Pertinax

Treat high Speed Bikes like Super Cars

Maybe instead, PD can utilize the tools they already have: high speed units, helicopters, spikes. Maybe some training on spotting and maneuvering on high speed chases.

Sure, drags are probably more accessible cost-wise than they need to be right now, but just increase the price slightly. Ten mil is quite a stretch for a bike that top speeds with the rest of them.

• Like 1

As it has already been mentioned, it is definitely a lot harder to make money on a crim. Right now the biggest source of income for common crims is drug labs, and those are risky because you have the potential to be robbed, or for pd/sd to somehow come and raid the place. 

I got on one time and every drug lab had been raided and destroyed, meaning no good income for crims for 6 hours. 

When I got fired from MD, i had money saved up, but I immediately noticed the blatant change in money I was making, and took awhile to save up to buy a drag.

I think insread of making it an OOC issue with the drags, PD should take the information they know and adopt their training around it. Change how you train, and I get this has been said, but add spike strips, make more people XRay certified. Use the tools that you have and adapt your training to fit the changing times.

Most people started using drags when the big server update came out and you could go into debt and spend 5+ hours in jail. 

So look at it from a crim standpoint, you know PD aren't changing their tactics and training, you dont want to lose all the shit you might have on you, which if youre a standard criminal with a heavy, it's probably about 30k street price right now (using average) then you pay a fine and go to jail for however long. Why risk that, when knowing pd use old tactics, you can just run and outmaneuver them in the city on a bike that is good at that.

2 minutes ago, CarryOut said:

So look at it from a crim standpoint, you know PD aren't changing their tactics and training, you dont want to lose all the shit you might have on you, which if youre a standard criminal with a heavy, it's probably about 30k street price right now (using average) then you pay a fine and go to jail for however long. Why risk that, when knowing pd use old tactics, you can just run and outmaneuver them in the city on a bike that is good at that.

I agree. What needs to be looked at is an underlying issue. The drags themselves are not the issue but rather a symptom. And a reasonable one - it is reasonable for a crim to save up all their money for a drag when they know it helps them make money more effectively by avoiding PD engagements, fines, and jail. IC issues that can be addressed ICly as stated above with training and tools.

What if you looked at this from the lens of what could be added rather than take away. What tools or support do you feel could be added or tailored on your end to make PD more effective in these situations rather than taking away from crims what they already have - and have worked hard for. 

(I personally was only able to get a drag with a loan from a friend because I (and most other crims I know) are broke AF - if you think the vast amount of Crims have a whole lot of disposable income just lying around then you have a misunderstanding) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Haven't really experienced this when I was in PD tbh. Atleast, not because of the speed they can reach. Bikes in general are just hard to catch and there are some that go faster, also making it more fatal when they crash ofcourse.
I Don't feel the need to remove/limit more vehicles. Would love to see some added instead.

Edited by Yputi

-1 there are too many bikes that can easily hit an excess of 190km/h even without a wheelie. If you were to make all these bikes cost that much then bikes would not even be an accessible tool for a crim and that brings even more disadvantage to them because bikes are just about the only way to escape police and half the time you still can’t. Not to mention, like everyone else has said, crims don’t have a steady income such as civilian rp and it is extremely difficult to get 10 mill unless you are a crime boss, and we have very few of those. Not a bad idea, just isn’t realistic for our severs economy

At this point it would be like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. People have them already in numbers, people have a lot of them and maybe long term it would alter things but I don't think it's worth the aggravation in the short term.

However, I think perhaps we could do stuff both IC and in the rules to keep things within acceptable margins.

In-Character

• Add in the motorcycle licenses and specific offences in the penal code for crimes committed using a bike. You'd probably still need a valid driving license but if you want to legally ride a motorcycle, you gotta get the license. If you lose it and continue to ride, you recieve a slightly stiffer penalty than driving without a driving license due to the use of bikes.
  • Start allowing both the Sheriffs and Police to passively deploy the high speed motorcycle units, for those trained in their use. Simple fact is, we have high speed bike units but by the time a pursuit with a Hakachou starts, you hardly ever get in a position to use them to pursue anyway.

Out-of-Character

• Add something in the rules that prevents motorcycles abusing game physics to go up inclines or jumps that would otherwise cause them injury or not actually work in real life. 
    I think the biggest frustration for PD is not losing bikes in normal pursuits but them hitting the off-road, going up mountains like nothing and they vanish like David Blaine.
  • The key part about the rule addition is you still want to give people the option to escape, but i'm talking about the 'to do this would seriously fuck you up' kind of actions.

If I were a criminal, i'd probably use a high speed bike too because if you know how to use them, they are strong vehicles. I don't want to people restricted to what vehicles they can drive, I just don't want them to be used unreasonably.

• Upvote 2

Bikes are naturally faster than cars IRL too...because of their weight. Also, when you crash on a bike at high speeds, you're pretty much 100% injured. SO that's the trade. Being quick and agile, while being extremely vulnerable (Gunshots, Crashing, FearRP)

What should be limited are the new Sheriff Vehicles where a 2001 crown vic can go faster than a 300k sports car (250kmh) Also...their granger keeping up with a sports car as well? Yehhhh..... THOSE need the speed nerf.

Edited by Nubbsauce
  • Like 2

Sweet Jesus. PD and SD already utilise drags and super cars (e.g T20) in order to catch up with criminals. Besides, you have XRay which is something that no criminals have access to?

Oh and let's not talk about the Crown Vic, which goes over 240 sometimes eh?

-1. This is pathetic. If anything, PD/SD should stop using supers and drags that they never paid for. They already have a crown vic and a heli. That's more than enough.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arian said:

Sweet Jesus. PD and SD already utilise drags and super cars (e.g T20) in order to catch up with criminals. Besides, you have XRay which is something that no criminals have access to?

-1. This is pathetic. If anything, PD/SD should stop using supers and drags that they never paid for. They already have a crown vic and a heli. That's more than enough.

It's almost like we're government funded. 

I don't think we should treat sports bikes like sports cars. They have their disadvantages on a IC and OOC level. I think this problem should be approached differently, maybe something like a vehicle maintenance bar, to encourage people to drive cheaper vehicles that cost less to maintain.

• Like 1

Tbf OP has a point. Personally I wouldn't say the problem was solely the Drag bike. It is very very silly for a lot of people to be owning one tbf though. The problem is the low price of most of the vehicles on the server. All vehicles need to have a dramatic price increase, or money from jobs needs to be decreased.

The second problem is the space at high-end. People know they will struggle to sell vehicles in the future, so why bother driving anything but the best rides, fix high-end and more people with drive a variety of vehicles 

Also, police should be able to permanently seize assets like drag bikes.

Edited by padpilot

On 10/17/2019 at 2:09 AM, GOAT said:

At this point it would be like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. People have them already in numbers, people have a lot of them and maybe long term it would alter things but I don't think it's worth the aggravation in the short term.

However, I think perhaps we could do stuff both IC and in the rules to keep things within acceptable margins.

In-Character

• Add in the motorcycle licenses and specific offences in the penal code for crimes committed using a bike. You'd probably still need a valid driving license but if you want to legally ride a motorcycle, you gotta get the license. If you lose it and continue to ride, you recieve a slightly stiffer penalty than driving without a driving license due to the use of bikes.
  • Start allowing both the Sheriffs and Police to passively deploy the high speed motorcycle units, for those trained in their use. Simple fact is, we have high speed bike units but by the time a pursuit with a Hakachou starts, you hardly ever get in a position to use them to pursue anyway.

Out-of-Character

• Add something in the rules that prevents motorcycles abusing game physics to go up inclines or jumps that would otherwise cause them injury or not actually work in real life. 
    I think the biggest frustration for PD is not losing bikes in normal pursuits but them hitting the off-road, going up mountains like nothing and they vanish like David Blaine.
  • The key part about the rule addition is you still want to give people the option to escape, but i'm talking about the 'to do this would seriously fuck you up' kind of actions.

If I were a criminal, i'd probably use a high speed bike too because if you know how to use them, they are strong vehicles. I don't want to people restricted to what vehicles they can drive, I just don't want them to be used unreasonably.

I have footage of staff stunt jumping their police cars over mountains, all 4 wheels of the ground for a good few seconds, and they were in a car. 

Like they really were breaking roleplay,however when I challenged it I was told "if the mechanics allow it" - apparently this is a quote from father Osbourne. I believe the reason for this is that it is very hard to maintain standards across all jumps and all chases, what angle a hill was, what speed etc etc.

Yet you some reason was to make a rule against the bikes. It's the cops that need a rule against them which says they shouldn't really be following a stunt bike over stunt, I mean, it's a stunt bike FFS. 

Second note, nah mate plz don't day that police should start passively using them. Roleplay guys, let's not forget the roleplay. Unless you looking to play only cops and robbers server. 

On 10/17/2019 at 9:31 PM, Arian said:

What do you mean they have X-ray? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.