Machete

Fix the comet retro custom, 811, Kamacho and the drag

Fix the comet retro custom and the 811.

As of right now those vehicles are unrealistically fast and broken for some reason. Depending on your fps you'd be able to get the retro up to 300KM/h and the 811 to 250 somehow. It's not fair to other people that don't own a super PC or players that don't have the money for a vehicle like that. (not going to rant on how fucked the eclipse economy is) these vehicles ruin a lot of pursuits. Both criminal and PD/SD pursuits. 

About the drag (Suzuki Hayabusa GSX 1300R) 

When this bike came out it was the fastest vehicle in the word, Due to the extreme accelleration people "Stretched" the bike (adding the extended swing arm and big tire) as it helps with keeping the front wheel down in drag races. Due to this modification you have problems with taking turns (handling sucks) The real life version of the Drag has a top speed of 397KM/h while the IRL version of the comet retro (RUF Turbo R) goes 323KM/h

I'd suggest adjusting the handling (if that's even possible I don't know) and making it faster.

About the kamacho

This Heavy pickup truck accelerates as fast as drag? what the fuck?

It doesn't make sense that other vehicles are limited below 200, I'd be more then happy to see these vehicles top out at 220Km/h , but 300? come on let's be realistic and try to keep it fair. could be programmed like the cruise control.

This is a suggestion to add more realism to the server.

Feel free to voice your opinion but keep it consctructive

Edited by NM369

I mean youre moaning about normal vehicles but you literally use a crown vic that can overtake the comet? Last time I checked PD cruisers are not anywhere near as fast as a porsche 911 or a super bike...

Also I think the issue with regards to vehicles having weird top speeds is due to the game's graphic engine, unsure if there would be a way to counter this. 

Edited by JakeInnit_
  • Like 7

Just now, JakeInnit_ said:

I mean youre moaning about normal vehicles but you literally use a crown vic that can overtake the comet?

This never happens crown vic tops at 220, while the comet retro goes 300 even the helicopter only goes 220 when you fly normal, which is bullshit

I think the best way to fix this would be to add a system similar to that of cruise control that limits vehicles to their top speed so even high FPS cannot force the car to exceed its top speed. You can also abuse other systems such as brake boosting, kicking rear axles and other things to boost acceleration but I'm not sure how you would counter this.

1 minute ago, JakeInnit_ said:

I think the best way to fix this would be to add a system similar to that of cruise control that limits vehicles to their top speed so even high FPS cannot force the car to exceed its top speed. You can also abuse other systems such as brake boosting, kicking rear axles and other things to boost acceleration but I'm not sure how you would counter this.

thats what i'm trying to say with limiting vehicles to 220

I can confirm the crown vic's speed is around 210-220 at most (which comes with horrible handling, breaking and suspension while being the fastest car of PD in terms of top speed). I personally had a Comet Retro, getting it to 330 purely with fps. Putting a limit at 60 fps made me go around 210-220 at most.
I am unsure what is causing these cars to go this fast based on fps, since this is not a thing in "regular" GTA. But I agree it's a bit game breaking that fps causes such a big difference in speed for those cars.

PS. the kamacho accelerating THAT fast isn't that weird tbh. Drag has a lot of wheelspin since in GTA people often fully accelerate instead of slowly/evenly accelerates. The kamacho is 4WD and doesn't have any wheelspin.

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Yputi said:

PS. the kamacho accelerating THAT fast isn't that weird tbh. Drag has a lot of wheelspin since in GTA people often fully accelerate instead of slowly/evenly accelerates. The kamacho is 4WD and doesn't have any wheelspin.

True, it rams and is heavier better then a SWAT insurgent/tank so the accelleration is a little crazy tbh

Just now, NM369 said:

Honestly don't like it either. but all these vehicles are stock so should have no problem outrunning them.

Stock ? Yesterday I was chased by a PD Paragon and a Novak, both fully modded and it was their personal vehicles, I was driving a super car and couldn't even out run them

In all honesty PD has all of the resources to catch up to these vehicles and make the chase fair, even the regular PD cars go up to insane speeds on a straight line, and changes have been made, not everyone has a comet or a drag, and 811, only the Kamacho might be an issue.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sandiego said:

In all honesty PD has all of the resources to catch up to these vehicles and make the chase fair, even the regular PD cars go up to insane speeds on a straight line, and changes have been made, not everyone has a comet or a drag, and 811, only the Kamacho might be an issue.

100% agree with you that there needs to be more balance, chases should be more dependent on the persons driving skills instead of vehicles.

Only PD high command is allowed to use their personal vehicles. Although there are like 6 chiefs

Edited by NM369
  • Like 1

I don't know why your complaining mate, first of all those vehicles are highly expensive nowadays. As @JakeInnit_ stated you even have a speed vehicle of your own and since I never was a cop, I'm not sure it comes free, sorry if im mistaken. Regarding the Kamacho and Drag if you aren't aware high detectives can roll with a Kamacho and swat can roll with a drag as well. So overall my opinion, there's no issue and neither should you complain especially coming from an officer. No hard feelings, next time if I were you i test out the criminal perspective it's much more intense and harder than you expect.

Edited by PhenomenalX

1 hour ago, NM369 said:

you probably had shit fps, Leader of traids has a gaming beast of a PC and turns everything to low. He gets it up to 300

I actually play on near to max graphics. Nothing is tuned intentionally to gain an advantage. 

There is only 3 active 811's on the server, and a handful of comets that is slowly decreasing in number. 

These two vehicles are high class vehicles, and easily perform to these speeds IRL. The issue of people owning them should not result in a direct punishment as others simply cannot afford to buy one themselves. 

Not everything in life is fair, and neither should it be on the server. If someone wants to pay 5+ million for a fast car, that is a personal choice. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, PhenomenalX said:

I don't know why your complaining mate, first of all those vehicles are highly expensive nowadays. As @JakeInnit_ stated you even have a speed vehicle of your own and since I never was a cop, I'm not sure it comes free, sorry if im mistaken. Regarding the Kamacho and Drag if you aren't aware high detectives can roll with a Kamacho and swat can roll with a drag as well. So overall my opinion, there's no issue and neither should you complain especially coming from an officer. No hard feelings, next time if I were you i test out the criminal perspective it's much more intense and harder than you expect.

I'm no stranger to crim RP, as a crim comet retro speeds are still bullshit and unfair to every other crim. Yeah they are expensive, still not fair that money decides how good you are at evading

Just now, NM369 said:

I'm no stranger to crim RP, as a crim comet retro speeds are still bullshit and unfair to every other crim. Yeah they are expensive, still not fair that money decides how good you are at evading

I can assure you, with good communication you can easily stop that vehicle no matter how fast is the vehicle.