Tomvd682

Druglabs

+1, I often find my self wanting to do drug labs however they are often destroyed. Making it nothing else to do then to rob innocent people.
Then seeing constant complaining that people are getting robbed all the time which as a criminal is currently one of the only options to do when the drug labs are destroyed.

1 minute ago, Jonaseriksen07 said:

+1, I often find my self wanting to do drug labs however they are often destroyed. Making it nothing else to do then to rob innocent people.
Then seeing constant complaining that people are getting robbed all the time which as a criminal is currently one of the only options to do when the drug labs are destroyed.

Exactly

+1

In an ideal world, crafting drugs could loosely resemble the script system for cooking meat.

Mobile crafting station, expensive price floor for lab construction (similar to how laptops are pricey), more risk/reward for all parties. 

I disagree with this idea because the gameplay would continue the same way as it is now and it will still be stale and boring after a few longer runs. What should happen is a revamp of the drug system that will add creativity and dynamic to it and not keep them stable, as Osvaldon promised in November I believe craftable labs should be created which would help out in many many ways, obviously make them very expensive so not every person can get one, but make them available basically to people who have spent quite some time in the city and are experienced criminals RP wise ( IE 400-500k for a drug lab ), that would create more dictated and controlled environment for bigger gangs to influence smaller ones, create market of who can and will use them etc. and also make it a lot more important for people to keep the lab location information a secret and not publically known... It would prevent metagaming of it's location, since joining PD I have noticed the number of 911 calls regarding drug labs are which mostly comes down from salt and toxicity towards a certain gang that is at that time controlling it, IE: Wanted is at lumber, someone hates wanted or got kicked out of lab and they call 911 on them, and they have to abandon lab, we destroy it and that's one out of 6 destroyed for following 8hours which is quite sad and poor RP IMO. So yeah, dynamic and craftable labs which are expensive to craft will be a go-to suggestion from my perspective would add more RP to both legal and criminal side since labs would be more controlled and harder to find, but at the same time worth the risk of shutting down half a mil worth operation.

PS: Everyone seems to be complaining about criminals and their RP and everyone is all mighty and wise to judge, but nobody wants to take an hour and think of what their perspective and options of what to do are...

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

20 hours ago, MrSilky said:

+1

If not, I'd like to see craftable labs so there are no static locations.

9 hours ago, Donovan said:

I disagree with this idea because the gameplay would continue the same way as it is now and it will still be stale and boring after a few longer runs. What should happen is a revamp of the drug system that will add creativity and dynamic to it and not keep them stable, as Osvaldon promised in November I believe craftable labs should be created which would help out in many many ways, obviously make them very expensive so not every person can get one, but make them available basically to people who have spent quite some time in the city and are experienced criminals RP wise ( IE 400-500k for a drug lab ), that would create more dictated and controlled environment for bigger gangs to influence smaller ones, create market of who can and will use them etc. and also make it a lot more important for people to keep the lab location information a secret and not publically known... It would prevent metagaming of it's location, since joining PD I have noticed the number of 911 calls regarding drug labs are which mostly comes down from salt and toxicity towards a certain gang that is at that time controlling it, IE: Wanted is at lumber, someone hates wanted or got kicked out of lab and they call 911 on them, and they have to abandon lab, we destroy it and that's one out of 6 destroyed for following 8hours which is quite sad and poor RP IMO. So yeah, dynamic and craftable labs which are expensive to craft will be a go-to suggestion from my perspective would add more RP to both legal and criminal side since labs would be more controlled and harder to find, but at the same time worth the risk of shutting down half a mil worth operation.

PS: Everyone seems to be complaining about criminals and their RP and everyone is all mighty and wise to judge, but nobody wants to take an hour and think of what their perspective and options of what to do are...

+1 to @Donovan and @MrSilkyideas, this is much better than just adding more lab locations, having the ability to go far out into the woods or in an abandoned warehouse and keeping that location a secret would be much more realistic and be much better RP, removes the possibility of people calling foul on PD for patrolling labs and the gangs will potentially make more money from keeping thier drug site hidden.

To go further on @Donovan idea I don't think there should just be one type of buyable drug lab. There should be tiers.

First tier being weed manufacturing which would be the cheapest to obtain maybe like 50k, easy for the small group of criminals but requiring a bigger space for growing the weed.

Second tier being maybe crack and meth. Costing a little more but better profit.

Third being cocain and LSD again costing more than the previous

Fourth for heroin production.

With the new tier system an update to the current penal code could be implemented to have schedule of drug offences. So different charges for the manufacturing of different drugs. As of right now all drugs are made at the same location so you can really only have one type of charge.

Edited by Tripcee

1 hour ago, Tripcee said:

+1 to @Donovan idea, this is much better than just adding more lab locations, having the ability to go far out into the woods or in an abandoned warehouse and keeping that location a secret would be much more realistic and be much better RP, removes the possibility of people calling foul on PD for patrolling labs and the gangs will potentially make more money from keeping thier drug site hidden.

To go further on @Donovan idea I don't think there should just be one type of buyable drug lab. There should be tiers.

First tier being weed manufacturing which would be the cheapest to obtain maybe like 50k, easy for the small group of criminals but requiring a bigger space for growing the weed.

Second tier being maybe crack and meth. Costing a little more but better profit.

Third being cocain and LSD again costing more than the previous

Fourth for heroin production.

With the new tier system an update to the current penal code could be implemented to have schedule of drug offences. So different charges for the manufacturing of different drugs. As of right now all drugs are made at the same location so you can really only have one type of charge.

I would definitely advocate for this - tiered buyable drug labs. I think this would heavily benefit the server and be a great thing for criminals to work towards.