Malcolm Carter

Automate or Reduce Impound Release Time

4 minutes ago, Chris Bluestone said:

Would be nice  I was waiting like 40 min yesterday to get my car out from Impound and when I ask Officer at PD he say I don't have a time for that shit ! I was wtf what ? 

Exactly, and this happens all the time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aNickinSkywalker said:

Yea this does need to happen. Had a friend wait for over an hour. He rang the PD to get someone down there. Which lead to him getting arrested for calling them!!

+1

He got arrested because he call PD to get his own car out from the impound ? 

Ye I know we have a lot of problems with Police Officers these guys think they can do everything what they want and don't even respect or play by normal civilians rules .

A lot of stupid rules on they side .. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Bluestone said:

He got arrested because he call PD to get his own car out from the impound ? 

Ye I know we have a lot of problems with Police Officers these guys think they can do everything what they want and don't even respect or play by normal civilians rules .

A lot of stupid rules on they side .. 

Yeah! Give a criminal his car back when he got active charges! Lets get them back on the road!
Sorry for being sarcastic, but I experience this topic from both sides: criminal and officer.
What people need to understand is that most of the vehicles get impounded for a reason. Mostly, crime. Still people expect we will do everything for them. 
If you ring and no one comes, maybe just do something else instead of waiting for hours? If no one is around, you come back later right? That makes sense for me. 
I wonder what you exactly mean with "respect or play by normal civilians rules"... Couldn't really figure out what you want to say by that, but there is a difference in priorities first of all. This is just something you will have to deal with as a criminal/felon in my opinion. Life isn't easy for criminals and I wonder what you expect if someone wants to get a car back while having active charges.
And yes, calling emergency hotlines for that is basically calling police for an empty bottle of shampoo and it is an official charge you can get. You can ring for an officer, no need to call.
I recommend getting to know this "issue" from both sides aswell. Not only from 1. Hopefully you then realize how it is.

Edited by Yputi

I'm a cop and more specifically, i'm someone that tends to either put a lot of vehicles into the impound or process people who are getting their vehicles out of the impound.

The current Impounding system is in my opinion flawed. The wait times for the Impound can get ridiculous and to be honest, the vehicle release system is laborious for us as cops as well. But both the vehicle release system and the wait times are some what necessary.

It's not just a way of enforcing better driving and more legal vehicle usage, it's also a way of catching criminals. Unfortunately though, when you go there with a tow truck and someone is wanted, you have to call for backup to get them to come to the Impound to arrest the person.

What I think would make things easier is if

• Vehicles that are 'secure impounded' can be unimpounded without the need for a police officer. You would however be required to have a valid driving license.
    Secure impound is basically a free impound, usually used in situations where someone has stolen a car and used it in a crime.
  • Vehicles that are full impounded would still require a police officer though, as quite often criminals have fines and charges on them that have to be dealt with.

Not a big fan of letting criminals know if they are wanted or not, because it can be abused.

I agree with letting vehicles that are securely impounded be able to be released to the owned as long as they don't have active charges.

When it comes to PD not coming to the impound it is due to having a shootout or pursuit every 5 minutes. This is no exaggeration. I've been in PD for over a year and it has gotten worse with time. While criminal RP is this way the response times will be slow.

3 hours ago, GOAT said:

I'm a cop and more specifically, i'm someone that tends to either put a lot of vehicles into the impound or process people who are getting their vehicles out of the impound.

The current Impounding system is in my opinion flawed. The wait times for the Impound can get ridiculous and to be honest, the vehicle release system is laborious for us as cops as well. But both the vehicle release system and the wait times are some what necessary.

It's not just a way of enforcing better driving and more legal vehicle usage, it's also a way of catching criminals. Unfortunately though, when you go there with a tow truck and someone is wanted, you have to call for backup to get them to come to the Impound to arrest the person.

What I think would make things easier is if

• Vehicles that are 'secure impounded' can be unimpounded without the need for a police officer. You would however be required to have a valid driving license.
    Secure impound is basically a free impound, usually used in situations where someone has stolen a car and used it in a crime.
  • Vehicles that are full impounded would still require a police officer though, as quite often criminals have fines and charges on them that have to be dealt with.

Not a big fan of letting criminals know if they are wanted or not, because it can be abused.

If illegal parking still counts as secure impounded then I like this idea. But I get my car impounded for parking at the bank or just tequila all the time, and always when I come I have to wait for hours. I think that illegal parking shouldn't be considered as not secure or smth.

I go to the Impound Lot rather often, majority of the times I go there and no one is even there to release their vehicles, I then head back to Mission Row to see people saying "I have been waiting at impound for hours and have just got here can someone come", honestly, there is a buzzer for a reason and I feel you guys should wait there and consistently use the buzzer - I enjoy coming to the impound so just use the buzzer and I'll come along. 

1 hour ago, Harry Harmone said:

I go to the Impound Lot rather often, majority of the times I go there and no one is even there to release their vehicles, I then head back to Mission Row to see people saying "I have been waiting at impound for hours and have just got here can someone come", honestly, there is a buzzer for a reason and I feel you guys should wait there and consistently use the buzzer - I enjoy coming to the impound so just use the buzzer and I'll come along. 

You might, sure. I have waited at the impound at times longer than i have served in prison which was led to my vehicle getting impounded.

I don't think it should be purely NPC as RP is done at the impound, possibility of corruption from the officers (ignoring if someone is wanted or not asking for their ids, etc.) Possibilities which would be automated if it was an NPC. But maybe it could be a form of punishment within PD similar to desk duty or crossing guard duty IRL. Someone fucks up something at a situation? rather than getting suspended they go on impound duty and need to work X hours before they are allowed back to their previous status (to be determined based off of what they did wrong), no lethal weapons allowed (Depending on the reason they got suspended). Might be a good in-between implementation a motivator for PD officers to not screw up so they would not have to do the hours on impound duty before they can get back to work.

Make the impound scripted (with license and ticket checking) or at least give the permissions to mechanics.
Cops dont want to release our vehicles or even run away from the impound, or dont just dont come there. Been waiting for 45 minutes, one cop ran away on signals..

• Upvote 2

So my suggestion is we place an NPC or something who will act as a worker at the impound.

The impound will work the same way. If you need your car released you should ring the bell at the impound.

When the bell rings, police officers get sent a notice in their chat (How they currently do).

So, we would search the name who rang the bell on the MDC for unpaid tickets or warrants.

If they are clear to go, the RPly the NPC will release the vehicle. Actually, the officer who searched will have to remotely /viewimpound and /releaseimpound the persons vehicles.

If they are not clear to go because of outstanding tickets, the officer will not release it and with a new command will force the NPC to say "You have outstanding tickets that must be paid" This can already be done I assume because we have the shopkeepers getting robbed who will enter chat to the robbers.

If they are not clear to go because they are wanted, the officer will likely go to the impound to arrest this person with the NPC saying nothing.

I think this will significantly reduce the wait time at the impound lot. Some people have waited there for IRL 2 or 3 hours because cops don't really like to do impound releases and see it more as a chore. If we make the chore much easier then it will be done more often and make everyone's lives a lot easier.

Edited by jerryman
  • Upvote 1

Well, I like the idea. It's true taking out cars from Impound lot it's taking for so long. Also if we are responding, we do it usually in Code 4, so the transit is basically about 5/10 minutes. Other times we are just busy in other kind of situations, I agree adding a BOT or a system as the front desk to check for suspended license/outstanding citations/charges; letting you out the car if all is fine.

+1

Edited by SgtRiasBaixas
Addition

I feel like the server is already too automated as is. Adding in more automation just cuts out on potential RP, which doesn't make sense on a RP server. If anything, we should look for ways to reduce automation and promote more interaction between players.

1 hour ago, Marca said:

I feel like the server is already too automated as is. Adding in more automation just cuts out on potential RP, which doesn't make sense on a RP server. If anything, we should look for ways to reduce automation and promote more interaction between players.

I totally agree with this statement but on the other hand, is it a good RP experience to wait an hour at the impound just to get your car out? Imagine what RP you could've had if you didn't have to wait there all that time.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.