Paulius

First person

Should server be first person only?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Should server be first person only?

• Yes, it should be.
    • No, never.
    • We should test how it feels for one day.
    • Only when in vehicles.
    • Only when on foot.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2019 at 02:00 PM

I enjoy first person, I really do, but I don't think the server should be only first person.
Maybe test for a week, where people on foot are limited to first person?
Would make it seem more immersive, and people can't pretend to have eyes in their backhead.
That being said, I also think that the first person should be fixed. 
As of now, players in first person looks like they are holding an invisible gun, which looks stupid when they walk around.

Would be fun to limit driving in first person, imagine people in super cars trying not to crash inside the city while trying to go their usual 180+
( Let's be honest, first person driving would prob. fix like 50% of the non rp driving )

Edited by Vasquez

Being first person would solve a great hole in RP where people can look around corners, aim much more accurately, see more than they should be able to etc. A problem I see with it is that peripheral vision is slightly limited from what it is IRL in 16:9. Also, when in first person, you always run rather than walk, which is kind of weird.

I personally like to play and drive in first person, but I cannot as it severely limits me against others, so I usually do not

• Like 2

Other than it being a bad idea for all the reasons the others have brought up. FORCING it would make the trucking job nearly impossible for most people, having to back up into tight spots without functioning side mirrors., Sure it can be done but would take 100 back and forths,currently third person is needed for many jobs or activities,even if somehow it is fixed I don't think anyone should be forced into a PoV they don't like.

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, F@therOsborn said:

I voted no.

First Person would be nice if it was less bugged, you can't walk and you can't look into rear/side mirrors of cars.

I feel as if it's fine how it is. It's there already as an option for those who want to use it.

This.

Additionally, I think it would make animations a bit more inconvenient. You need to angle yourself properly against surfaces in order to make leaning, laying on the ground, etc. look proper, so if we were in first person all the time, it would make it harder to achieve the right look... and I'm someone who likes to make sure I look right when I'm on a scene... not clipping into walls or something.

You might say "That's a pretty minor point", but I'll remind you that most RPers on the server are light RPers and they'll comment on what they see in the game, not act on it IC. So if I'm leaning against mid air, they'll call me on it. People already call me out for doing CPR on a patient's crotch when IC that's not what I'd be doing to treat a bullet wound, so what would hold them back from breaking my immersion and commenting that I'm laying inside of a building?

As a side note, I also like being able to see my own character because of the customization. What's the point of making my character look pretty when I can't see how pretty they are?

Also I imagine it'd make it harder to buy clothing / get haircuts because you wouldn't be able to leave first person anymore. I imagine that could be fixed with a script, but why add more work for the developers?

Edited by Kaizure