Machete

Fix the comet retro custom, 811, Kamacho and the drag

I think this is less of an issue with the game boosting speed when your computer runs fast but an issue of your computer not being able to handle the video processing/fps of the intended speed. I don't feel this is something that is unitended. They aren't going to let you do 300 kmph if it is just going to crash your computer. It will run it at what your comp can run. They are realistic speeds for the vehicles. The fact it has to scale back the speed a bit for people running Rage on potatoes shouldn't mean everyone else is required to see a nerf due to their computers not meeting the requirements for the way these vehicles are scripted to run. That is unfair for people that have adequate computers. 

I feel like this would be like limiting everyone to 720p because a few people's graphics cards or lack there of can't manage 1080p. Let's not limit people because some people can't run the game with adequate pc builds.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Noah Richards said:

maybe buff the police vehicles with an acceleration boost to get to those speeds faster? Police already have an upper hand in pursuits with having several officers there with possible help of SD. 

bmYLWei.png

how to be hated by all crims with just one easy comment

52 minutes ago, dolan speed said:

The fact that a crown vic can reach 220 and your whining is funny.. the car has an old as v8 and weighs more than a tank... 

The only thing Vics are good for is pursuits on highways. Its handling is trash and flips if you hit a ladybug if youre going any faster than 200 km/h. Other PD vehicles have trash top speed with decent handling. The Buffalo isnt even used by most people because of how unrealistic it is compared to the other PD vehicles. I find it laughable that all crims here are saying that PD Vics are overpowered yet dont acknowledge the fact that other vehicles are unrealistic. 

Edited by Jestar723

From a Cop POV I quite like the current balance as I can keep up with 99% of the cars. 

However I don't think its realistic that I can keep up with any fully tuned sports car, if anything the comet, 811, etc are the only vehicles that are going the speeds they are supposed to go. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

What's wrong with the drags and the kamachos? I get it, the first has insane acceleration (like irl) but the handling should be much worse. The kamacho is a little bit more op and much more faster than the irl version but the crown vic is too so..

Edited by TheCactus
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Noah Richards said:

maybe buff the police vehicles with an acceleration boost to get to those speeds faster? Police already have an upper hand in pursuits with having several officers there with possible help of SD. 

bmYLWei.png

Wouldn't be fair to regular players that don't have millions to spend.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:21 AM, NM369 said:

I'm no stranger to crim RP, as a crim comet retro speeds are still bullshit and unfair to every other crim. Yeah they are expensive, still not fair that money decides how good you are at evading

I'm a pretty poor criminal, and typically if a zeta/triad in a comet starts chasing us, we just gun them down. You can have the fastest car in the world chasing you but if you slaughter the driver that shits useless. So tbh, I don't really find it unfair. As long as admins dont remove guns from the server, these rich boys can keep their fast cars.

I would recommend that PD begins shooting people who dont comply to demands. 

Edited by garou18

8 hours ago, NM369 said:

Wouldn't be fair to regular players that don't have millions to spend.

Similar to real life not everyone has the nicest toys and biggest houses. The big difference between real life and Eclipse is if you can put in the hard work to grind the money you can eventually obtain what you want.  

Edited by Phantas
grammer
  • Like 1

Okay everyone, this is not a place for debate and lets not change the subject or deviate to other concerns or issues, that, while may be relivant isn't exactly what the suggestion is about.

The suggestion to fix an undesirable and abusable item is a legitimate claim. Everyone should have an equal experience OOCly and should not be able to abuse it ICly.

+1

If a vehicle has the ability to travel 250, it should achievable on any level or platform or any player. In addition, restrictions to speeds of vehicles should be the same way.

• Like 1

Overall I'm mixed on this, Spike strips can only be so useful if you place down atleast five in one spot, but it's a sure fire way to damage a vehicle along with blue blockades. 

on the other hand, I hate having to depend our high speed units and alpha to those with the highest frame rate, as your average run of the mill officer with bad FPS will be absolutely useless behind the wheels of our more specialized units. 

Sort of the same groove with the criminal use, It's frames and skills that wins the fight, but why cap the max speed at something most smhucks can get along with? 

• Like 1

+1. It's essentially an exploit to go 300+ if I'm being honest. Players are fully aware that putting your game on the lowest settings and having a beastly computer means you can go much faster in certain cars.

As for the argument present throughout this thread about "limiting" PD/SD's speeds.. I disagree strongly. The issue isn't PD/SD's speeds, it's the speed of CIVILIAN vehicles which AREN'T boosted, getting boosted by abusing mechanics of Rage MP.

It's not about fairness or realism, it's about the rules of the server.

5. Hacking and Exploits

• Players must not have mods, trainers, or any kind of software installed that gives any advantage.

• Server bugs may not be used for advantage and must be reported on ECLIPSE Roleplay forums.

• Server scripts should not be exploited in any way to your advantage, e.g. circumventing AFK timer.

41 minutes ago, shimo said:

+1. It's essentially an exploit to go 300+ if I'm being honest. Players are fully aware that putting your game on the lowest settings and having a beastly computer means you can go much faster in certain cars.

As for the argument present throughout this thread about "limiting" PD/SD's speeds.. I disagree strongly. The issue isn't PD/SD's speeds, it's the speed of CIVILIAN vehicles which AREN'T boosted, getting boosted by abusing mechanics of Rage MP.

I play on max graphics at 2k resolution and still go fast, would you class it as bug abuse that I own a good computer? 

Barely anyone I know of that drives fast, lowers their graphics to achieve the speed. Gta5 is a 7 year old game, most computers within the last 5+ years are capable of running it at adequate fps. 

Poeple seem to forget that the issue certain cars face does not only increase top speed, but handling, acceleration and braking. I don't see any feasible way to resolve this issue as its a gta game mechanic. 

It'd essentially the same issue as others using X gun due to it performing better with desync etc, hence why shotguns are rarely used. 

Final note: the crown vic is also effected by this issue, give me a pd spawned crown vic and I'll take it 240+

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, shimo said:

Cop with a trash tier pc spotted

How is it okay that a vic goes faster then a spectre, sultan rs, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LongFist said:

Cop with a trash tier pc spotted

How is it okay that a vic goes faster then a spectre, sultan rs, etc.

I won't have my computer insulted upon by a bosnian piece of filth. 

The crown vics are only handed at straight road, If you know. Started to make turns, Then half of them would have to slow down immensely or risk eating it. 

Just now, Actualbears said:

I won't have my computer insulted upon by a bosnian piece of filth. 

The crown vics are only handed at straight road, If you know. Started to make turns, Then half of them would have to slow down immensely or risk eating it. 

turn down the racisme bud and I am Dutch btw.