Shannon

More Parking Options and Lots

-1. Scripted parking deletes the vehicle from potential roleplay. 

I understand your idea and it is a good one in terms of server performance and client sided lag reduction, I just worry about how we are on a roleplay server but just magically de-spawning and re-spawning vehicles at common locations.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, MrSilky said:

I understand your idea and it is a good one in terms of server performance and client sided lag reduction, I just worry about how we are on a roleplay server but just magically de-spawning and re-spawning vehicles at common locations.

I agree with this, but I see how people like to have this suggestion implemented. Personally, I suggested some changes in the house parkinglots in the past where the car would actually go somewhere instead of despawning when parking it up. That, for the same reason as mentioned above.

24 minutes ago, MrSilky said:

I understand that the vehicle is removed from potential roleplay, this could be easily fixed by asking the player if they had a vehicle in one of the private lot's with a /do and then spawning it, as in the initial suggestion it mentions the vehicles would rply be there. 

I'd like to add that this is for only one personal vehicle and there will still be many that remain unparked, due to people either having the slot filled, unwilling to pay the fee, or are simply not able to access a slot due to not being in a Faction for example. 

I have not proposed all vehicles be /parked, just some to reduce the seemingly abandoned vehicles.

Edited by CallumMontie

Huge +1 Our HQ can be extremely laggy and i believe this would definitely help solve the problem. Most vehicles parked are parking in an NCZ anyway where no RP is done regarding them excluding the few officers that check for parking pay. This implementation would force people to actually pay for parking instead of just leaving their vehicles at an NCZ over night and praying it doesn't get impounded.

• Like 1

I dont know about public spots, because while it can cause some frame issues, it does make the areas more alive and makes it possible to find wanted individuals in these areas.

I do think that a faction parking would be good, simply because not all factions have the same amount of parking (DCC has the smallest lot when comparing to other legal factions, SD might also be quite small). It would also prevent people from stealing cars from NCZs as it can be hard to catch these kinds of rule breaks and it does not add to RP to have vehicles there.

For criminals i dont think its a bad idea as well as most of the time, no one is going into faction HQs trying to steal cars, there will still be some who do. Maybe have a faction limit of cars that can be stored internally to still keep some vehicles out, rather than having all the vehicles off the map.

On 2/22/2020 at 3:06 AM, CallumMontie said:

I understand that the vehicle is removed from potential roleplay, this could be easily fixed by asking the player if they had a vehicle in one of the private lot's with a /do and then spawning it, as in the initial suggestion it mentions the vehicles would rply be there. 

I'd like to add that this is for only one personal vehicle and there will still be many that remain unparked, due to people either having the slot filled, unwilling to pay the fee, or are simply not able to access a slot due to not being in a Faction for example. 

I have not proposed all vehicles be /parked, just some to reduce the seemingly abandoned vehicles.

This would go against the rule saying you can’t make other people hand over entities that are not present in the area.

2 hours ago, Pegasus_ said:

This would go against the rule saying you can’t make other people hand over entities that are not present in the area.

Rules can be adjusted as can the script. 

This rule in specific does not apply to cars parked in hosues so it should not apply to cars in private lots.

Publics lots such as the car park should still be protected by this imo. 

• Like 2

-1. Everyone in there server would have a place to despawn thier car and avoid it being stolen or impounded takes away a huge amount of Rp, if you want to make your car safe from being robbed or going to impound you park it at your house or the current two parking places within the city. having the ability to park a car in a safe location out of site would make it to easy for crims to have stash cars and literally take away the need of anyone needing a house what so ever. In my opinion anyway.

Edited by Magz

-1 I am not a fan of just removing vehicles from existence. These vehicles provide for increased immersion as well as potential roleplay and apologies but a scripted park would just completely negate all of this. I understand the fps drops, I experience them as well, but I have to pick immersion/roleplay over this suggestion.

• Like 1

I feel like there are two things to consider here.

One is that keeping vehicles in the world, opens up the avenue of them being steal-able/impoundable.

Two is that there are certain areas of the map where performance genuinely takes a shit because there are so many cars around. I'll reference the LSPD, Central MD and the Triad HQ as areas effected.

I would support this if

• The parking facility was limited to one vehicle per person.
  • The parking facility had to be paid for, by that faction, whether they're a Triad, PD or whatever.

Neutral.

We need a /park for the LosSantos Bank but in my opinion it should cost at least 1000$, it should not let you park your car if you have one at the Legion Square Parking Lot and it should not let you park one if you have one inside already (so it would have only one slot).

Neutral

And here are my reasons:

-If OFFICIAL Illegal Factions were able to park there vehicles, then it would only take away so much RP, say for example, Rooks and Vory decide to push said gang's HQ with the intent of stealing their cars, that would not be possible as the vehicles would be parked, meaning that said gang could store things in their vehicles and just park them to avoid loosing them. For example they store a machine pistol in their car and just parks it. Just takes away so much possible RP in my opinion

-Takes away RP from LEO's people could park vehicles at the bank removing the need for parking tickets, which would then make it impossible to issue illegal parking tickets for officers, as everyone would just park their vehicles until they're ready to go.

-Most of the Legal Factions listed either have a functioning gate or are within the bounds of an NCZ.

Either way it was a good suggestion, keep the awesome suggestions coming!

• Like 1

The area you have to drive to put your vehicle into the parking lot is cramped and not very big, meaning you can't just RP'ly park in a parking spot and /park. Expanding the area of the /park command to the entire parking lot, or a bigger area would help. In addition, maybe adding another parking lot to the city would also benefit. This area is really open, and will allow for heavy traffic in and out as well as big vehicles without issue.

1288114230_parkinglot1.thumb.jpg.9a9a486c551299ca1b33ae4c6f7b56e2.jpg

Directly behind this parking lot is a full second parking lot, for more space.

771477735_newparking2.thumb.jpg.7f13113fd16e9a0815fa344304eba275.jpg

Edited by PurplePlant
  • Like 1

I've recently gotten back into trucking after about a year, and I actually hate the parking lot by Legion Square. One entrance to it has a bar that's too low for trucks to pass under, and the other is partially blocked by concrete blockades and usually other vehicles in the way for me to get to the /park marker. Expanding the radius would benefit it greatly, so instead of having to carefully smash through booms, vehicles and people you could /park your truck from the outside of the lot like everyone else in smaller vehicles can.