Malcolm Carter

Automate or Reduce Impound Release Time

3 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

If there are calls about vehicle pursuits, armed robberies and so on, most officers will go to those calls. The impound lot is relatively low priority because it's not a matter of life and death.

I don't believe monetary recompense should be used to artificially boost the priority of a less important task.

Considering there are often cops just standing around - I don't see this as ringing true.  This isn't an isolated situation and it is one that happens all day every day. 

I would understand if there were loads of vehicle pursuits but what about when 5 cops are just standing around PD? Or something else?  Do cops just need better training?

Multiple times today even, cops have even been AT the impound lot after doing something, such as impounding a vehicle - but they don't bother to help.

Edited by Kai

+1 They really need to just reword the whole impound system.. I've waited 2+ hours IRL too many times to count.. its really non RP at that point and the amount of times I go to PD and ask for a cop to come release my car its just cadets sitting there doing nothing because they cant do anything without permission.. #LetTheCadetsWorkImpound 

Edited by xxxJustTimmy

1 minute ago, BrainDed said:

-1 If you have to wait little bit to get your vehicle let out of impound, especially after if you were in a chase and your vehicle was impounded, is currently the only decent punishment people receive and what Alex said above.

I would say the prison sentence is the punishment... not waiting for hours irl for something that RP'ly would be staffed constantly.

Just now, BrainDed said:

I don't believe the prison sentence is enough of the punishment, which is why I think with the addition of the impound, it makes it somewhat better.

I would argue that it's simply not RP.  Just because a player deserves punishemtna nd a system punishes a player doesn't mean it should happen.

Consider the RP of it and how it would happen in a realistic situation.   Police irl don't just force released criminals to wait ages for their vehicle for no reason.

+1. I have no problem waiting a bit for an officer to get around to it. However, the issue arises when people wait upwards of 2+ hours real time. I've had a period of time where I spent and hour or so at impound for three days straight waiting for an officer to care. There are countless times where officers drive right past and aren't engaging in a call. Either re-work the impound system or give them some sort of benefit to do so.

• Like 1

+1

somehow you need to make the process faster, as other people have mentioned waiting too long is non rp.
IRL you go get the paperwork done and then get your car out of parking easily because there are responsible people assigned to the job at place.

giving rewards will definitely improve the process speed as it encourages the officers to do the job.

Its also not rp that you go to prison every day, but that is never discussed by the criminals

And it's not RP for you to shove elephants in your backside.

See? I can bring up irrelevant points too.   I don't often go to prison at all. I just happened to today.   The point is just that there is too much of a wait to get vehicles out.

Yes, but by the time you all people served, your IC age would probably be 200 years old by now. There is no consequences for going to prison every day apart from spending 2 hours in it max, and if you are abusing the system and you have 0 money in your bank account, you are also avoiding the fines. 

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

And it's not RP for you to shove elephants in your backside.

See? I can bring up irrelevant points too.   I don't often go to prison at all. I just happened to today.   The point is just that there is too much of a wait to get vehicles out.

Criminals are always bringing up this suggestions saying that its non rp that people have to wait 2 IRL hours waiting to do stuff ( and other suggestions ), while they themselves, getting arrested every day should be classed as non rp.

Edited by BrainDed

4 minutes ago, BrainDed said:

Criminals are always bringing up this suggestions saying that its non rp that people have to wait 2 IRL hours waiting to do stuff ( and other suggestions ), while they themselves, getting arrested every day should be classed as non rp.

Criminals being arrested is non rp?  Maybe they're just bad criminals?

Anyway it really isn't the relevancy of this topic.  Nobody is talking about prison sentences or even criminals - this applies to people that simply had their car impounded for parking or whatever.

• Like 1

That's not Non-RP at all. Think of the cases IRL where criminals re-offend and are bound to that lifestyle. Some criminals are smart and avoid it, others get caught up and face the consequences. As for your point about the consequences, my advice is to make a suggestion regarding the current police punishment system instead of being bias towards all criminal characters. 

1 hour ago, Femo said:

+1

somehow you need to make the process faster, as other people have mentioned waiting too long is non rp.
IRL you go get the paperwork done and then get your car out of parking easily because there are responsible people assigned to the job at place.

giving rewards will definitely improve the process speed as it encourages the officers to do the job.

Have designated Mechanics or Police that take it in turn to release vehicle, 1 Hour OOC/Shift Max?

We go there when we are able to.
Mechanics can't release vehicles as it's under police jurisdiction.

I try to go there as much as possible but like Alex said, often times there is other more important things that require our attention.

I don't however feel like we should be making money off the unimpounding because we're already paid very well and also, it might send the wrong message that we're impounding to profit.

We're impounded because of parking offences and/or other crimes and it's a method of catching people.

Usually when a unit is going to the impound lot, it may receive a higher priority call, like a robbery. We all know that crimes in the game happens 24 hours a day, day or night not having any difference. People will also often engage in a shootout or start running away from cops, even if they would get a small ticket. If that happens, it's again a higher priority. A lot of times, officers are not free for long to do other tasks. There are also a lot of other reasons why we can't have an officer at the impound lot at all times. Unfortunately, that's how the server is right now.

For the system to be automatic or allowing mechanics to release vehicles, it wouldn't work out. A lot of people have outstanding tickets, tickets that they have to pay before getting their vehicle back. Mechanics don't have access to the police database and having the system automated kinda removes some sort of a RP element. 

It's understandable that the system isn't working 100% efficiently, however as more officers are recruited, I believe it'll fix itself. So with time, I'm confident there will be enough officers, at all times of the day, to take care of the impound lot.

• Like 1

Yeah do something with it, I have to AFK in front of impound for hours sometimes until I can get out my car, and when they finally come they arrest me for some unpaid ticket because of illegal parking, but I wasn't even online for a few days so I couldn't pay it lol.

• Like 2

Either make the impound scripted so we can take the car out with a command, or make a smaller faction with about 10 members, so someone will be always at the impound and we don't have to wait hours. If the faction will be added - I'll join it.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, reeceobz said:

+1, Some kind of npc should be added. It could deny service if active charges or tickets and inform the police?

Would be nice  I was waiting like 40 min yesterday to get my car out from Impound and when I ask Officer at PD he say I don't have a time for that shit ! I was wtf what ? 

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.