Machete

Fix the comet retro custom, 811, Kamacho and the drag

1. Police have a huge advantage when it comes to resources and manpower. If they plan it more tactically than the constant line of 15-20 cruisers all in a line you should be able to catch them easily. I seem to see this situation play out a lot when I am driving around the city myself and it should not make sense to have all your man power behind the person you are chasing when it could be split so you can set up spike strips and blockades at key locations.

2. These cars are rare and are not meant to be cosmetics only. You don't go buy a super car in real life to go as fast as a Prius. Yes they will be faster but guess what. The spent the metric ton of money for that speed and just to nerf it because some people in PD feel these cars that should be really fast should only be super expensive cosmetic items. You spend months on end saving for a super car just to go as slow as a crown vic that costs what like 60k. I don't think this argument makes any logical sense.

Huge -1

I want a fast car some day even if I only play legal. I don't want it for just cosmetics. 

Edited by Sineye
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

High end cars will ALWAYS be faster and have better handling/acceleration than normal cars. There is a reason they cost so much and they are so rare. 90% of the supers under-preform and are out preformed my a lot of the new cars and some of the old ones. the 811 and the comet are rarity's that people have to pay extreme prices for. Not everything should be balanced and fair. Both sides have advantages and disadvantages.

46 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

Almost as if a big standard cop irl doesn't get involved in extremely high speed chases. 

Frankly I find it fairly obscene that every single unit on duty often responds to every backup call. 

You once has the Traffic Enforcement Division in pd and it was very successful, you can thank a few key people within PD for attempting to kill off this branch. 

Once again nerfing is not the answer to what is essentially an IC issue. Use your numbers, strategies and training to capture these cars in specific. 

Yes FPS is known to effect speed, but this is built into the GTA engine as a whole and is something the entire game was built around, there is no feasible way to change this. 

The cruise control mechanic is a way to program it , I think it can be done. This is not an IC issue when its about framerate. 

This is a topic about the OOC bug lets not talk about IC stuff

No,  the in game comet matches it's IRL speed and performance. I personally don't believe you should be complaining when you have a crown vic accelerating a fast as a sports car. Not an OOC issue if it is how GTA works. It's literally not a bug in my opinion. Its how GTA was built. Altering it would only be limiting the car's performance as compared to the realistic and actual Porsche performance,  while PD is driving a 224 HP car going 220 KM/H upwards through out the city,  overtaking a high powered sports car.

4 hours ago, NM369 said:

you probably had shit fps, Leader of traids has a gaming beast of a PC and turns everything to low. He gets it up to 300

Wow thats so toxic bro , targeting people like that .

ON- A banshee 900R is slower then a crown vic , is this even fair brother ? 
If you can prove me that im more the  happy to vote your topic lol
As people already say this you guys are already to OP , nerf sports cars and then just arrest postal drivers with 100 members in your faction , cause people will get tired of this and stop playing crime

Edited by DimaDan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NM369 said:

The cruise control mechanic is a way to program it , I think it can be done. This is not an IC issue when its about framerate. 

This is a topic about the OOC bug lets not talk about IC stuff

It's not a bug it's a game mechanic. 

What speed do you propose this cap is set to? 

No suprise that 0 other cops have commented on this. It's not something that criminals need, most cops recognise that PD is a powerful faction and this mindset of constantly wanting to win every chase is toxic. Resorting to the forums to complain about this is ridiculous, you should be looking at how LSPD can use their resources to more efficiently deal with criminals in chases. Utilise TED more and dedicate more resources to TED.

I honestly think suggestions like this is what creates problems on the server. Currently PD has an immense amount of people, the other day I had an experience where a friend was being chased by around 10-15 cops. He was in a comet retro and did get away. But, you need to consider how many of these cars are actually on the server. There are quite literally only three 811's and 10-20 Comet Retros. Considering the amount of criminals on the server, that isn't too bad at all. Nerfing criminals even further should not even be a suggestion. Currently criminal RP is lacking as it is, removing a minor way of escape only encourages the play to win mentality. 

Removing ways of escape just encourages a play to win attitude which is unneeded. This suggestion is the equivalent to us making a suggestion to get rid of the XRAY just because we can't obtain one. It's completely unneeded

Edited by Goaldan

4 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

It's not a bug it's a game mechanic. 

What speed do you propose this cap is set to? 

I've driven it, but I don't have a high end PC so i only got it up to 220 , I'd test it with 60FPS as most people seem to be able to achieve that.

But honestly I'd already be happy if it got capped to 240/250

As I play both sides I'll state my opinion.

The likes of these vehicles aren't exactly a server issue. IRL your gonna have cars that will smoke cops, along with bikes, I can link videos if you want me to.

Vehicles like these aren't just a simple chase, pit, arrest. You gotta prepare the resources and learn their driving throughout the pursuit, maybe get a lucky pit or spike strip somewhere. Its not all about winning all the time from PD. I play PD quite often now and I'll leave gun fights or pursuits I know I won't be able to win/take. You gotta take regard for your life and others around you in general with PD. 

As for playing as crim I'm a frequent driver of a comet retro/drag. I don't always drive them but when I've a lot of items worth money such as guns/drugs I'll typically use them. The reason being so is because I've worked my way over the 1 year and a half to be able to afford these items and I want to keep earning money and enjoy the stuff I can afford. If I want to chill and have fun I'll drive something mediocore that will require more skill that just pressing W on the highway lmao.

Get a buzzard, get people how can deploy spikes and HSU's then work your way catching this people. People in command can allow people to use their personal vehicles for pursuits and I know that multiple members of PD own supers and comets. Its more of an IC issue than anything. An elegy irl (Nissan Skyline R33) tuned right would smoke a regular ol cown vic. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

The answer does not always need to be nerfing the opposing side allow each side to have its advantages and disadvantages. I agree Chrisy that adapting and learning when to accept defeat is something that is needed.

Edited by Phantas
grammer
  • Upvote 1

I think in terms of this, we should just accept things as they are on both sides.

You can complain the PD cruisers are buffed, but the PD high speed units (811, Zentorno and T20) are all stock vehicles and go around 195-205 in most places. We cannot buff those because it would buff everyone elses.

A Gauntlet Hellfire for example can go 220.. 230..

I don't know about you guys, but personally a proper chase is great fun. I'm talking about when it's not just about speed, but tactics. Where to drive, what turn to take, when to slow down etc.. 

16 hours ago, PhenomenalX said:

swat can roll with a drag as well

Just want to put this to rest, being in SWAT does not grant access to a drag.

The only vehicles I don't like is motorcycles because of its nutty handling and that people go straight into subway tunnels, but having one type of vehicle where PD is at disadvantage isn't a big deal to me.

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NM369 said:

Let's say you're in a comet retro but you have a decent PC, you get chased by a another comet retro and for some reason his retro is faster then you just because he has an OOC advatage of having a good PC. Doesnt't make sense

Literally every single car goes faster the higher your fps, some cars are just effected by it a lot more than others. 

This is not a 1 car issue, this is a game mechanic issue. 

There are much more common and still available cars for purchase that are used for this specific goal of speed, yet you fail to mention these. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't say it's unfair or unreasonable to put limiters on cars. IRL cars have limiters in them and you know exactly at what speed it won't go faster, no matter how hard you try. GTA obvsiously doesn't have that because it's GTA, but a RP server would benefit from that. So instead of buffs and all that unbalanced stuff, if all vehicles would have a limiter to their speed, it'd be much easier to have super cars actually be "super" and PD cruisers to be more reasonable when it comes to speed.

4 hours ago, Marca said:

I wouldn't say it's unfair or unreasonable to put limiters on cars. IRL cars have limiters in them and you know exactly at what speed it won't go faster, no matter how hard you try. GTA obvsiously doesn't have that because it's GTA, but a RP server would benefit from that. So instead of buffs and all that unbalanced stuff, if all vehicles would have a limiter to their speed, it'd be much easier to have super cars actually be "super" and PD cruisers to be more reasonable when it comes to speed.

If we are going to put limiters on cars as they do IRL, we should also be able to remove them as they do IRL.

This could come with IC consequences such as an illegal modifications charge for cars etc.

I'm all down for realistic adjustments so long as it is not bias towards one end.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

If we are going to put limiters on cars as they do IRL, we should also be able to remove them as they do IRL.

This could come with IC consequences such as an illegal modifications charge for cars etc.

I'm all down for realistic adjustments so long as it is not bias towards one end.

This can also add very interesting roleplay (perhaps even get mechanics involved). I like this!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NM369 said:

Let's say you're in a comet retro but you have a decent PC, you get chased by a another comet retro and for some reason his retro is faster then you just because he has an OOC advatage of having a good PC. Doesnt't make sense

so make the cap for everyone at 270 or 260. cuz irl its normal speed for 911 rwb