Pertinax

Treat high Speed Bikes like Super Cars

If you remember in the past, Citizens and Police had the issue of the super cars been so cheap that every one got one and they were speeding around town, impossible to PD to keep a fair pursuit. They were like cancer.

Well now is happening again but with bikes that go over 190 km/h.

My suggestion is the same as they did with super cars. Place bikes (like hakucho drags) that go over 190 km/h with a price of 10 million or more so it will be less accessible to the public, and will be more realistic to see normal bikes instead of Super bikes al around the city.

• Like 3

Its either people run from pd or they have shoot outs with pd.I know you wanna claim they could just not run but no one wants to spend 2 hours plus in jail dude to weapons charges and ever so common racketeering charge that has been being added to peoples charge lists. Right now the easiest way to prolong your time on the server is to never engage with PD as criminal. I feel by removing access to fast bikes will only cause more ooc issues on the server rather improve the quality of roleplay.

This is an IC issue not an OOC issue. In real life police don't keep up with Bikes in a 1 on 1 pursuit. If Drags are as valuable as you say the dealerships could easily do what the gun stores did and raise the price of Drags with the script they have available and agree on a stable price for them. If issues like this are resolved oocly to make the playing field more even. Officers should have much more at risk when they die on duty. When a criminal is arrested they lose to the upwards of 20-30 with fines and loss of weapons and impound fees on top of the jail time. Maybe you would be down for officers to lose a set amount of money on death or even a percentage? 

Edited by Phantas

1 minute ago, Pertinax said:

In that case, buff normal PD/SD Bike xD

Drags arent the problem. BF400s are 24k or whatever stock and go 200+ on highway with a wheelie. I don't see why cops always NEED to be able to keep up with crims. 1 Bike thats fast isnt gonna make a difference when essentially most/all bikes can hit the same speeds with a wheelie. PD has the same if not more than what most Crims have access to. 

coleniggahq.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Although I wasn't on the server during the time of super cars, here's my take on this.

In real life, there are certain cars and bikes that can easily outrun cop cruisers and even cop helicopters. This is something that police departments have to plan for, and setup tactics in case it ever happens.

It's not realistic to limit the speed on super cars, how it is now, or even limit the speed on a motorcycle, just because a normal police cruiser can't keep up. There should be at least some chance for the person to escape if they're on a bike or in a car that's meant to go fast. There's a reason PD has high speed units; although unrealistic, it helps close the gap between fast cars and PD cruisers.

Let's take the Turismo-R for example (a super car). In real life, the Turismo-R is a McLaren P1 GTR which has a top speed of almost 350 km/h. The average police cruiser hits about 250 km/h top speed. On the server, the Turismo-R is capped at 202 km/h while the top speed of a normal police crown vic is near 220 km/h. In what world does it make sense for a police cruiser to go faster than a multi-million dollar super car?

In conclusion, some bikes and cars are meant to give people a chance to escape from the cops. Just because PD can't keep up with Drags doesn't mean they should be removed from the market. Perhaps the root of the problem, the insane amount of money in the economy, should be looked at instead.

• Like 2

Remember here, I'm not talking on removing them or anything like that. There's people with a lot of money that can afford Super cars and there's super cars around the city but they are rare. My point is the same solution of the past that had work in to the bikes.  And do not tell me that people can't afford it. There players that can.

Just now, Z0thian said:

-1 It's very difficult to make money on a crim, being able to actually have a drag is a luxury some people can afford. 

I'm in disagree with the second part. I patrol the city every time, and I see them even in the cereal. No is not a luxury if half of the server have them.

A normal cruiser is already fast as hell i don't think its a problem with the bike but rather the people attempting to catch the bikes, spike strips and a ton of other equipment can be used but is rarely from what i have seen from the times I've been chased, helicopter can also be used ( but they can be lose sight of bikes going underground) but still with the extra capabilities the police force is giving having two radios should give them more than enough chances to block off bikes. I don't think limiting the civil market will help the issue at all.

3 minutes ago, Pertinax said:

half of the server have them.

I'm going to have to disagree with this point. As aforementioned, it is VERY difficult for a crim to make money. Those who did eventually scrape enough together to buy a drag shouldn't be punished for them to be taken away. A lot of hard work went into getting that vehicle, they probably were set back multiple times, robbed, arrested, taxed. It's insanely hard to buy one.

I remember when I got mine, admittedly, I didn't pay for it all myself, I had to get friends to help me, and even now, I struggle to keep it stocked up on fuel because I'm so broke. 

Not to mention, people crash the bike most of the time regardless it's that fast, plus, being Ex-PD I know it is possible to catch a drag, you have high speed units, and Xray to help with that.

Edited by Z0thian
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.