Machete

Fix the comet retro custom, 811, Kamacho and the drag

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Pegorino said:

PD only uses the their Super Car collection if they are chasing Comet Retro or Super Cars.

Drag V drag 

Not true, I've seen officers just cruising and patrolling with Drag's, referring to high command officers. In my opinion makes no sens in real life, even high command officers are NOT allowed to patrol with their own vehicles.

Edited by PhenomenalX

5 minutes ago, PhenomenalX said:

Not true, I've seen officers just cruising and patrolling with Drag's, referring to high command officers. In my opinion makes no sens in real life, even high command officers are NOT allowed to patrol with their own vehicles.

i can confirm that i saw many times pd using drag/ supers to patrol

• Upvote 1

Idk dude, im gonna write a complain to nvidia and amd for releasing such powerfull graphic cards, ah yea also gotta hit up intel to stop making the chips so god damn powerful, they should go back to pentiums, we are getting an advantages cause of these dudes.... Wait also every monitor company are responsible for making more than 60hz... Fck

• Like 1

Ok so a lot of back and forth is happening within this thread. The OP originally stated how frame rate affects vehicle speed, and I think that this is well known. While I do not believe any super car should be nerfed, I have an issue with people stating that the PD vehicles are overpowered. While I do believe that the cruiser (Crown Vic) goes faster than IRL, interceptor and Buffalo (Charger) speeds are severely unrealistic. One simple way to fix this issue is to bring back a PD division that was mentioned before. As an active member of PD, and member of TED, I can tell you all that the Traffic Enforcement Division is a wasteland of potential. If you were to limit Buffalo usage to only Traffic Enforcement and increase its speed cap to its legitimate speed (240 km/h instead of 185 km/h) and decrease the cruiser to its realistic speed (205 km/h) there would be more realism within pursuits (given there are TED units on duty). With that being said, people want to talk realism but then take drags on a mountain hike to flee from police. I think most of these pursuit issues can be resolved in game with more realism in RP. Its all a matter of perspective for everyone within this thread. Here are some IRL km/h statistics for you all to compare to server side mechanics:

Porsche 911 = ~300 km/h

Dodge Charger (Buffalo) = ~240 km/h

Ford Interceptor (SUV for modded players) = ~210 km/h

Ford Crown Victoria (Cruiser) = ~200 km/h

Edited by Jestar723
  • Upvote 1

On 2/11/2020 at 9:32 AM, BadZanta said:

Isn't Police supposed to catch speeding and fleeing criminals by other means than chase after them in high speeds?
Like roadblocks and spikestrips for example, you even got X-ray so you don't have to risk your and other peoples life while chasing in high speed.

All these comet retro users do is press W on the highway some of them even get up to 350 when they hit their favourite bumps. Had a 3 hours chase yesterday trying to catch one. It outruns the heli that only goes 230 (260 if you fly reckless with it) Its just beyond ridiculous at this point, As I stated above your PC should NOT affect your speeds. A speed cap of 250 would already be a good thing

Just now, NM369 said:

All these comet retro users do is press W on the highway some of them even get up to 350 when they hit their favourite bumps. Had a 3 hours chase yesterday trying to catch one. It outruns the heli that only goes 230 (260 if you fly reckless with it) Its just beyond ridiculous at this point, As I stated above your PC should NOT affect your speeds. A speed cap of 250 would already be a good thing

Wait hold up after all this discussions you still have the same idea ? wow good luck buddy 

3 hours ago, NM369 said:

942ZChU.jpg

You're literally embodying a stereotype and not willing to listen to any input what so ever. 

This is a GTA GAME MECHANIC ISSSUE and effects many more cars than just the comet. 

As I've mentioned above if we want to place limiters on cars as an IC restriction, there should also be ways to remove these IC that have a cost and consequences. 

Make the balancing fair for each side, not just "limit comets cause pd can't catch them" 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

You're just dumb and not willing to listen to any input what so ever. 

This is a GTA GAME MECHANIC ISSSUE and effects many more cars than just the comet. 

As I've mentioned above if we want to place limiters on cars as an IC restriction, there should also be ways to remove these IC that have a cost and consequences. 

Make the balancing fair for each side, not just "limit comets cause pd can't catch them" 

OOC insults? I'd expect better behaviour from a faction leader and please remain respectful even though you disagree. and yeah the retro isn't the only issue; 811, rapid GT. 

These vehicles could be limited with the same mechanic as the cruise control, OOC restriction not IC. most of the -1's are from the people that abuse these vehicles.

Yesterday someone clocked one going 350, You don't think this is beyond ridiculous?  ofcourse you don't as you own one. 

18 minutes ago, NM369 said:

OOC insults? I'd expect better behaviour from a faction leader and please remain respectful even though you disagree. and yeah the retro isn't the only issue; 811, rapid GT. 

These vehicles could be limited with the same mechanic as the cruise control, OOC restriction not IC. most of the -1's are from the people that abuse these vehicles.

Yesterday someone clocked one going 350, You don't think this is beyond ridiculous?  ofcourse you don't as you own one. 

Yeah I retracted my statement, prior to you posting the quote, some things still stand however. I don't plan on hiding my opinion.

Lets do some maths:

Comet Retro's used by criminals: (Below figures are estimates and have been granted more cars than actually are used.)

Triads - 3/40 members = 7.5%
Zetas - 6/58 members = 10.3%
Rooks - 3/40 members = 7.5%
WCA - 1/25 members = 4%
NLA - 0/25 members = 0%
Misfits - 0/20 members = 0%
Vory - 1/12 members = 8%
Not Fog - 4/15 members = 26%
Unaffiliated Criminals - 3/50 people = 6%

Overall total 21/235 Active Criminals = 8.9%

Looking at these rough figures, a mere 9% of the active criminals on the server, utilise a comet and most don't use it as their main vehicle.

This bring us to the point that not all of these players are online at once, lets take a inaccurate example and presume 50% are EU ad 50% are NA.

Therefor meaning there is a pool of around max 4.5% of Comet users on at any given time.

Yet you make this out to be a mass abused issue? - these vehicles are the top of their tier and retain essential a Super status.

If you want to nerf cars over 4.5% over criminals who use them when you're online, it's obscene. Never mind you will never chase everyone of these players further reducing the number.

It's a niche vehicle that only a select few have the option to utilise, there is no requirement to punish these owners as they "cannot be caught"

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

Yeah I retracted my statement, prior to you posting the quote, some things still stand however. I don't plan on hiding my opinion.

Lets do some maths:

Comet Retro's used by criminals: (Below figures are estimates and have been granted more cars than actually are used.)

Triads - 3/40 members = 7.5%
Zetas - 6/58 members = 10.3%
Rooks - 3/40 members = 7.5%
WCA - 1/25 members = 4%
NLA - 0/25 members = 0%
Misfits - 0/20 members = 0%
Vory - 1/12 members = 8%
Not Fog - 4/15 members = 26%
Unaffiliated Criminals - 3/50 people = 6%

Overall total 21/235 Active Criminals = 8.9%

Looking at these rough figures, a mere 9% of the active criminals on the server, utilise a comet and most don't use it as their main vehicle.

This bring us to the point that not all of these players are online at once, lets take a inaccurate example and presume 50% are EU ad 50% are NA.

Therefor meaning there is a pool of around max 4.5% of Comet users on at any given time.

Yet you make this out to be a mass abused issue? - these vehicles are the top of their tier and retain essential a Super status.

If you want to nerf cars over 4.5% over criminals who use them when you're online, it's obscene. Never mind you will never chase everyone of these players further reducing the number.

It's a niche vehicle that only a select few have the option to utilise, there is no requirement to punish these owners as they "cannot be caught"

I don't care about the IC stuff or how many drive around. I have a decent PC, get around 60-80 fps usually. You know how fast I'm able to get the retro? 220 max, why should It go faster for others? is this fair to others? ofcourse not. 

Do you finally see the point I'm trying to make here?

2 hours ago, NM369 said:

I don't care about the IC stuff or how many drive around. I have a decent PC, get around 60-80 fps usually. You know how fast I'm able to get the retro? 220 max, why should It go faster for others? is this fair to others? ofcourse not. 

Do you finally see the point I'm trying to make here?

It’s always retro this retro that, almost every vehicle is affected by this. In fact I can overtake you in a crown vic with 2 people while you only have one and I done so the other night during a pursuit. 

it’s gta mechanics and even if it was capped people are still going to reach the top speeds faster than you anyways which doesn’t sort the issue whatsoever. If you don’t care about the IC part of it why are you still complaining ? How does this affect you oocly so much ?