TheCanadian

PD and their abuse of barricades

5 hours ago, MReefer said:

Just bare in mind that ramming through these barricades or lines of cops cars that have been setup as blockades, at speeds of 200 kph is also pretty much 'abusing' the fact that GTA cars don't total or damage like real life cars would.

I don't disagree with this at all.  I would probably make a case against ramming the barricades also if their render distance wasn't so low even if you drive the speed limit, you still can't react in time. You bring up very good points.

Edited by TheCanadian

5 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

How is it not an argument? It makes perfect sense in the fact that the LSPD is missing other features that makes real-life enforcement easier/stronger such as (working) spike strips, the ability to cause traffic breaks, cameras that actually record stuff, etc.

The fact that certain things are missing from the game, and the LSPD is given other advantages in the context of the game is completely logical, unless you are arguing in bad faith and wish to say that LSPD shouldn't have anything that isn't realistic but at the same time criminals can shoot cops and get out of jail within 2 hours. Is that realistic?

Please don't purposefully quote me out of context. During the whole reply I was quoting someone who was saying that the lack of NPCs make it difficult to do maneuvers/operations (or whatever is the proper term) PD would execute IRL. I was stating that it seems his issue is with rage rather than the suggestion posted here and what you quoted was me saying that just because IRL PD is stronger and there are civilians driving around it shouldn't be a reason to keep insanely unrealistic indestructible barricades in the server as an advantage to make people use them in unrealistic ways.

Removes barricades, make it so if you smash into a police car you stall instantly. 

Also make hitting poles  and other objects stall or screw up the car making it harder to drive. 

Also require massive repair bills, or higher insurance costs when you wreck you cars over and over.

16 hours ago, Yputi said:

which I am pretty certain of that he is using the speed glitch since mine doesn't go that fast, but that's a different topic).

Just because you don't go 240 in your comet retro does not mean that I'm speed glitching.. you can easily hit 240 on that part of the highway... 

1 minute ago, xxxJustTimmy said:

Just because you don't go 240 in your comet retro does not mean that I'm speed glitching.. you can easily hit 240 on that part of the highway... 

All good. Lets focus on the topic ("but that's a different topic")

23 hours ago, Jasmine said:

Removes barricades, make it so if you smash into a police car you stall instantly. 

This sounds extremely OP too. keep the mechanics how they currently are, just fix barricades. Otherwise if you make it so that people stall instantly when hitting a cop car it can lead to some very unrealistic maneuvers also. (i.e getting in front and desync brake checking, instantly stalling the other, or pd pit maneuvering them and they stall because of contact with the cop car)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheCanadian said:

This sounds extremely OP too. keep the mechanics how they currently are, just fix barricades. Otherwise if you make it so that people stall instantly when hitting a cop car it can lead to some very unrealistic maneuvers also. (i.e getting in front and desync brake checking, instantly stalling the other, or pd pit maneuvering them and they stall because of contact with the cop car)

Aaah that's right, I forgot the goal of these changes is to ensure criminals can never be caught. It cant be for realism, because no criminal would rob somone for fish then speed away at 150 MPH smashing into lightpoles, curbs, bushes, barriers and anything else in their way with their 200k sports cars.

• Like 1

Just now, Jasmine said:

Aaah that's right, I forgot the goal of these changes is to ensure criminals can never be caught. It cant be for realism, because no criminal would rob somone for fish then speed away at 150 MPH smashing into lightpoles, curbs, bushes, barriers and anything else in their way with their 200k sports cars.

It depends on how you were suggesting it be implemented. you said 'make it so if you smash into a police car you stall instantly. ' which to me would be when making contact with a police car the other driver would stall while the PD car wouldn't be harmed. when smashing at very high speeds on immobile objects, you already stall instantly unless desync comes into play (which it frequently does).

Having people stall when they make contact with a PD cruiser could make PD use theirs as a wrecking ball. i think a good in between can be found

• Like 1

+1, Personally if any of these scenes re-create themselves, I'll be using the wooden destructible barriers, to make it fair on both sides. Hopefully some more items can be added via rage, and spike strips fixed properly, then you won't have to worry about this at all.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2019 at 7:44 AM, flow said:

I can't believe the irony of this. Surely this must be a troll suggestion, right? You are here to suggest the PD remove those barriers because they are NON-RP, as in real life you could smash through them. Fair enough, IRL you could. And to prove a point, you give us a video of you driving a million dollar+ supercar to conduct your criminal business in. I applaud your sense of humor. How can you come here and make suggestion after suggestion to regulate the PD and make it more realistic, while you and your whole gang drive multi-million dollar supercars as your daily drivers? How broken of a reality do you live in where the current PD is considered NON-RP, and your gang of murderers in supercars is realistic? Before you come here and complain about anything to do with PD and realism, lose the supercars and roleplay a realistic criminal, not one that daily drives million dollar supercars with no regards to value. You can't have one side regulated and modeled after real life and then go out with your buddies to recreate a 5-year-olds lucid dreams. 

Quite a bit of sass from this one. Did you wake up like this or is there something else boiling that you need to express?

Anyway +1 on the post, 100% agree with disallowing these things to be abused and used as brick walls, PD has a ton of things at their disposal to deal with catching criminals, that should not be one of them. 

Edited by MrUntouchable215

On 4/7/2020 at 6:01 PM, MistNinja said:

seems very unrealistic and too op in my opinion, the fact that this acts as a brick wall not a  stupid baricade... i never fell victim to this but based on the videos i really don't wish for it,

I haven't seen LSPD deploy barricades for the sake of stopping someone since I joined in august, it's now more to protect people on the scene of an accident/crime so that they don't get rammed by someone going 240KMH

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.