Goaldan

Import Changes

4 hours ago, gyrhnr said:

How would MORE heavy weapons ammo improve RP ? 

Well, it would add to realism since when do you see major criminal factions in real life struggling to fill their guns with ammo?

+1, I like the idea of different suppliers coming from South America, Eastern Europe, Asia, etc.

+1 ordering ammo is one on the primary issues for criminals factions currently, whether other may see it as minor, it's a critical issue. It essentially removes any form of cash flow that once came from that system, leaving yet another gap in criminal rp. 

It would make rp sense that each "official faction" has their own supply line as each of them comes from different back stories and locations e.g. Zetas importing from Mexico, Triads importing from China and so on. 

Overall with the moving ammo to private supplies I personally believe that aspects of the old import system should be brought back. The big red containers would vastly improve ammo delivery rp and changes it from 1 person required to get a drop to a whole gang potentially as there are multiple crated to unload. 

If the old system was to be implemented, it would be highly beneficial that the order could pick their location dynamically literally anywhere that correlates to their import method, e.g. If you use boat import to a dock, or a plane to an airstrip.

Following with this PD could get a similar system where instead of the exact location of the drop being given, they'd receive a radius circle of where the drop may be in (like phone tracing) , bringing some actual detective rp when it comes to locating the drop. 

• Like 8

Massive +1 to this and everything said below

3 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

+1 ordering ammo is one on the primary issues for criminals factions currently, whether other may see it as minor, it's a critical issue. It essentially removes any form of cash flow that once came from that system, leaving yet another gap in criminal rp. 

It would make rp sense that each "official faction" has their own supply line as each of them comes from different back stories and locations e.g. Zetas importing from Mexico, Triads importing from China and so on. 

Overall with the moving ammo to private supplies I personally believe that aspects of the old import system should be brought back. The big red containers would vastly improve ammo delivery rp and changes it from 1 person required to get a drop to a whole gang potentially as there are multiple crated to unload. 

If the old system was to be implemented, it would be highly beneficial that the order could pick their location dynamically literally anywhere that correlates to their import method, e.g. If you use boat import to a dock, or a plane to an airstrip.

Following with this PD could get a similar system where instead of the exact location of the drop being given, they'd receive a radius circle of where the drop may be in (like phone tracing) , bringing some actual detective rp when it comes to locating the drop. 

7 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

^ this 

My understatement is the RP backing for this system is that a gang has earn't it standing with a smuggler who works for the Mexican Cartels, being these are the only suppliers in the city the demand and lack there of supply makes sense. Perhaps bidding wars could be something on the supply. Thus, who ever wishes to bid the highest for their supply of ammo would I feel make the system more balanced.

Edited by Tezhl

41 minutes ago, Tezhl said:

My understatement is the RP backing for this system is that a gang has earn't it standing with a smuggler who works for the Mexican Cartels, being these are the only suppliers in the city the demand and lack there of supply makes sense. Perhaps bidding wars could be something on the supply. Thus, who ever wishes to bid the highest for their supply of ammo would I feel make the system more balanced.

I disagree with the idea of bidding for a limited supply of ammo. Criminals should not have to bid for a very limited supply of bullets, it just creates so many problems. If a bidding system was implemented you would have bigger problems then there are currently. Increasing the supply will only increase criminal RP. Right now people are lucky to get shipments of 20 bullets which makes no sense. Why should we be risking an extremely long sentence for barely any reward. 

The more ammo available = The more people that carry heavy weapons with ammo on them. Right now people don’t wanna lose heavy weapons just due to the lack of ammo. Once you lose your supply of ammo right now it’s pretty near impossible to get it back. 

> More ammo available = Possible RP deals for ammo between gangs 

(That’s just one small way of how an increase of ammo can increase criminal RP.)

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Goaldan said:

I disagree with the idea of bidding for a limited supply of ammo. Criminals should not have to bid for a very limited supply of bullets, it just creates so many problems. If a bidding system was implemented you would have bigger problems then there are currently. Increasing the supply will only increase criminal RP. Right now people are lucky to get shipments of 20 bullets which makes no sense. Why should we be risking an extremely long sentence for barely any reward. 

The more ammo available = The more people that carry heavy weapons with ammo on them. Right now people don’t wanna lose heavy weapons just due to the lack of ammo. Once you lose your supply of ammo right now it’s pretty near impossible to get it back. 

> More ammo available = Possible RP deals for ammo between gangs 

(That’s just one small way of how an increase of ammo can increase criminal RP.)

In that same respect was the Roleplay any different now then today? In retrospect I do enjoy the concept that weapons are scarce as it would be in most modern society, making the application of a gun a real ponder. Such as "Is it worth losing my shotgun over a store robbery?". These are things that should be factored. In a more simple application it could be "This gang is using up our materials; we've got to fend them off to prevent them from purchasing anymore" 

4 minutes ago, Tezhl said:

In that same respect was the Roleplay any different now then today? In retrospect I do enjoy the concept that weapons are scarce as it would be in most modern society, making the application of a gun a real ponder. Such as "Is it worth losing my shotgun over a store robbery?". These are things that should be factored. In a more simple application it could be "This gang is using up our materials; we've got to fend them off to prevent them from purchasing anymore" 

Back in the day there were actual ways to ensure other gangs did not get there shipments, it was much easier to actually intercept them. What I am suggesting is just a quick fix to a minor problem. Down the road, I would be all for a re-implementation of the old gun system. But it is scriptly impossible to prevent another gang from ordering off the laptop. Nobody really has the time nor do they want to watch ~15 possible drop locations for multiple hours a day. There is no way to determine when a gang orders, who is ordering, and where there drop is going to. My suggestion is just a simple fix to a problem criminals want fixed.

As for your comment on bringing a shotgun to a store robbery, realistically the bigger the gun the better chance of success. You're risking around ~20k worth of weaponry for realistically ~4k cash which is good risk for reward in my opinion. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tezhl said:

Gun sales are a huge part of crimRP and ways to make cash. Very limited ammo= WAY less gun sales. This is a critical issue and unless you're part of these official factions or a criminal faction in general, you wouldn't understand the dire impact it has on us. I don't mind being limited on ammo, I mind fighting with 3 others gangs with the laptop to get 20 ammo. That's not fun, it's not good RP and it's killing gun sale RP big time. We want our ammo separated.

• Like 2

+1, but don’t make it unlimited. irl big criminal factions buy shipments on a schedule. per say every month they buy a shipment. i don’t see it realistic to allow zetas to but 100 ak ammo whenever they need it. i say if this was implemented it should be implemented realistically. not allowing who ever to order whatever at random intervals. that’s not how it is in the real world.

8 hours ago, IsThisSeige said:

+1, but don’t make it unlimited. irl big criminal factions buy shipments on a schedule. per say every month they buy a shipment. i don’t see it realistic to allow zetas to but 100 ak ammo whenever they need it. i say if this was implemented it should be implemented realistically. not allowing who ever to order whatever at random intervals. that’s not how it is in the real world.

Unsure if you have experience with the current laptop, is already is not "unlimited" per say, it builds up over time and when the amount is optimal you place the order, which takes multiple ooc hours to even reach a mere 100 rounds, if it were to ever reach that with the current saturation of orders. 

This is a simple solution to a current problem, I agree that the overall system requires a rework. But criminals do not need further restrictions placed on their already limited systems, such as specific order times in the month. Yes this would make sense irl but we have to find the balance between player satisfaction and realism. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tezhl said:

"This gang is using up our materials; we've got to fend them off to prevent them from purchasing anymore" 

If this is the solution you propose all this would cause is for Official Factions to wipe out gangs before they can have even a semblance of a chance of reaching official. No one wants to do that due to that just reducing amount of criminal players that exist in general and would only reduce the amount of criminal role play that occurs. When Triads and Zetas were the only two gangs with the ability to import they easily could have wiped out many long standing gangs that had good role play but lacked the ability to import to secure imports for only themselves. That would not be good role play and would only decrease the criminal population that has slowly been on the decline resulting in gangs rather mining,hunting and fishing instead of cooking at labs and choping cars and robbing stores. 

On 12/31/2019 at 6:49 AM, CallumMontie said:

This is very good +1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.