kennyGribbins

Make Prison Sentence Cap at 120 mins again

I have a friend who left the server already because of 5 hours of jail, what was the reason? a guy metagamed him to cops so they chased him and jailed him for 5 hours, he's an engineer IRL and he used to play 1-2 hours per day, now he didn't get online for 5 days because of that jail.

It's not fair at all and should be 120 minutes again to be fair for everyone.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Morrison said:

I have a friend who left the server already because of 5 hours of jail, what was the reason? a guy metagamed him to cops so they chased him and jailed him for 5 hours, he's an engineer IRL and he used to play 1-2 hours per day, now he didn't get online for 5 days because of that jail.

I think this is a perfect example why the maximum jail sentence should be 120 mins

21 hours ago, Morrison said:

true , my hommie got 24hours jail

+1
I think it's kind of ironic how people are saying 5+ hours is realistic for the crimes you commit... There are rules that make most scenarios unrealistic, so I don't see why sitting 5+ IRL hours in prison with absolutely nothing to do but mine ore and get punched around by some mouthy inmates is okay. Everyone who has gone to prison are bored out their mind and I speak on behalf of almost every single person. Don't believe me? Give it a try, since there's so much RP there!

The prison suffers because it's something different to every one. 

The devs could really get into the prison and code all this good shit for it, but I think the fundamental flaw is that you are there as a punishment. You aren't able to be doing what you want, as a consequence of getting caught.

There's less consequences to acting a fool in prison than there is outside of it. You're already locked in. 

I don't think we should support AFKing in prison, because it is a role-play server but I think perhaps maybe we should accept that the prison is a bit of a lost cause. It's probably the second hardest place on the server to RP properly (first being the bank).

I don't get satisfaction of sending people away for hours, I get the satisfaction from catching them. So recapping prison times wouldn't bother me. I do think that fines for the serious crimes should go up though if that happens.

After having long enough to both witness it personally and see it at extremes, 120 minutes was nothing. However, there should be a cap, I've seen someone get 22 hours at points which is a literal joke.

In my opinion a good middle ground would be to introduce a cap say at 6-8 hours and with this increase the fines. It ain't that hard to not go to jail I've been under 10 times in by 18~ months as an active criminal.

Edited by CallumMontie

120 minutes is too low. That's 90 minutes for VIP's. IMO 5 hours is a good middle ground. It's enough to make serious crimes have a serious punishment but not enough to make people not want to login because they have to do /afkmath every 10 minutes for 20 hours.

At this point I feel like prison is mostly a lost cause in terms of RP. I don't think any development time should be put into it because most people are going to AFK in their cell regardless of what's added. Spend that time developing stuff that people will actually enjoy and use.

Edited by Copperhorse

Hello, this sure was an old suggestion revived.

I believe I've said this in previous suggestions, so I'll keep it short. We're not interested in introducing a cap again, instead, we've purposely kept jail/prison times for individual crimes low to let players decide themselves what they want to do and how they want the outcome to look like.

"our driver *redacted* decided to evade cause he didn't want to get reckless operation, we got chased by PD and got caught," was in a recent Internal Affairs Report. This is just an example to show that something that could've turned into a few minutes sentence, ended up being hours, because of somebody's actions. And this is a common occurrence despite us not having a cap.

So introducing a cap will not do us any good, we want there to be consequences for your IC actions. If you feel that there's a lack of RP or scripted features in prison to make your stay more enjoyable, please focus on suggesting scripted features and/or rules to make your stay more enjoyable.

- Osborn.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.