TheCanadian

PD and their abuse of barricades

I believe that PD abuse the fact that barricades you deploy are an unmovable object no matter how fast you hit them or with what vehicle you drive they will never break and their render distance is extremely low at high speed, it gives the one being chased 0 time to react and injures them instantly or stalls their vehicle. This suggestion is to propose a change is made either in the server rules or internally in PD so that PD may no longer use barricades for this purpose. It is extremely poor RP and i would argue borderline powergaming considering no matter the vehicle you drive they are unbreakable. Spike strips were implemented for this purpose but i have never seen them used after the first week or two that they were introduced. PD use and abuse these barricades because once you hit them you are instantly injured. It makes it easier for them than trying to set up spike strips and then pitting the suspect once his tires have popped. Its less work and RP for PD. But it ruins the experience for the criminal that PD abuse these barricades instead of setting up more realistic traps/road blocks using multiple cruisers (or larger vehicles) or spike strips.

This should not be allowed or accepted as a proper form of proper RP. This is why spike strips were added, but they are rarely if ever used currently. This suggestion is to hopefully change this.

Examples:

First and last video are of a similar situation. PD going ahead to the tunnel and setting up barricades to abuse the fact they cannot be destroyed like the normal prop in GTA V.

2nd video displays many things wrong. But to focus on the barricades, they set them up in the tunnel knowing that they were in the tunnels with their vehicles, you can hear one officer call "blockades, they're not gonna pass it, they're not gonna pass it definitely". Abusing once again the fact they cannot be destroyed. Realistically the contender and 6x6 would have plowed through the barricades destroying them and kept going. but the contender saw them in time and went over, while the 6x6 hit them and was stalled by this. There was no reason to set up barricades there other than the sole purpose to block the vehicles, it was not to keep civilians out as no civilian would jump on the train track and run down the tunnel to see whats going on, crowd control would be done where people board and on the surface to stop more people from entering the tunnel to the subway.

please tell me your thoughts

Edited by TheCanadian
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 11

Spikes strips are currently not functional / too functional.

Either you will use them and they will not work, they will just be a ramp and send the vehicle flying or you will use them, they will work but then they will stay there until server restart (popping every tire that goes over it). (unable to be picked up)

I believe that's the main reason they're underused right now.

Edited by alexalex303

3 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

You don't have to use spike strips, there is many other ways to stop a vehicle. Just the abuse of barricades is really bad RP.. especially when PD knows what they're doing.. 😕

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Either you will use them and they will not work, they will just be a ramp and send the vehicle flying or you will use them, they will work but then they will stay there until server restart (popping every tire that goes over it). (unable to be picked up)

I believe that's the main reason they're underused right now.

i am aware of their sync issue, but i was told it doesnt happen if you deploy them while the suspect is close (and not across the map) i might have been misinformed.

Either way i believe there are alternatives than abusing and promoting poor RP with the barricades. Instead of having 5-10 cruisers hopelessly chase a vehicle from behind on the highway, you can assign a few to split off the chase and set up a road block, this would also be better as the one being chased would see the vehicles far in advance as they do not have the abused render distance issue barricades have. Sync issues are not an excuse to actively take part in extremely poor RP.

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Like 1

+1 we should be able to use them to slow vehicles down, not destroy them. Yeah, you need plenty of time to RP and actually position them but I'd prefer something fast and less OP

PD member by the way. Never hit a blockade in my entire life but I know how it feels.

Edited by TheCactus
Details

8 minutes ago, TheCactus said:

we should be able to use them to slow vehicles down

I personally think that wooden barricades like these should only be used during scene management to block civilians from wondering into a crime scene or used during TED operations to direct traffic, but when they are used to completely immobilize a vehicle and to slow them down it's poor RP and something you probably would never see IRL.

I’m not sure what all the +1s are for but I agree that it is not good RP to use them as they are immovable objects.

Suggestion - Make all blockades destroyable but make /blockade barrier2 (the orange and white one) have a higher durability than the blue /blockade barrier.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, MrSilky said:

I’m not sure what all the +1s are for but I agree that it is not good RP to use them as they are immovable objects.

Suggestion - Make all blockades destroyable but make /blockade barrier2 (the orange and white one) have a higher durability than the blue /blockade barrier.

im guessing the +1 are for my suggestion of making using barricades like this against the rules, But i prefer your suggestion of making them destroyable like the prop in gta v, i think it would be a better solution. but the durability would have to be looked into a lot, as at the end of the day regardless of the car; Car vs Barrier the car wins 99.99% of the time and adding an in-between value might make things even more complicated. both barriers should break as easily as they do in normal GTA V as a prop. i much prefer this suggestion than the change of rules. your suggestion would make it be more realistic and add more RP.

so, +1 do destroyable barriers rather than changing the rules.

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrSilky said:

What he said, once again from a PD member.

Am I allowed to use the It's a Game excuse for this? 😂

I was involved in the second video and the reason why both tunnels weren't blocked off is partly because we wanted to give those in the tunnel the chance to yeet. It is even the side of the tunnel where you just drive straight out that we left open IIRC.

It's probably not acceptable that these barriers stop cars dead in their tracks but then it's also not acceptable that people can sprint off immediately after being stun-gunned or sprint at full speed with their hands cuffed behind their backs but bippidy boppidy.

I actually agree with this. I would like it if barriers could be driven through. That said, while they can't I will speak to Osborn and we can look to ensure that they are only used for setting permiters for stationary scenes. I don't think this has been brought up in much detail so I can't put any blame on the faction members who placed them in the videos. I acknowedge the issue though.

Edited by MReefer
  • Like 3

In my opinion these barricades are good to use on a scene to prevent people ramming into it and killing everybody on the scene such as a medic, siv or a police officer. Those videos shows police officers that should be punished.. I mean they maybe should make a rule that blocking a road like that by someone is punishable as it would be poor rp

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.