jeremyy

Permanent Ban Appeals force asset reset

This is a pretty straight forward idea, if you have been found to have committed an offense so severe that it warrants a permanent ban from the server, you should upon appeal and return have to start with an asset wipe. Meaning all houses, cars and cash be removed from your account and you start fresh from a financial stand point.

I feel that if something like this were to be put into place we would see a lot of people breaking rules a hell of a lot less and the server becoming a more immersive environment that doesn't require an admin report every time there is a shootout.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chronius420 said:

-1... With  these kinda rules , server would die. Because all the players would leave it 😕 As other person said , being unable to play is already a punishment.

i disagree that the server will die. I think yeah for the first offense maybe this is a bit rough, but for people that continue to commit these types of offenses there should be a further consequence than just being away from the server. If I were to be honest, as a member of the community, I dont want the people who are doing these things to be a part of the community especialy if they are just coming back to repeat the same offenses.

-1. Permanent bans are given out like candy. Perhaps if the punishment system was changed so that your offenses drop off after a while it would be something to consider (because that would mean they're breaking a lot of rules in a very short period of time), but something where you have a permanent record this makes no sense. Just killing 2 people outside of the rules, even if it was over the course of 2 years, on ECRP that warrants a permanent ban. There are a lot of notable people who have been permanently banned who would've left the server if your suggestion was implemented and it would've hurt the server if they did so.

Edited by Copperhorse
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I don't necessarily think implementing this would cause the server to die. Although, most people who receive perm bans usually never are able to visit the server again, even with a punishment appeal. The few who get their appeals accepted and come back deserve to have a chance with their progress back on the server. The only time I see a force reset being necessary is if the player was banned for cheating. In that case the player would have an illegitimate advantage, therefore their progress would need to be wiped. If someone got banned for cheats/exploits then maybe a force reset would be a good idea, otherwise this is a -1 from me.

Edited by WobblierDog15
  • Like 1

Dm 2 is a perma ban which is extremely low and easy to achieve. There is no amount of time that allows a punishment wipe either, You are suggesting that someone who got DM 1 a year ago should have all of his assets wiped because he miss-judged a situation a year later. There is too much time people put into this game and work in order to obtain these assets to have someone that made a few simple mistakes to have it all ripped away. I promise you if anyone who has any amount of assets such as a business or supercar and their assets were wiped due to DM 2 or a Disrupting server operations ban that they would quit. I know people with an absurd amount of assets and I also know how long they have been playing and understand the work they've put in. Assets are always wiped if it is found out they are obtained through RWT or cheating which is more than acceptable. Mistakes should not lead to legitimately obtained assets being taken away. Huge -1

-1 There are just so many reasons why this should not be the case. Like, i think that the majority of people that get banned would just leave. Additionally, false bans do happen and appeals can take a long time some times, meaning that all your assets would be hard to restore. 

People who are banned for an extended period of time already likely lose their houses due to the server script regarding activity. Additionally, bans result in other IC penalties, such as legal factions don't want to have you in them if you were recently banned, and i would think official crime factions dont want to be full of people who are banned as well.

3 hours ago, Jimmy DiPetro said:

I believe that if the ban was over something else like a person above me said - like cheating, hacking, exploiting - then maybe yes.
It would make more sense in that regard

A lot of cases of cheats and exploits do get some forms of asset wipes. IIRC bypasing AFK, RWT do get either a partial asset wipe or a full one.

So these things already exist, no need to punish someone that could very well get 6 non rp punishments through a year.

@jeremyy - Perhaps a better way to suggest it would be to have inactive players reviewed more often or asset wipe for players who are given 3+ months before they may reappeal their ban. More often than not when given such a long time prior to reappealing, there is something significant on the player's record. As currently stated I am -1 for this suggestion as permanent bans can occur over honest mistakes which is why players can be successful in their appeals after further review of their current punishments and history in the community.

• Like 1