Shannon

More Parking Options and Lots

Just now, gyrhnr said:

I would only agree on the basis if they would reduce 1 vehicle / player / parking lot ,because people just abuse them filling their cars up with stuff and storing it there

What's wrong with that? I think the majority use parking lots as they're intended to be used anyways 

• Like 1

we should count the number of server suggestion centered around additonal parking lots, we should then compare this to the times staff have commented or responded to them. 

its been mentioned time and time and time again (similar to extra spaces at high end) i am actually starting to think that the devs do not read server suggestions at all as the lack of feedback, available roadmaps or any other indication that something is being looked at just does not exist. 

i saw a comment once on one of them which said something like "this has been forwarded to the dev team" but thats about it. 

+1 from me however i wouldnt get your hopes up about this

This has been suggested multiple timed before, I think it would be a great addition but I think it would be greater if it could grow naturally IC. There are multiple business properties in Paleto maybe one can make a parking space and when it gains attention request for a script to allow for extra capacity like the one in LS. Would be cooler if things like this can grow ICly instead of always being the devs incentive.

3 hours ago, Xoza said:

People, please use search! Really wish I could moderate the suggestions forum, we could just merge all the same suggestions and see what's been requested the most.

oh I searched and I found. The thought of bumpin em all did cross my mind but I decided to make another thread instead. Be nice for it to happen, being a county sheriff would make more sense.

The purpose of this to assist in a main issue with the server currently, that being mass numbers of vehicle left around all Faction HQ's and high traffic areas e.g. the bank. 

What I propose is something along the lines of:

Each faction would have a scripted /Park attached to one of their properties, where either a garage, large interior or sizeable area dedicated to a parking lot is available. Identical to how the current parking lot works. 

This would do the following:

Each member of the Faction would be granted only 1 vehicle slot in the /Park menu. This would then have a parking fee that deposits the money to the Factions treasury. This price can either be set by the Faction or a standard fee similar to how the car park works. 

Legal Faction Examples:

LSPD - /Park would be implemented into one or all of the garages with opening doors, this would then grant the faction member a place to securely park a single vehicle for a designated fee. 

LSEMS - /Park would be located at the back lot, already used for parking their vehicles. 

LSSD - /Park would be located round the back of the office, near the heli pad behind the gated area. 

LSC - /Park located in the already gated lot. 

Bayview - /Park would be located along the side of the lot, where all the cars currently park. 

DCC - /Park would be located being their /gate and off to the right/left side to allow cars and taxis to still drive inside and out. 

DOC - /Park would located behind their main gate and within the already existing staff parking lot. 

Weazel News - /Park would be located at the garages in their gated rear lot. 

City Hall - /Park would be located in their current parking lot across the road from City Hall. 

Money earned from the above would go directly into the Factions treasury and be used to assist with their current budget and used to provide bonuses etc. 

Criminal Faction examples:

As Criminal Factions are often dynamic entities, the /Park could be allocated to an asset assigned to each Faction. The asset would have to have an open yard outside the /park zone to rply allow for parking areas. 

My proposal is that each of the Official Faction warehouses has a /Park attached to them, easily implementing it when other Factions also earn official and receive these rewards. 

Money earned from the above would be at a customisable fee, that would then deposit into the treasury, or collection box which would then have to be transferred to the bank to launder into an account. E.g. /collectparking at the /Park location and transfer the collected sum of cash, introducing some IC risk. 

Public Hotspot Examples:

Each of the below would be miniature versions of the car park, and allow possible from 1-3 vehicles depending on the location. 

Bank - the rear parking lot at the bank would grant a new public parking lot, whilst still allowing cars to be unparked in a safe area. 

Tequilala - the back parking lot would feature a /Park whilst also allowing cars to be left out in a safe area, reviving the now dead but once highly populated parking area. 

Sandy MD - The front lot where cars are currently often abandoned would feature a /Park. 

Paleto Bank - round the side of the lot would feature a /Park, out the way of the main bank doors. 

Money earned from any of the above car parks would go directly to the Government and be used to fund their operations. 

Eac of these areas could be further expanded upon. 

Implementing this will assist reduce the current drops that exist in densely populated areas duento objects rendering. Whilst also spreading out the parking across the entire server and away from the highly targeted central car park. Further creating a more immersive and dynamic vehicle environment. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 12