Machete

Fix the comet retro custom, 811, Kamacho and the drag

Just now, NM369 said:

it has something to do with monitor refresh rate, i think 144hertz is the max? you probably still get that on max i suppose? 

If you have around 60fps and your refresh rate is 144z, it won't render the monitor to 144 but stays to 60 so yeah.

Just now, PhenomenalX said:

I can assure you, with good communication you can easily stop that vehicle no matter how fast is the vehicle.

As a crim, no, period. as a cop, If you have a heli maybe , depends how crazy you fly and the comets max speed, 300, definately losing it

10 minutes ago, NM369 said:

As a crim, no, period. as a cop, If you have a heli maybe , depends how crazy you fly and the comets max speed, 300, definately losing it

This is obscene, I have both caught poeple and been caught in the comet due to using tactics and good communication. 

Instead of focusing on nerfing a niche number of vehicles, we should be focusing in tactics to prevent them evading successfully.

90% of the time you lose cops in any fast vehicle because they rarely plan ahead and instead follow the lead units calls. I've done my fair share of both crim and pd. 

I have been overtook by a crown vic going 240, and the sherrif truck also traveling at the same speed. If we want nerfs to sports and super cars perhaps nerf the standard pd cruisers for an even playing field. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

This is obscene, I have both caught poeple and been caught in the comet due to using tactics and good communication. 

Instead of focusing on nerfing a niche number of vehicles, we should be focusing in tactics to prevent them evading successfully.

90% of the time you lose cops in any fast because they rarely plan ahead and instead follow the lead units calls. I've done my fair share of both crim and pd. 

I have been overtook by a crown vic going 240, and the sherrif truck also traveling at the same speed. If we want nerfs to sports and super cars perhaps nerf the standard pd cruisers for an even playing field. 

Well said my man.

I mean the fact that you guys seem to be getting regular and consistent buffs yet you still come to the forums complaining that you need criminal nerfs in itself is a joke. You have access to helicopters, spike strips, super cars, sports bikes, fast vehicles with ramming capabilities, unlimited armour, unlimited weapons and unlimited ammunition, not to mention 100 players in your faction. Use tactics to stop evading vehicles, dont just rely on sheer speed.

Instead of saying these vehicles should be tuned down, all the other sports vehicle should be tuned up.

This was brought up in a thread before, the police crown vic was brought up to realistic speeds (220-230 km/h), while the other sports cars are left in their normal states.

A Massacro should be able to smoke a crown vic, as should a Vacca or Turismo R.

Cops should not be able to keep up with high end sports cars in their normal cruisers.

big -1

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Please lets try to maintain common courtesy on this thread and stay on the original topic without turning this into a criminal vs leo back and forth.

OP - While it is known that unfortunately FPS does indeed have the capability of significantly altering gameplay as far as vehicle speeds are concerned, I am unsure of what an actual counter to this is outside of analyzing each vehicle independently and enforcing a speed cap like the cruise control system works which I don't think would be necessarily fair. No matter which way you flip the coin and it lands, I believe there to not be the most perfect balancing that we would all like to see.

Edited by Aldarine
  • Like 1

Just now, NM369 said:

Every crim has a high end sportscar every crim would just go on the highway and poof gone. RP would be complete bullshit.

comet retros and 811s are breaking the game period.

Deploy the high speed unit, make regular helicopter deployments.

Nerfing every other car while continuously buffing cruisers is not the answer here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NM369 said:

High speed units are stock and slower then regular cruisers. they are useless

They are not stock. The Zentorno and T20 really are that slow, for EVERYONE. Ask to borrow a T20, you would know, it caps out at ~190.

This just highlights the issue criminals with high end vehicles have, they are so capped, while cruisers are so buffed, that they are useless.

would suck to have to wait 5 months at least in PD to be able to pursue a vehicle

If the only way a police officer can pursue a vehicle is by overtaking because he goes 50 km/h faster than it, then that's a training issue.

You would be able to pursue them still, and use the literal arsenal of script advantages at your disposal: IC Teamspeak server, spike strips, helicopters, vehicles that can ram, etc.

Edited by alexalex303

I think people miss the point that fps does affect those vehicles performance, which is unfair OOC as not everyone has a powerfull PC.
Those PD vehicles are used because of the criminal vehicles. I think it would be fair if we not only focus on criminals and PD, but more on people in general as it will not only affect those.

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamalBratan said:

Not even surprised ofcourse its a cop making this suggestion :D. You guys having all the time buffs and criminals has only nerfs. So please dont cry when criminals/civilians has couple cars that are faster than your crowns. -1

Yeah a cop, but i have played more crimRP. I'm talking about an unfair OOC advantage to have a good PC

Was SD for 6 months and have dabbled in crim RP too since. Huge -1. 
supers even comet retro isn’t classed as a super is a rarity. A expensive vehicle because of its capability. It’s for the ten percent. It’s a luxury. Not everyone has it. You won’t catch everyone and as law enforcement we’ve catched many retros before even when they went that speed. Law enforcement has live updates, a large array of training and different vehicles to tackle this including supers. I think no changes are needed. These are limited vehicles in the server and are not purchasable anymore. Restricting the retro would be a huge mistake.

Edited by DrizzyDre
  • Like 1

Instead of nerfing it try to improve on your tactics and communication. PD have ~100 active members not even talking SD, instead of crying here abuse your numbers and assets which includes helies and supercars. Furthermore, these vehicles aren't being used in every single pursuits, they are rare.

Edited by Matriks

I have caught around 4 retros with the Xray. only reason we could was because those people driving it didnt have a 4000euro game PC. Framerate shouldnt influence your ability to evade.

Keep it respectfull on the forums please

Edited by NM369

33 minutes ago, NM369 said:

would suck to have to wait 5 months at least in PD to be able to pursue a vehicle

Almost as if a big standard cop irl doesn't get involved in extremely high speed chases. 

Frankly I find it fairly obscene that every single unit on duty often responds to every backup call. 

You once has the Traffic Enforcement Division in pd and it was very successful, you can thank a few key people within PD for attempting to kill off this branch. 

Once again nerfing is not the answer to what is essentially an IC issue. Use your numbers, strategies and training to capture these cars in specific. 

Yes FPS is known to effect speed, but this is built into the GTA engine as a whole and is something the entire game was built around, there is no feasible way to change this. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1