Goaldan

Import Changes

On the other hand we don't really need tons and tons of people running around with heavy weapons constantly.  The entire server is so flooded with guns that you can basically get one as soon as you spawn as a new citizen with your 7k cash.  Maybe step 1 is to make sure Gun Stores require some Government background check. Then you can improve the imports when the supply of illegal guns is shorter on the pistol side (gun store).. instead of gang members selling guns wholesale to everyone through their legal business (for example: https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/32247-dante-kalshnikov-ban-appeal/ archive).   I am fairly certain selling 130 guns to 1-3 people would raise some serious red flags IRL.  (Since serial numbers cannot be tracked back to the store that sold them so no IC way to solve this issue either [correct me if I am wrong] . Maybe adding store tracking to serial numbers. Then if police see 80+ guns from 'Corado' from a specific store they know something is up.)

I am also reasonably confident most of the Gun Store owners would not be cleared to own a gun permit let alone a gun store. Any reasonable government approval process with a background check would likely disqualify a number of them.

Overall I do not mind a +1, but I think other changes involving gun stores should accompany the proposed change.

tl;dr: clean up gun store ownership and illegal gun trade that occurs with stores. Probably some sort of background check for ownership of gun stores and associate serial numbers of guns with the store they are purchased from.  Then go and beef up the laptop and promote illegal gun trade through imports (including pistols).

11 minutes ago, TreMetal said:

On the other hand we don't really need tons and tons of people running around with heavy weapons constantly.  The entire server is so flooded with guns that you can basically get one as soon as you spawn as a new citizen with your 7k cash.  Maybe step 1 is to make sure Gun Stores require some Government background check. Then you can improve the imports when the supply of illegal guns is shorter on the pistol side (gun store).. instead of gang members selling guns wholesale to everyone through their legal business (for example: https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/32247-dante-kalshnikov-ban-appeal/ archive).   I am fairly certain selling 130 guns to 1-3 people would raise some serious red flags IRL.  (Since serial numbers cannot be tracked back to the store that sold them so no IC way to solve this issue either [correct me if I am wrong] . Maybe adding store tracking to serial numbers. Then if police see 80+ guns from 'Corado' from a specific store they know something is up.)

I am also reasonably confident most of the Gun Store owners would not be cleared to own a gun permit let alone a gun store. Any reasonable government approval process with a background check would likely disqualify a number of them.

Overall I do not mind a +1, but I think other changes involving gun stores should accompany the proposed change.

tl;dr: clean up gun store ownership and illegal gun trade that occurs with stores. Probably some sort of background check for ownership of gun stores and associate serial numbers of guns with the store they are purchased from.  Then go and beef up the laptop and promote illegal gun trade through imports (including pistols).

This problem is about the gang laptop access not "legal gun stores". 

Just now, CaesarSeizure said:

Ah so its not that 5% of ammo goes to PD, but worse as you can lose the full order.

Correct, someone recently ordered 10 pieces of kevlar which cost $40k each, the order totalled to $400k, PD received a notification for this and raided the drop causing the player to lose $400k with literally no chance to counter it.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:56 PM, MikeyyyG said:

In 24 hours the laptop will stock 336 SMG bullets. 

There are currently 137 people in gangs that have laptop access. 

This works out at 2.45 bullets per person every 24 hours. 

If every gang member wanted 1 SMG it would take 48.9 IRL days to put 120 bullets in each SMG. 

Gun Sale RP is dead, this is the reason. 

EDIT- Lets say WCA and NLA got laptop access. Lets say this will add 40 more people with a supply for ammo. (probably more)

This would mean each official gang member would be able to get 1.89 bullets per person every 24 hours. 

This would then mean that it would take 63.5 days to supply each person with 1 SMG with 120 bullets. 

As mentioned before, 

A potential fix to this would be making the laptop unique per faction , meaning each faction would have their own resource pool. Along with increasing the ammon restock rate.

1 OOC hour for 14 SMG bullets is obscene. AK and Micro have increased restock numbers compared to SMG (within 10~ bullets) but the current resource drain does not make sense for it to stock this slow. 

It also makes zero rp sense, that all official factions are supplied by the same source even though they come from different backgrounds. 

Simple concept:

Triads - import from China

Zetas - import from Mexico

Rooks - import from Russian

WCA - import from Liberty City

NLA - import from Mexico

Each of which are individual resource pools, other than Mexico which could have 2 different suppliers. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Upvote 1

A potential fix to this would be making the laptop unique per faction , meaning each faction would have their own resource pool. Along with increasing the ammon restock rate.

1 OOC hour for 14 SMG bullets is obscene. AK and Micro have increased restock numbers compared to SMG (within 10~ bullets) but the current resource drain does not make sense for it to stock this slow. 

It also makes zero rp sense, that all official factions are supplied by the same source even though they come from different backgrounds. 

Simple concept:

NLA - import from Mexico

Each of which are individual resource pools, other than Mexico which could have 2 different suppliers. 

This is exactly how i think it should be, huge +1 to this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

As mentioned before, 

Simple concept:

NLA - import from Mexico

couldn’t have said it any better myself 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

As mentioned before, 

Simple concept:

NLA - import from Mexico

Considering PD would still keep the 5% chance anyway, would you guys want to have a similar chance to get notified if other gangs are ordering?

But i am in favor of splitting the imports, that way it would at least adjust based on how many gangs/criminals there are in town, rather than a flat amount.

26 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

Considering PD would still keep the 5% chance anyway, would you guys want to have a similar chance to get notified if other gangs are ordering?

But i am in favor of splitting the imports, that way it would at least adjust based on how many gangs/criminals there are in town, rather than a flat amount.

I'm personally against scripted automatic notifications based on rng, that provide zero rp benefit and static outcomes of doing so. 

So yes I'm against having a 5% chance for us to find out about other gangs, we already manage to hit other gangs drops icly without this. 

6 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

As mentioned before, 

Simple concept:

NLA - import from Mexico

+1 this is concisely and exactly why. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.