Malcolm Carter

Automate or Reduce Impound Release Time

On 5/8/2020 at 4:58 PM, HobGoblin said:

I know sometimes the wait can be a while but it’s never as much as people make out. I find it hard to believe that you was there for 2 hours.  A lot of time we get a call for the impound go there and no one is there so we leave. 

Do you really find it hard to believe? I made a previous suggestion where I literally documented the time I was at the impound waiting (it was "only" 1 hour 33 minutes before I got bored and logged out for the night, but I have no doubts I could have waited an additional 27 minutes with no response).

Thread:

2 hours ago, TreMetal said:

Do you really find it hard to believe? I made a previous suggestion where I literally documented the time I was at the impound waiting (it was "only" 1 hour 33 minutes before I got bored and logged out for the night, but I have no doubts I could have waited an additional 27 minutes with no response).

Thread:

Looking at the images. You was on at a time zone where there are less officers. 

1 minute ago, HobGoblin said:

Looking at the images. You was on at a time zone where there are less officers. 

That is like ~7-10 PM in the NA (depending on time zone) I would hardly call this an "off time", in fact, that is a prime time to play for a lot of NA players.  If cops cannot be bothered to show up during that time period that just reinforces the need for an automated version if anything.

Just now, TreMetal said:

That is like ~7-10 PM in the NA (depending on time zone) I would hardly call this an "off time", in fact, that is a prime time to play for a lot of NA players.  If cops cannot be bothered to show up during that time period that just reinforces the need for an automated version if anything.

2:30 AM UTC is not normally busy. Most players are on around 5PM UTC I would say as a guess. Only think I can suggest is to go to PD and ask them to come or don’t get your car impounded. 

I think it would be a very simple script that could be added to avoid this. Have an automated license checking machine that allows the person to swipe their license and it will determine if the car can be released or not based on if it's suspended or not. This however, cannot but used until you have "called" the police and they did not "respond" with an accept, similar to all the other scripts currently such as TAXI and Mechanic (all of which require an accept and not leave people hanging) this way you can safely say, no one is coming I will swipe my license and get on my way.

Hey, I am aware that this suggestion has been brought up in the past, but I think its time for it to be re-visited.

As the crim updates kick in a lot more people are found active with their gameplay, both crim wise and ems wise, which sometimes results in periods where people spend an hour waiting for an officer to release the vehicle that was just illegaly parked which doesnt seem fair considering PD irl doesnt even handle impound yet people spend their irl hours waiting for it.

As I played and still play both sides  for quite some time now( Crim and PD ) I think I can speak for both, now lets move on to the suggestion itself:

The way I suggest impound to be scripted is fairly simple, impounding vehicles should remain the same, but release should be as follows:

An NPC should be placed in a booth object at impound, once a player approaches him and selects the vehicle from the list ( for example same menu from garages used in houses ), the script checks if they have any charges placed on them and if their drivers license is valid, if they do, they are told that the release is impossible at this time and sends a call to PD/SD ( Depending on Impound location ) same way the shipment calls come in.
If they do not seem to have a valid license, they are instructed to renew it at DMV and come after they have obtained a valid drivers license.

In case of them being clean, NPC releases their selected vehicle with them paying the fee as they do at the moment in case vehicle hasnt been safely impounded.

I feel that this way both sides would be happy, as PD/SD could focus on more hands on approach with the calls and crime, while players can have a guaranteed release if they meet conditions to do so instead of waiting for a cop to come by, especially in dead hours where there are few units on duty sometimes none for SD in the early hours.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

+1

Being on the receiving end of this issue as a crim, there's been times where I have waited over 1 hour 30 mins IRL and still no one came. If a PD / SD officer that's on duty see's your name and doesn't like you, just know they aint coming to assist you. But as always PD / SD related it's an "IC Issue". Even though you spend real IRL hours in prison, then even more hours just tryna get your vehicle back there's limits on it being IC in my opinion.

+/-

Please find and revive / support the already existing suggestion. We are attempting to consolidate suggestions so they are better viewed and taken into consideration.

I can support this a bit, the following I believe would be required however, since the impound would be manned by Law Enforcement.

• Owner must be nearby.
  • Owner must have a drivers license.
  • Owner must not have any unpaid tickets.
  • Owner must not have any warrants.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

+/-

Please find and revive / support the already existing suggestion. We are attempting to consolidate suggestions so they are better viewed and taken into consideration.

I can support this a bit, the following I believe would be required however, since the impound would be manned by Law Enforcement.

• Owner must be nearby.
  • Owner must have a drivers license.
  • Owner must not have any unpaid tickets.
  • Owner must not have any warrants.

I did mention all these 4 things needed above in my post 🙂

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.