Paulius

First person

Should server be first person only?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Should server be first person only?

• Yes, it should be.
    • No, never.
    • We should test how it feels for one day.
    • Only when in vehicles.
    • Only when on foot.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2019 at 02:00 PM

9 minutes ago, Furbz said:

First person mode in GTA V makes me nauseous. So please don't it would mean i can't play eclipse anymore

Also a valid reason.

I've met people who get motion sickness from being inside of vehicles when playing games with me, so I have to modify the way I play the game when they're in my vehicle with me. Being forced into first person would cause similar issues.

Noooot that I drive like a lunatic, but others might.

Edited by Kaizure

17 minutes ago, Kaizure said:

This.

Additionally, I think it would make animations a bit more inconvenient. You need to angle yourself properly against surfaces in order to make leaning, laying on the ground, etc. look proper, so if we were in first person all the time, it would make it harder to achieve the right look... and I'm someone who likes to make sure I look right when I'm on a scene... not clipping into walls or something.

As a side note, I also like being able to see my own character because of the customization. What's the point of making my character look pretty when I can't see how pretty they are?

These are also 2 great points, alot of people want to see their customized vehicle from the outside  when driving, not just the fuzzy dice on the non-functional  mirror.

For me if this game was Arma 3, I would be all for it. However GTA V first person is absolutely shite.

Edited by TheCanadian

1 minute ago, Aerotactics said:

First person would be great for vehicles, as it would probably make players drive more realistically. I understand why nobody wants FPP though.

Sure, maybe if in supercars or motorcycles... But no side or rear mirrors is a massive issue. Also with forced FPP i would bet 100 monopoly dollars there will not be anywhere near the amount of truckers there are currently.

If everyone had VR goggles, stearing wheels, walking platforms and flight sticks and the game supported leaning and didn't have other bugs, to complete that immersion, sure.

But everyone doesn't and it doesn't.

If the idea for first person is due to unrealistic visibility. I see it as 3rd person is something everyone can do equally, it's an out of body ability or perspective your character has the power to do. The Gta world is not all the same as ours.