TheCanadian

PD and their abuse of barricades

+1

Though I have to say, driving 200 in those barricades IRL will get you killed. Or the Comet Retro with 240 (which I am pretty certain of that he is using the speed glitch since mine doesn't go that fast, but that's a different topic).

They are also mostly used to make sure no busses with new players mass VDM scenes like that as people claim terrible loading times and not seeing our cruisers, but I think this is not the first topic about the barriers. Barrier (the normal one) should be used instead barrier2 imo.

Edited by Yputi

+1 keeps ruining the rp, Also had a recent situation where we had a hostage in the back of a 6x6 but got stopped by 3 pieces of wood also known as a barricade.

I suggest that the barricades don't get removed but changed so they break or can get pushed away by moving vehicles

Edited by Tomvd682

+1

I was both involved in the first and in the second video. I think that the barricades indeed get missused. It’s poor RP to block the highway off before giving any warnings, also other players drive on the highway and might crash into them. I was driving about 260km/h in the 811 and IRL I would be 99,99% sure dead. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

Am I allowed to use the It's a Game excuse for this? 😂

I was involved in the second video and the reason why both tunnels weren't blocked off is partly because we wanted to give those in the tunnel the chance to yeet. It is even the side of the tunnel where you just drive straight out that we left open IIRC.

It's probably not acceptable that these barriers stop cars dead in their tracks but then it's also not acceptable that people can sprint off immediately after being stun-gunned or sprint at full speed with their hands cuffed behind their backs but bippidy boppidy.

Spriting with your hands behind your back is completely possible, so is running after like 30 seconds after youve been hit with electricity from a taser. What is not possible is a few planks of wood stopping a car going 180 km/h in its tracks.

-1 on a high way like this police would make a traffic jam and suspect wouldn't have anywere to go. since there is no NPC we have no ways to make a traffic jam and while everyone has high speed cars it's just makes impossible even to chase someone, count the fact in that all chases goes to the max top speed since there's no npc to get in your way.

Edited by Scott Cleverley

7 minutes ago, Scott Cleverley said:

-1 on a high way like this police would make a traffic jam and suspect wouldn't have anywere to go. since there is no NPC we have no ways to make a traffic jam and while everyone has high speed cars it's just makes impossible even to chase someone, count the fact in that all chases goes to the max top speed since there's no npc to get in your way.

It would be more reasonable if the barricades didn't load in 2 seconds before you crash into them and didn't make you instantly stop.

Just now, Tomvd682 said:

It would be more reasonable if the barricades didn't load in 2 seconds before you crash into them and didn't make you instantly stop.

I understand, I'm not saying it's looking good rp wise, but as I said there's no other way to stop people since you can't block the roads while they're empty unless pd would start shooting at tyres at all times on high way, but then again people would cry about that. People don't understand that irl Law enforcement is always the strongest, but here people wants to contest criminals vs PD.

1 minute ago, Scott Cleverley said:

I understand, I'm not saying it's looking good rp wise, but as I said there's no other way to stop people since you can't block the roads while they're empty unless pd would start shooting at tyres at all times on high way, but then again people would cry about that. People don't understand that irl Law enforcement is always the strongest, but here people wants to contest criminals vs PD.

youre saying making a barricade of police cruisers wouldnt be more logical than indestructible barricades?

Just now, KariOne said:

youre saying making a barricade of police cruisers wouldnt be more logical than indestructible barricades?

You get that there's not as nearly PD officers as irl you would have? There's like 5 cops chasing one suspect at most times so how you think you can put 4 cops to block the highway? also when people drive 200km/h + you can't plan nothing ahead. As I said if we would have npc chases wouldn't go 200km/h + all the time and police could try to make traffic jams and what not. 

People are crying here about the chases when everyone drives high speed cars, can drive max their speed and police cruisers can't even catch up with it. + Police have strict chase protocol. Criminals don't escape the most of the time cuz they really drive badly and with no caution so you just need to wait them to crash...

2 minutes ago, Scott Cleverley said:

You get that there's not as nearly PD officers as irl you would have? There's like 5 cops chasing one suspect at most times so how you think you can put 4 cops to block the highway? also when people drive 200km/h + you can't plan nothing ahead. As I said if we would have npc chases wouldn't go 200km/h + all the time and police could try to make traffic jams and what not. 

People are crying here about the chases when everyone drives high speed cars, can drive max their speed and police cruisers can't even catch up with it. + Police have strict chase protocol. Criminals don't escape the most of the time cuz they really drive badly and with no caution so you just need to wait them to crash...

if you couldnt plan anything ahead this thread wouldnt exist. It definitely is possible to set up a barricade for the current big police chase. I've seen over 10 cruisers after 1 individual. Just yesterday I saw about 7 cruisers and 2 police supers going after 1 person. A barricade of cars could definitely be made

34 minutes ago, Scott Cleverley said:

This is a RAGE server, you should not keep invincible barricades the way there are because of the launcher this server is on. it is not a valid argument. Often times you see 5+ cruisers chase a suspect from behind rather than set up a strategy and interception/roadblock with proper communication. If these barricades would act like the prop (aka realistically) PD would then need to be more strategic and set up roadblocks with their cruisers rather than abusing barricades.

6 minutes ago, Scott Cleverley said:

As I said if we would have npc chases wouldn't go 200km/h + all the time and police could try to make traffic jams and what not. 

People are crying here about the chases when everyone drives high speed cars, can drive max their speed and police cruisers can't even catch up with it

You are basically repeating yourself and complaining that the server is on RAGE, which is known for its lack of NPCs. Can you elaborate why you think this is a valid point against making the placeable barricades destructible  similar to the prop in gta v?

24 minutes ago, Scott Cleverley said:

irl Law enforcement is always the strongest, but here people wants to contest criminals vs PD.

The fact that IRL PD is stronger shouldn't be an argument you use against the suggestion made on this thread. You are saying that IRL PD is strong so the server should keep unrealistic barricades that get abused very frequently because they are invincible? Please tell me how this makes any sense. 

I can't believe the irony of this. Surely this must be a troll suggestion, right? You are here to suggest the PD remove those barriers because they are NON-RP, as in real life you could smash through them. Fair enough, IRL you could. And to prove a point, you give us a video of you driving a million dollar+ supercar to conduct your criminal business in. I applaud your sense of humor. How can you come here and make suggestion after suggestion to regulate the PD and make it more realistic, while you and your whole gang drive multi-million dollar supercars as your daily drivers? How broken of a reality do you live in where the current PD is considered NON-RP, and your gang of murderers in supercars is realistic? Before you come here and complain about anything to do with PD and realism, lose the supercars and roleplay a realistic criminal, not one that daily drives million dollar supercars with no regards to value. You can't have one side regulated and modeled after real life and then go out with your buddies to recreate a 5-year-olds lucid dreams. 

Edited by flow
  • Like 1
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheCanadian said:

The fact that IRL PD is stronger shouldn't be an argument you use against the suggestion made on this thread. You are saying that IRL PD is strong so the server should keep unrealistic barricades that get abused very frequently because they are invincible? Please tell me how this makes any sense. 

How is it not an argument? It makes perfect sense in the fact that the LSPD is missing other features that makes real-life enforcement easier/stronger such as (working) spike strips, the ability to cause traffic breaks, cameras that actually record stuff, etc.

The fact that certain things are missing from the game, and the LSPD is given other advantages in the context of the game is completely logical, unless you are arguing in bad faith and wish to say that LSPD shouldn't have anything that isn't realistic but at the same time criminals can shoot cops and get out of jail within 2 hours. Is that realistic?

Edited by alexalex303

This doesn't need to become a large scale cops vs criminals OOC stand off with everyone having to justify what they do compared to each other. To use the word abusing so often in here isn't something that's needed either. As that could very easily go both ways with actions from non-pd players.  It's already been acknowledged that the barricades being unbreakable, realistically wouldn't be used that way. Regardless of how I feel about criminal RP at times, I still agree with the main post here.

We have barriers that can be placed which can also be destroyed, while at the same time slowing the vehicles down but not putting them out of the chase. That is the best solution.  Just bare in mind that ramming through these barricades or lines of cops cars that have been setup as blockades, at speeds of 200 kph is also pretty much 'abusing' the fact that GTA cars don't total or damage like real life cars would.

Just remember if we acknowledge points & make changes to improve the realistic RP, that does have to work both ways. If we make the effort, others have to make the effort. Otherwise this ridiculous ooc feud never ends.

Edited by MReefer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, KariOne said:

Spriting with your hands behind your back is completely possible, so is running after like 30 seconds after youve been hit with electricity from a taser. What is not possible is a few planks of wood stopping a car going 180 km/h in its tracks.

10 seconds after being tazed and you need your arms when running to have any kind of speed.

2 hours ago, flow said:

I can't believe the irony of this. Surely this must be a troll suggestion, right? You are here to suggest the PD remove those barriers because they are NON-RP, as in real life you could smash through them. Fair enough, IRL you could. And to prove a point, you give us a video of you driving a million dollar+ supercar to conduct your criminal business in. I applaud your sense of humor. How can you come here and make suggestion after suggestion to regulate the PD and make it more realistic, while you and your whole gang drive multi-million dollar supercars as your daily drivers? How broken of a reality do you live in where the current PD is considered NON-RP, and your gang of murderers in supercars is realistic? Before you come here and complain about anything to do with PD and realism, lose the supercars and roleplay a realistic criminal, not one that daily drives million dollar supercars with no regards to value. You can't have one side regulated and modeled after real life and then go out with your buddies to recreate a 5-year-olds lucid dreams. 

Hey man, are you good? You seem to voice your opinion in an extremely condescending manner, and I wanted to give my 2c. I think this was more of a suggestion to help adjust policies in which allow you to use these barriers in extremely unrealistic manner, which these videos showcase.

"you and your whole gang drive multi-million dollar super cars as your daily drivers" 

There are what, a handful of super cars? To claim an entire gang drives one is beyond ignorant, but you can continue to wear that. I am one of those people that own a super car as a criminal, and I can tell you I drive my drag more than my super. Most of the guys in our gang that drive a super as a daily driver, pretty much only work on their businesses. Yes at times we are involved with criminal activity with our cars, because that is what we're in at the time, but to think we drive these fairly unique super cars every time we leave our house, when they are so easily identifiable is simply your opinion, and not the actual reality occurring. 

2 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

How is it not an argument? It makes perfect sense in the fact that the LSPD is missing other features that makes real-life enforcement easier/stronger such as (working) spike strips, the ability to cause traffic breaks, cameras that actually record stuff, etc.

The fact that certain things are missing from the game, and the LSPD is given other advantages in the context of the game is completely logical, unless you are arguing in bad faith and wish to say that LSPD shouldn't have anything that isn't realistic but at the same time criminals can shoot cops and get out of jail within 2 hours. Is that realistic?

So you're really saying that because PD is stronger IRL; that it's okay to take advantage of game mechanics as such? I doubt the barriers were implemented with the idea of brick walling vehicles. 

2 hours ago, MReefer said:

This doesn't need to become a large scale cops vs criminals OOC stand off with everyone having to justify what they do compared to each other. To use the word abusing so often in here isn't something that's needed either. As that could very easily go both ways with actions from non-pd players.  It's already been acknowledged that the barricades being unbreakable, realistically wouldn't be used that way. Regardless of how I feel about criminal RP at times, I still agree with the main post here.

We have barriers that can be placed which can also be destroyed, while at the same time slowing the vehicles down but not putting them out of the chase. That is the best solution.  Just bare in mind that ramming through these barricades or lines of cops cars that have been setup as blockades, at speeds of 200 kph is also pretty much 'abusing' the fact that GTA cars don't total or damage like real life cars would.

Just remember if we acknowledge points & make changes to improve the realistic RP, that does have to work both ways. If we make the effort, others have to make the effort. Otherwise this ridiculous ooc feud never ends.

Thanks for actually seeing this objectively.

• PogU 1

15 hours ago, MrSilky said:

I’m not sure what all the +1s are for but I agree that it is not good RP to use them as they are immovable objects.

Suggestion - Make all blockades destroyable but make /blockade barrier2 (the orange and white one) have a higher durability than the blue /blockade barrier.

Have to agree with Silky here. 

They should all be in place but just not indestructible or used in the way provided in the videos.
Spike strips on the other hand should be used a lot more in my opinion. I haven't seen spike strips used in a while and when I have seen them used its been criminals using them to help friends in escapes, its a great and fair tool for PD to use and the likely hood off someone escaping after being spiked is low.

+1 on disallowing barriers to be used in this manor.

• Like 1

I just want to add my POV on the discussion about roadblocks. Last time i tried to make a moving roadblock the suspect collided with me and made a report for nonrp cause i tried stopping him (cutting him off) in such high speeds. ( i apprechiate the fact that he made one becuause ge thought a rule was broken).

Im just saying, you cant please everyone!

Edited by nixu211

7 hours ago, Scott Cleverley said:

+1 for removing the barricades from this kind of situations

And also @Scott Cleverley it is possible to block the road with cruisers, just needs a lot of communication, an example of it https://plays.tv/video/5bfaaa97a5636ae39b/road-block-ftw

Edited by ViktorR
  • PogU 1

44 minutes ago, nixu211 said:

I just want to add my POV on the discussion about roadblocks. Last time i tried to make a moving roadblock the suspect collided with me and made a report for nonrp cause i tried stopping him (cutting him off) in such high speeds. ( i apprechiate the fact that he made one becuause ge thought a rule was broken).

Im just saying, you cant please everyone!

Were you in the car? Was your car moving? In an actual scenario, cruiser roadblocks don't typically involve someone still inside their cruiser. If you block off a road, and get out of your car. Your cruiser turns from a vehicle, to a stopping tool.

It's more about how the blockade is performed, not the blockade itself.

Edited by Brawnkoh
Additional comment

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.