kennyGribbins

Nerf Cops

10 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Yeah but you can do /whatever/ you want with your heavy, with your car, with your everything. That's the point that escapes you, cops have very strict regulations that they have to follow, and there's an army of people waiting with invisible gopros ready to report whenever they think anything is abused.

Cops get stuff for free, to enforce the law. If a cop wanted to use his carbine to rob people, that wouldn't be possible. If you want to use your AK to make 50k just chain robbing, that's possible.

people don't rob everyone like vice did 🙂  If you think that's what criminals do it isn't that's what vice just did 😄 

8 hours ago, Copperhorse said:

The fact that police are driving hakuchou drags and driving comet retro customs is what really gets me. It makes literally 0 RP sense. If you are having trouble pursuing somebody take out the police helicopter. Don't resort to driving personal vehicles. When's the last time you've seen a police officer in real life drive a bike that looks like a hakuchou drag? Or drive a supercar like a Comet Retro Custom? Especially one that isn't even owned by the department, but taken from their own personal garage.

Nah, PD is completely fine, and RP their "undercover" sports cars just fine....and within logical and sensible reactions to crimes. Like U-turns.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

Nah, PD is completely fine, and RP their "undercover" sports cars just fine....and within logical and sensible reactions to crimes. Like U-turns.

More and more pd tend to lighten charges way more if the rp is good. Ofcourse there's is always people who wants to punish others. 

Edited by Balastas

17 minutes ago, Bl0wUrFace said:

the organized criminal should start mass abducting cop  until they have to pay for their gun! taking your personal car should have consequence to! like being allowed to throw their car in the ocean

Your suggestion makes zero sense. You're saying that the consequence for high ranking LEOs using personal vehicles should be criminals dumping their vehicles in the ocean so it isn't recoverable unless an administrator helps them.

5 hours ago, kennyGribbins said:

usually cops don't care people speed by cops going 200 and do nothing about it or 100 plus 

Some avoid going after vehicles that speed past them going 200 because it's just a waste of time - they won't pull over and their speed is nothing to match our cruisers.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Serthon said:

Your suggestion makes zero sense. You're saying that the consequence for high ranking LEOs using personal vehicles should be criminals dumping their vehicles in the ocean so it isn't recoverable unless an administrator helps them.

Some avoid going after vehicles that speed past them going 200 because it's just a waste of time - they won't pull over and their speed is nothing to match our cruisers.

and when you go through red lights cops don't care 90% of the time 

9 hours ago, Jasmine said:

This is kind of off-topic Jasmine, but yeah, that's really frustrating, I remember being in DCC and just being pulled over for the smallest of things, getting tickets, inevitably getting a warning from DCC for getting tickets. It's hard to stay a civ here in Eclipse, and it's really easy to fall into the temptation of being a crim because of stuff like this. You can get fired for this kind of stuff. I understand why crims feel like they don't have a choice. Truth is, PD pull over civillians cause they're easier to pull over than your average criminal with a stupidly fast bike.

buuuut, going back on topic, I think that cops aren't as overpowered as people would think. If you're a crim with a Comet Retro, or god forbid a Hakuchou drag, and you speed past the average officer in a cruiser, odds are you will escape. 8 times out of 10. Cruisers just aren't that fast. Yes, cops can get their intercepting sports-cars or whatever, but if they're not initiating the pursuit with them, you will escape, unless you fuck up. Plus, most cops don't have access to them. I realize that it's not that realistic for cops to have sports cars to intercept suspects, but IRL, not every relatively small-time gang member has a sports car/bike. In this server, a lot do, and cops have to adapt to that, or else, crims would escape ALL the time, as opposed to your 8 times out of 10. I mean, wouldn't it be highly unrealistic for cops to always lose suspects?

Now, regarding carbines and cops having heavy weapons and such, I feel like people have put forth a strong enough point already. It's just how it works IRL, and we can't just use them willy-nilly. The point of being a (smart) criminal is to avoid such confrontations with cops and compete with rival gangs, right? I realize it's difficult to avoid confrontations with cops, but hey, that's how it works IRL too if you go around shooting people in relatively public areas.

Edited by SaltyPython
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Serthon said:

yeah as long as there is admin involve i guess its a no go! if we cant use water then let us use fire! i tried many time to burn people alive but the fire is client side 😞 same for the car,they blow up but only client side, and dont forget that police IRL have good salary yes have mansion yes sport car yes but they only have 1 gun! you lose your gun you lose your job! 

26 minutes ago, Bl0wUrFace said:

yeah as long as there is admin involve i guess its a no go! if we cant use water then let us use fire! i tried many time to burn people alive but the fire is client side 😞 same for the car,they blow up but only client side, and dont forget that police IRL have good salary yes have mansion yes sport car yes but they only have 1 gun! you lose your gun you lose your job! 

How many people attack cops in the server compared to real life? In 2013 Los Angeles reported less than 300 murders, for the whole year. I bet we beat that number daily in our server. If you want realism, we should implement the national guard, which surely would've been called by now.

• Upvote 1

police irl truly dont give a fuck about  their cruiser as long as they can justify the damage (pretty easy) do you really think real cop would take their personal car and their personal insurance to tackle other car? and for any realism the city need a mayor to regulate both side,until then its just mental masturbation about who did what when

18 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

How many people attack cops in the server compared to real life? In 2013 Los Angeles reported less than 300 murders, for the whole year. I bet we beat that number daily in our server. If you want realism, we should implement the national guard, which surely would've been called by now.

To be honest, during gang wars I would actually like to see that be a thing - martial law etc could make for some very interesting RP. 

On 8/6/2019 at 8:40 PM, Copperhorse said:

The fact that police are driving hakuchou drags and driving comet retro customs is what really gets me. It makes literally 0 RP sense. If you are having trouble pursuing somebody take out the police helicopter. Don't resort to driving personal vehicles. When's the last time you've seen a police officer in real life drive a bike that looks like a hakuchou drag? Or drive a supercar like a Comet Retro Custom? Especially one that isn't even owned by the department, but taken from their own personal garage.

Dubai,

There is Lambo, Teslas etc

It will always be the game of adapting to one another.

A new weapon is created, someone else creates a defense against it.

A new tactic or tool is used, the other side creates training or defenses against it or requisitions equipment to face it.

Due to OOC issues like desync and crashing, helicopters are not always the most reliable option. When players stop driving street bikes like drags offloading...

It also all depends on the officer you talk to.

18 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

The united states isn't a first world country? Because we have a crazy amount of crime here, and more often then not you don't get caught. Citys like Chicago are just as dangerous as las Santos. 

And as a civ you can get away with a lot of shit, just play it smart. We're talking specifically about criminals confronting the police and thinking they can win 9/10, that is unrealistic.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:32 PM, kennyGribbins said:

Cops have everything Carbines body armour super cars fast cruisers. Criminals literally have nothing and its so hard to make money as one. I spent 4 hours at a lab before and made 20k while a PO1 can make more than me it doesn't make any sense.  Cops can take everything and not lose anything.

I know, it's great isn't it

PO1 gets $4,250 an hour so not quite.

Edited by GOAT

On 8/6/2019 at 3:47 PM, Bl0wUrFace said:

did you know police radio is actually teamspeak? and even if you remove their radio in game they keep talking  ( i never went on police teamspeak but its possible they have a addon linked to the ingame radio that mute them when no radio is found by the addon)

Haha.

"Never actually been on the police teamspeak but here's the facts about it" is basically what you just said. Congratz.

There's still back and forth banter here about who should have what, but ultimately the cops are meant to have whatever it takes to win. They are the law, they are government, they are responsible for keeping the city safe, so they ultimately have to have the equipment necessary to out-do any situation, and ultimately as a result are paid a lot more to do so since they risk their lives to do it.

Some of you want to talk about cops losing their guns or jobs when they are shot/killed or robbed because that's what happens IRL, but if you want to call a spade a spade then your in prison for life for murder, or even attempted murder, but that isn't going to happen here (which is fine btw), so let it be.

With regards to money - If PD makes way more money than being a crim then why is there more concern in this server for crims getting away with robberies when there would technically be more PD's than crims? And why would it be easier to be a crim than a civ? My point being more people would be PD than being crims. But that isn't the case because not everyone is cut out enough to be PD ooc. You need minimum hours on duty not to mention the knowledge/commitment of RP that's expected and many don't want to commit to either, hence its easier to be a crim.

Finally - This is a game folks. And not a game to make money either. This server is for RP. I've been here for just under a year now and I've been a clean civ doing money transporter work until recently, and that made just enough money to buy an apartment and to own a Cognoscenti 55 and Dominator that I upgrade on every now and then. Money to me in this game is just about buying the things you need to move about the game (cars), have a place to store things (house), and buy my character the things it needs to live (food, water, etc), that's it. My purpose of being here is to engage with real people and RP, generally hoping for more than a 2 minute RP that just consists of (hands up, hands up, hands up! Get on your knees, get on your knees! Frisk search - accept, take everything and run/drive away). Maybe the suggestion and focus here shouldn't be about money or equipment, but rather the quality of RP that should be expected by all in robberies so it isn't so plain, boring and extremely quick.

The only "worth wild" thing people should be looking for here is the RP, end of story.

Edited by CycloneDavid
  • Like 1

Bringing this back up because non-police vehicles being used for police work should seriously fall under fail RP. I don't care how much anyone makes. Hakuchou drags are NOT police vehicles. Like mentioned before, a helicopter should be called in for such things...

if crims can't use govt vehicles to commit crimes, personal vehicles shoulnd't be used to enforce the law

Edited by Jester
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jester said:

Bringing this back up because non-police vehicles being used for police work should seriously fall under fail RP. I don't care how much anyone makes. Hakuchou drags are NOT police vehicles. Like mentioned before, a helicopter should be called in for such things...

if crims can't use govt vehicles to commit crimes, personal vehicles shoulnd't be used to enforce the law

Comet Retros aren't gang cars, but don't see us doing giving mouth to mouth on old topics.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.