 years. you go to prison for the highest amount, and it runs concurrently with the other crimes.

I would like to see crimes of the same nature ran concurrently, except maybe violent crime. I don't believe someone should get 20 hours for 40 non-violent reckless driving charges. Prison times for singular charges should be increased, and non-violent charges that are repetitive should be ran concurrent.

That would require a court system to plea bargain on behalf of the criminals to get concurrent sentencing instead of consecutive. It shouldn't be concurrent for every crime or criminal. More of a case by case basis.

Edited by Reckless311
Corrections

1 minute ago, MReefer said:

Then you get the following scenario

Player X gets a reckless driving charge, player X now things well fuck it, I'm in trouble for that I'll just drive like I'm in Fast & Furious from now on as any further reckless charges will run concurrently anyway.

Which is why I stated singulars should be increased. I'm open to meeting in the middle on the topic at any time, as such, maybe reducing numerous counts. But if you have a bunch of the same charge, it flat out shouldn't be a 1:1 consecutive sentence. It doesn't make sense in the real world, and it doesn't make sense here. 

6 minutes ago, Brawnkoh said:

Which is why I stated singulars should be increased. I'm open to meeting in the middle on the topic at any time, as such, maybe reducing numerous counts. But if you have a bunch of the same charge, it flat out shouldn't be a 1:1 consecutive sentence. It doesn't make sense in the real world, and it doesn't make sense here. 

The entire city doesn't make sense compared to the real world though. The characters in this city have mindsets nowhere close to the majority of people that do things in real life. If gangs and criminals irl operated like they do in this city there would be marshall law.

There has to be something to help tone it down and bring forward smater, better RP.

Edited by MReefer

Have to admit, this does kind of suck the fun out what is a game at the end of the day. While I love to play this RP game, having people sitting in Prison for 36 real time hours is a bit of a fun killer. Im all up for spending more time in prison but having an unlimited stack able time is just a joke.

If unlimited prison time is staying then we should at least be allowed to go AFK or the time should be counted when you aint logged in too or something.

PS. Wont be renewing my VIP until the game becomes fun again. Just isnt worth paying RL money to sit in Prison for stupid amounts of time.

Edited by BigDaddySco

You would have to be pretty terrible to get anything close to that. Not to mention you would have be doing your criminal activity in front of police each and every time without getting caught, for a huge number of times.

Edited by MReefer

Just now, MReefer said:

The entire city doesn't make sense compared to the real world though. The characters in this city have mindsets nowhere close to the majority of people that do things in real life. If gangs and criminals irl operated like they do in this city there would be marshall law.

Last time we met, do you remember? You were driving your super, and you ran out of gas. Not all crims are as bad as you make them out to be. Many of us do want to RP.

The next problem is, what if I get a 6 hour sentence on suspect charges or crooked cops? It's happened before to me, but what now? I file an IA and wait for how long? I serve 6 hours of my life (multiple IRL days if I play 3 hours a day) because a biased officer said I did something that I may or may not have done? I got murdered by your force just a couple days ago trying to give up, without ever pointing my gun at any officer. These are the same guys who get to decide how what/how to charge crims as judge, juror, and executioner.

It's a very clear conflict of interest. I don't see how that doesn't seem like a problem to you with no attorneys, judicial system, etc. 

10 minutes ago, Brawnkoh said:

Last time we met, do you remember? You were driving your super, and you ran out of gas. Not all crims are as bad as you make them out to be. Many of us do want to RP.

The next problem is, what if I get a 6 hour sentence on suspect charges or crooked cops? It's happened before to me, but what now? I file an IA and wait for how long? I serve 6 hours of my life (multiple IRL days if I play 3 hours a day) because a biased officer said I did something that I may or may not have done? I got murdered by your force just a couple days ago trying to give up, without ever pointing my gun at any officer. These are the same guys who get to decide how what/how to charge crims as judge, juror, and executioner.

It's a very clear conflict of interest. I don't see how that doesn't seem like a problem to you with no attorneys, judicial system, etc. 

Well those who do want to RP smart criminals will generally not even be that affected by this. That, we should agree does work the same as irl.

I see your point about the wrong sentences. This is something we will obviously have to step up ourselves, coming down harder on people giving false charges, handling IA reports quicker, even if it means taking on more officers to do so (whatever the solution may end up being). This change won't just make things different for you guys, but the police will have to adapt the right ways for the servers sake as well.

This is a big transition that will take some getting used to for everyone, and I have no doubts this won't even be the final solution. It wouldn't surprise me if small tweaks come in as we notice things that don't quite fit.

Edited by MReefer
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, MReefer said:

Well those who do want to RP smart criminals will generally not even be that affected by this. That, we should agree does work the same as irl.

I see your point about the wrong sentences. This is something we will obviously have to step up ourselves, coming down harder on people giving false charges, handling IA reports quicker, even if it means taking on more officers to do so (whatever the solution may end up being). I fully acknowledge that this change won't just make things different for you guys, but the police will have to adapt the right ways for the servers sake as well.

To be completely honest, this change really doesn't affect me the same way it does other guys. I don't see my RP changing, because I have never been one of those guys with 40 reckless charges, I pull over when I see red and blues, and I'm not doing blatantly obvious crime (or chain crimes). 

I completely agree with you guys on the 120 max being too low. I think the shell shock from many comes from the series of several jail nerfs at once. The pendulum swung from too far left, to too far right, instead of sitting in the middle somewhere (solely my opinion). No AFK timer, and excessive sentences being rolled out at the same time can be disheartening without knowing any of the specifics of stamps and working in prison for these guys.

I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle of the two. It wasn't perfect before, and it isn't perfect now. Crime was way too rampant. But also, without crime, you guys wouldn't have jobs. 

Far too often I feel like these conversations are just crims vs. cops arguing a point with their heels dug in the ground on both sides. It's far too often that both sides are too far in each direction to have a rational conversation. So, I appreciate your candor. 

Edited by Brawnkoh

12 hours ago, Tezhl said:

Let's go with your hypotheticals, why can police open fire on a vehicle not stopping? This would be non-rp and support the concept of trigger happy cops. Why doesn't the PD have a force matrix report form where you detail every interaction performed documenting the outcome of traffic stops, firefights and so on a so forth with evidence of each outcome? Why isn't there a casefile case outlining charges that can be review by a judge that then decides charges place since cops IRL can't charge then sentence?  How come cops have .50 Cal rifles given it's only permitted on stop vehicles within the US? How come PD have a teamspeak channel where information can be metagamed? How come PD has the ability to take out firearms without billing the department when they are lost? How come weapons are bound to the character of the Police member and can't be taken like any other? How come PD has a panic button that can be pressed outside their GPS'd car? How can your cruisers total the speed of super? Why isn't there a forum section cataloging all evidence collected as it applies to crimes? 

Seems like we only want roleplay that fits outcomes we want, doesn't it?

I do not agree with the suggestion of lowering max time but a charge time reform should be made.Moreover the wholw things with the copa that you described with details is 100 percwnt accurate. Cops have overpowered stuff,cars and do what they want. Most times they dont even promote good quality of rp and many others they break rules like fearp rp and nonrp. Moreover the cop teamspeak channel is metagaming as with the same sceptisism everyone should be able to do it. Overall cops and charges time should be totally reformed

1 hour ago, MReefer said:

There has to be something to help tone it down and bring forward smater, better RP.

Not every gang is the same most gangs are different also if you want to have better RP why don't cops have proper evidence instead of witnessing it your self and saying oh its him then you get arrested. 

Edited by kennyGribbins

2 hours ago, MReefer said:

There would also be FBI probings and officers being fired left and right for questionable behavior. You guy's are not angels by ANY means.

This actually happened in my city well I was growing up:
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2009-oct-01-me-burbank-police1-story.html

There is nothing to keep police officers in check past the "IA" system, which I can say I've personally have never written, even though I've dealt with these problems. At the end of the day officers words always trump a "criminals" on an IC level, and for me personally.. that's enough to deter me from trusting officers on any real level.

Edited by JayGamble

2 hours ago, MReefer said:

You would have to be pretty terrible to get anything close to that. Not to mention you would have be doing your criminal activity in front of police each and every time without getting caught, for a huge number of times.

I say at this point, just go outside if you wanna see the harshness of real life. People come from a long day of work tired and burnt out from the reality of the world before us. Why make an identical world full of hate, mistrust, and limitations? If anyone denies this reality they must have a life of privilege and wealth unlike the rest of us that come here to forget how harsh the real world can be.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.