Malcolm Carter

Automate or Reduce Impound Release Time

+1

The last couple times have been relatively fast ((20-30 mins)) but yeah it's known that you'll be waiting unless you just happen to show up as an officer is there. Me and a buddy one time sat at impound for an hour, while 4 cops code 4 driving by just kept going just to stop at the red light next to us. 

Before all of that, I wanna know how much imma pay for my car to get released. All of that is cool and all but up until this moment I cant see how much I'm paying unless my car is released then I'm faced with 10k for an expensive car yo.. 

+1 anyways

I don't speak for every cop but for me personally, the Impound is a ball ache.
But then it's also one of the select opportunities that cops get to interact with criminals in a positive way, taking that way completely isn't perhaps the best solution.

After an academy in LSPD, we often have a surplus of Cadets walking around, not having anything to do. For me, I'd give them a quite crash course on handling the impound and send them down there. It's better for them to be actively doing things and roleplaying with people than just idling at the station.

Also, there are two different types of impound. Secure and Regular. Secure Impounds are mostly used for when your car has been stolen and used in a crime and/or dumped somewhere it shouldn't be. 

So, I feel like it would be acceptable for releasing secure impounded vehicles to take no interaction, as essentially you're picking up your property like you would from Mors but the regular impound, we'll need to roleplay with you to get it out.

That's not going to completely solve the problem but I think it would help.

• Like 1

+1

The current waiting times to have your car released from the impound are too long. If this was added, it would remove a tedious task from the PD's hands, allowing for them to focus on more serious matters and make it so people aren't waiting hours for their car to be released.

8 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

-1 to making it scripted, But they need to show at what impound the person is waiting, because currently it just says that a person is waiting at the impound, no idea which.

I'm not sure about this but i think PD gets notified if its in the city and SD gets notified if its in paleto.

-1 overall but i think we should be told before hand how much we are paying for the vehicle being released.

Yesterday, I waited at the LSPD Impound for about 2 hours total- there were at least 6 instances where police showed up so that THEY could selfishly (in an IC context) impound other people's cars, but when asked to RELEASE a car, they either yell at you, telling you that you can wait (ICly, of course), or straight up ignore you and walk/run away (which is EXTREMELY poor RP, especially from PD)

Not all of them are like this, of course, there was a cop that had a heart and decided instead of running off to help me and another player. 

Why is it that impounds are the only place to require PD to drive there? Makes NO sense. You don't have to RP with a player when getting your vehicle out of mors, or when buying a vehicle at a dealership- you RP with the script. This only takes time from players when they don't need it taken from them. 

Edited by Flucifial

Allow for a scripted release but still require PD to show up if there are a lot of units. It could work either by allowing a scripted auto release after a certain amount of time (give or take 15 minutes) or allowing a scripted auto release if less than 3 PD units are on-duty (similar to the way stores work).

I think there is still a place for roleplay to happen at the impound yard, but it can be frustrating if there is noone to roleplay with at the moment.

+1

On 3/19/2020 at 9:11 AM, InvestedCereal said:

I'm not sure about this but i think PD gets notified if its in the city and SD gets notified if its in paleto.

-1 overall but i think we should be told before hand how much we are paying for the vehicle being released.

At the time, the impound notification doesn't indicate which impound its coming from, which I really find annoying myself as well as other ppl in law enforcement groups. I highly suggest for the next update for the impound lot notification to state Metro Los Santos or Paleto Bay. This would be VERY USEFUL AND CONVENIENT FOR EVERYONE.

in my opinion and thats a ic issue, the pd has to work on this their own way,

i would suggest training the workers who do regulary impounds to also release vehicles if they see someone at the impound while they drop off a vehicle there, instead of ignoring it, but than again thats a ic issue so best guess would be for u to go down to local pd office and try to have a talk with one of the higher ups and also suggest to them something good.

Edited by MistNinja

4 hours ago, ttvKrillex said:

This is why we should allow roadside branch mechanics at a certain rank have full access to the impound.

in that case why not have mechanics being trained properly by pd for that, adds extra rp to both partys. but than there comes the problem of how should a mechanic be checking the persons criminal record before giving them the vehicle, and another issue is trusting a mechanic with the impound lot. Therefore there would have to be special training for it.

After a certain time limit, players should be able to un-impound there own car, had me sitting there for nearly two hours running around looking for police to answer my request, they literally have no care in the world and always have the same excuse that they're busy or in pursuit then you see them two seconds later having a chat down the road in their car bored, like seriously the impound needs to be fixed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.