kennyGribbins

Nerf Cops

35 minutes ago, Copperhorse said:

The fact that police are driving hakuchou drags and driving comet retro customs is what really gets me. It makes literally 0 RP sense. If you are having trouble pursuing somebody take out the police helicopter. Don't resort to driving personal vehicles. When's the last time you've seen a police officer in real life drive a bike that looks like a hakuchou drag? Or drive a supercar like a Comet Retro Custom? Especially one that isn't even owned by the department, but taken from their own personal garage.

This really has to stop, it's complete bullshit

40 minutes ago, Copperhorse said:

The fact that police are driving hakuchou drags and driving comet retro customs is what really gets me. It makes literally 0 RP sense. If you are having trouble pursuing somebody take out the police helicopter. Don't resort to driving personal vehicles. When's the last time you've seen a police officer in real life drive a bike that looks like a hakuchou drag? Or drive a supercar like a Comet Retro Custom? Especially one that isn't even owned by the department, but taken from their own personal garage.

People running away with super cars and we can't charge them without indentifying? While IRL they get your plate number and if you escape good luck with police at your house and then explaining who was driving your car. Also we get heavies and armors and HSU due to being shot all the time and people evading. That is IC problem in the first place the more dangerous job more we get geared up just like in IRL. We get shot almost at every single call makes sense to get armor + heavies doesn't it?

PD got nerfed super by removing interceptor for normal police officers now there's only one or two patrolling around the town. IRL police always wins... unless somehow they actually escape which is like what 5% of all cases? Criminals never win IRL. 
And there's not really that much of a use of high speed units to be honest, they are rarely seeable. (not talking aboud SD since i don't know what's the case in there)

And also if you look at gang members they are all set, I dont see them being poor? And to be honest police officer doesn't even make that much. for 15 irl hours we get like 90k which doesn't include our ooc time, dealing with bad rp all the time and so on. The problem is that criminals don't try to roleplay smart they start robing store, then goes on store robbing spree which will definately get them caught and so on. Play smart play safe and everyone will be more happy. 

Edited by Balastas
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Copperhorse said:

That has nothing to do with us players. That was a decision made by the higher ups in PD who can reverse that at any time they want.

Rightfully so, as it’s powergaming at the moment to do so since there is no appeal system and the moment an officer placed charges they’re irrevocable in essence unless removed by PDHC. 

2 minutes ago, gohena said:

being over powered yes, driving in super cars and having mansions making a shit ton of money no, that should be the criminal.

You forget one point. Officers who drive super cars and have mansions spends hours and hours daily online. The problem with increasing criminal reward is that 70% of the servers are playing as criminals and other 30 percent actually plays neutral or good civs/govs. So there should be 70% of people who has mansions and so on? The problem is in the server. the more crime there is the less of the cut everyone gets and that's how it is. 

And as far as i am aware there's more criminals owning supers and mansions than pd.

• Like 1

Cops have everything Carbines body armour super cars fast cruisers.

Yes, government funded security agencies tasked with enforcing federal law tend to have advanced weaponry and equipment. 

Criminals literally have nothing and its so hard to make money as one

Criminal RP is a form of RP like everybody else. Stop making your time on the server revolve around money and instead create a character story or arc. That is the purpose of RP, if you're just playing for the virtual money then I don't see what the point is.

When I played a criminal over a year ago we didn't even have chop shops or drug labs. Drugs had to be sold to other players, criminals were poor, as they should mostly be and the only rich criminals were gang leaders. Instead we created stories and arcs with other factions, we didn't all hang out in one place talking and spend all day trying to make money. If you're only interested in making money then you shouldn't really be doing criminal RP to be honest. Criminal RP is some of the most story driven RP possible, because it solely requires you to interact with other players, so your objective should be to create stories and arcs and interact with other gangs, not stand at a drug lab for four hours trying to make money. 

PO1 can make more than me it doesn't make any sense.

A po1 in four hours would earn $19,000, presuming they're in the 35% tax bracket that would be reduced to $12,350. So, not even close. Secondly, it does make sense, because people with stable jobs IRL earn a steadier and more reliable income than your average criminal. What doesn't make realistic sense is every criminal having a reliable, relatively safe way of making a lot of money. Most criminals make very little money IRL and it is only the heads of large organise crime syndicates that become rich.

Your focus should be on creating a memorable RP experience for yourself and your character, not money or "winning". 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Copperhorse said:

There's nothing wrong with longstanding members of PD owning mansions and supercars. They just shouldn't be allowed to use personal supercar vehicles while on duty. It just isn't RP.

PD hoesn't have HSU cars so they use their own cars...  Everywhere police in has super cars that is deployed if needed in IRL. How is that non rp? 
Don't forget that IRL you have cameras everywhere, you can do traffic jams and so on. pursuits doesnt go 200km/h + in the cities like here... If you take like that it's non rp for everyone have a super car. If everyone has very fasts cars police deploys fast cars, where is the problem in that? I just don't get criminals thinking, we are here to rp and have fun that's it is the problem that people dont care about rp.

Also racking money?
I created this char only to play for PD and i have "18.12:59:54" in game. Yet I have only one 1g house with cars worth about 800k and around 600k in my bank. in  18 days and 13 hours I made about 1.5 mil. How is that racking money? + PD is not some kind of job where you just chill you have actively obey the rules and put time to learn police handbook and so on which actually takes time in itself. And then again it's not like a gang where people don't really even care if you are breaking rules, but in PD you get punished for breaking rules in the first place and no one lets that go trough. I even got a warning and didn't got promoted for 2 weeks for reckless operation of road vehicle.

Edited by Balastas

Just now, Bl0wUrFace said:

did you know police radio is actually teamspeak? and even if you remove their radio in game they keep talking  ( i never went on police teamspeak but its possible they have a addon linked to the ingame radio that mute them when no radio is found by the addon)

To make you aware, using ts while not having a radio is Metagaming and I have never seen officer doing that honestly.

1 minute ago, Bl0wUrFace said:

did you know police radio is actually teamspeak? and even if you remove their radio in game they keep talking  ( i never went on police teamspeak but its possible they have a addon linked to the ingame radio that mute them when no radio is found by the addon)

This is not true. If their radio is taken, they are not allowed to talk in TS. If they do, they metagame.

9 minutes ago, Yputi said:

20K in 4 hours isn't bad though xD Legal work means taxes.... I wonder what you think what a PO1 earns, but I guess thats something IC actually.

Working as a farmer, i did at maximum of 5h, around 50K?, imagine working 1 all day, i can do around 150K per day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copperhorse said:

This is probably my biggest issue with PD. The only good chase I've had ended in me getting arrested, but it was fun because there were like 6 cruisers chasing us (maybe overkill but whatever). Other times involving their personal vehicles it's never been fun because they just outrun you.

It's also a sort of uniform. Being undercover is one thing, but being just a regular officer patrolling in his fancy sports car is ridiculous. The cruisers at least let criminals know they're about to deal with police, but seeing a random comet roll up should never make me think "is that a cop?"

8 minutes ago, godebernaz said:

Working as a farmer, i did at maximum of 5h, around 50K?, imagine working 1 all day, i can do around 150K per day.

Haha nice 😄 Haven't done any other jobs in ages honestly. Back to the topic though; I think something goes wrong IC if you do not earn that much as a PO1. Also, dont expect criminal life to be easy. Its not all about money anyway. Its RP. I honestly don't care if I get arrested if the RP is great. Even PD would really appreciate good RP, not to mention it motivates. No matter if you are a criminal.

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, gohena said:

being over powered yes, driving in super cars and having mansions making a shit ton of money no, that should be the criminal.

What does that have to do with this situation? How does my assets affect my position within PD?

1 hour ago, Balastas said:

You forget one point. Officers who drive super cars and have mansions spends hours and hours daily online. The problem with increasing criminal reward is that 70% of the servers are playing as criminals and other 30 percent actually plays neutral or good civs/govs. So there should be 70% of people who has mansions and so on? The problem is in the server. the more crime there is the less of the cut everyone gets and that's how it is. 

And as far as i am aware there's more criminals owning supers and mansions than pd.

bro i use to be pd there where times where i have seen 45+ online in /fmembers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.