Draugas

NCZ Zones

Good afternoon Community, Good afternoon ladies and gents.

This suggestion will be about NCZ zones

I will try to make short and clear.

My suggestion is, to make more NCZ zones. As this is coming to a joke, sometimes you cant even pull up in Los Santos centre just to go afk for two minutes without getting in trouble and without someone trying to rob you during the day. so my suggestion would be lets say create more NCZ zones or at least expand the NCZ zones and make such a rule lets say, not allowed to do crime during the day lets say from like 07:00 to 22:00 You are not allowed to do crimes in the new NCZ zones, but from 22:00 to 07:00 you are allowed to rob and stuff as it would be considered a night life and it would be more realistic for people to wait till night time to start doing crimes and like the standard civilians could roleplay and do what they need to do during the day with less stress. As sometimes when I look from a side i think its like cops and robbers. This rule would only apply in certain places in Los Santos, so lets say, the rich side of los santos would have this rule. and commercial, city centre. obiously this would not count to poor part of Los Santos as its just a dangerous side of it. Its only my suggestion. if you guys think its a rubbish Idea its fine, Outside of LS this would not apply.  Thanks for your time reading it. Much love. 😄

Edited by Draugas

-1 overall on this, 

There are enough scripted protection zones and the small number of these already gets abused. 

As for not robbing/committing crime in daylight I disagree, this happens irl. Criminal syndicates literally kidnap and kill people in broad daylight, even solo muggers do work during the day. 

I can vouch for the two official gangs, we both avoid targeting civilians. The only time we openly engage on people in the street is when they have done something to deserve a retaliation. 

The hrob gangs/criminals will phase in and out, as this form of playing has an extremely short life time. 

Edited by CallumMontie
Edited to add more context
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

-1 overall on this, 

There are enough scripted protection zones and the small number of these already gets abused. 

As for not robbing/committing crime in daylight I disagree, this happens irl. Criminal syndicates literally kidnap and kill people in broad daylight, even solo muggers do work during the day. 

While this fact may be true it isn't 1 in 2 people IRL that are in a gang. I can literally count on none of my hand the times I have been robbed, mugged, seen a robbery or mugging or someone kidnapped or killed by a criminal IRL. Its probably because that number is 0. However in the 3 months I have been here I have seen more people killed that I saw killed in Afghanistan IRL or in my 3000 hrs on Arma 3. This server has become 80% cops and robbers and the few of us who try to keep with a civilian roleplay keep ending up in the middle of it.

However, I do not think the addition of more NCZs is the way to fix it. There has to be another way to accomplish it and the admins/mods are already overtaxed with IG reports constantly cropping up.

Edited by Asiantator
  • Like 2

A bit mixed with my feelings about this...

if they do add more NCZ’s in the middle of the city, lets say Legion Square right in front of the public parking lot. Thats a very busy street, with people going through it all the time, what happens if we’re being chased and we happen to pass by there? Wouldn’t make sense to risk spinning out going 170km/h taking a right when going straight is right open, but then you’ll be ticketed by the NCZ cams and also you would be breaking server rules by going to an NCZ in a pursuit. I think the state of NCZ’s as they are right now are already quite comfortable, I don’t think simply adding more spots to restrict the type of RP people can do is a needed change.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Asiantator said:

While this fact may be true it isn't 1 in 2 people IRL that are in a gang. I can literally count on none of my hand the times I have been robbed, mugged, seen a robbery or mugging or someone kidnapped or killed by a criminal IRL. Its probably because that number is 0. However in the 3 months I have been here I have seen more people killed that I saw killed in Afghanistan IRL or in my 3000 hrs on Arma 3. This server has become 80% cops and robbers and the few of us who try to keep with a civilian roleplay keep ending up in the middle of it.

However, I do not think the addition of more NCZs is the way to fix it. There has to be another way to accomplish it and the admins/mods are already overtaxed with IG reports constantly cropping up.

++++ we have to find a way to sort this out, Not necessary my suggestion, just something has to be done about it.

I would like to see changes implemented that promote more foot traffic and civilian rp but I do not believe additional NCZs are the answer to this. I do, however, somewhat like the idea of limiting crimes but not necessarily in the way suggested with daytime hours. I would be more inclined to throw favor behind something as follows (note, this is not fleshed out by any means, just simply thinking off the top of my head):

Areas that are typically populated/camered in real life (ie: gas stations, clothing stores, parking lots, or whatever) come with a higher risk of getting caught should crimes be committed blatantly out in the open during daylight hours. Instead of a no crime zone it could be something along the lines of a high risk zone where authorities are alerted if a crime is blatantly taking place in that area during certain hours after a certain amount of time has passed.

To expand a bit on that, imagine somebody stopped by the gas station at 2:00pm to fill their tank. They then get a gun shoved in their face and robbed of their possessions and vehicle. Realistically speaking, there would be at least one camera at that gas station (cameras are typically used at gas stations to make sure people don't steal gas) and an attendant who can call the police. We play in a server without AI and therefore it is solely on the slim chance that a player drives by, witnesses this, and calls the authorities (and chances are even slimmer during certain time zones). If a system was in place that triggered a 911 call a certain amount of time after /frisk was used in this zone (during obvious daytime hours considering everything is harder to see at night) it may assist with what you are suggesting OP.

Something like this, would also not inherently take away from criminals as the only impact would be that they have to be a bit smarter during the day or partake in more crimes from dusk on. Instead of robbing somebody directly in front of a gas station in broad daylight, pull them into an alley, and do it in a more hidden location. I've had some great roleplay experiences while being robbed where the criminal came up behind me, pressed a gun to my back, told me to remain neutral, and walk to a secluded place so there were no witnesses. This would also give civilians a bit of freedom to partake in more roleplay while on foot or stopped but still force them to be aware of their surroundings.

Hopefully this giant wall of text makes sense and sincere apologies if it does not.

Edited by Aldarine
  • Upvote 2

I think personally that NCZ should be removed from the game as it creates a very stale, repetitive, scripted, and kinda safe gameplay, people go to them and chill, talk shit to other criminals, cops, act like gods because they are " protected " by this OOC rule and they implement it in their RP because sadly they can, as you cannot really do much to them in it. Sadly, this won't happen at least not in near future based on the quality of RP an average criminal does on a day to day basis, I am not talking about thought through group RP or /me /do RP, but im talking in general.

When have you seen anyone let alone a criminal RP buying groceries? Driving a normal vehicle that is not a super or a sports car ( everyone strives to flex either with houses,properties,vehicles,guns etc. ) .. Both criminals and legals tend to PLAY TO WIN instead PLAY TO RP . When have you seen someone RP a situation in which they are a " bitch " or a " pussy " ? When do you see someone act " scared " ? People at gunpoint during robberies are like " ye ye, just rob me and take my shit " because they KNOW if they comply with demands they cannot be harmed, they just lose stuff, go buy it again and act like nothing happened. Just in general mentality of people who play the game is not what it is supposed to be.. You are supposed to ROLEPLAY an entire LIFE, not just a career or a job... and that is what a lot of people tend to forget, they RP one side of their characters, but everything else they see as a game with 0 care or effort in it 🙂

• Like 8

+1/-1

I like the idea of areas in the city you can go and not worry about being messed with, like the Del Perro Pier. Maybe some kind of soft NCZ? Even a few of our current NCZ's could be 'soft' NCZ's. Additionally it would spread out the vehicles people like to park in NCZ's.

How you would define a 'soft NCZ' unknown, maybe no violent crimes? /me/do's only?

Don't agree on more NCZ, but do agree that if there's a way to script auto police calls for help in camera areas during the day (ie service station) after a certain period of time that would be good, as it would be very realistic for someone to call the cops if a hold up took place at a gas station during broad daylight.

• Like 1

I think at some point I would have agreed....

BUT the city has changed quite a bit, and I feel rather safe, if I am smart.

And as time goes on, I grow less and less fond of NCZs. I think NCZs break the immersion pretty badly. People are constantly arguing OOC there about breaking NCZ...what is or isn't a crime etc. It is also used as a bad RP safe haven when an otherwise legit crim vs. civ RP happens, and a civilian flees to an NCZ....like Tequilala or yellow jack....where realistically it would provide no protection.

I would prefer the server continues to modify and balance PD vs Gang RP, so civilians feel safe, if they are being smart.
This of course would need a lot more work, but more NCZs I think are a poor way to fix an issue which is improving on its own, through the SASD, general balancing, enforcing PG and DM against civilians etc.

I would rather see NCZs go away, and regular patrols of officers posted at the bank at all times as a form of active, RP intensive NCZ.

29 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

I would rather see NCZs go away, and regular patrols of officers posted at the bank at all times as a form of active, RP intensive NCZ.

In an ideal world sure, but we go where the action is. If there's a shooting in Vespucci, we're going to Vespucci. If there is a chase on Palomino Freeway, we're there.
There's just simply not enough units to do that effectively enough that it would make a difference.

No Crime Zones shouldn't exist to make players feel safe, it's just a marker for areas where committing a crime would be very poor roleplay as the likelihood of being caught is very very high.

For me personally, I'd limit the No Crime zones to the interiors of the buildings for Bank and Tequil'la. I'd keep the No Crime Zones at Impound, Mission Row, Paleto Bay Station and the Hospital as it is as well.

The Bank is like the twilight zone. It's an NCZ but the only time i've heard about being dealing guns or drugs is outside the Bank.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.