Copperhorse

Hold LEO factions to the same risk / reward Non-RP standards that criminals are held to.

Don't talk shit about the .50
KCA5WUh.png

On a serious note, I expect certain concerns to be brought up by players who can uphold extremely qualitative RP. I would not have laughed while reading the topic if another player brought up the concerns.

In the first video, I agree such rifle is kind of overkill for Felony Evading charges while in the second, your statement is incorrect.

P.S.: stingers don't work all the times. They were almost functional just before the HUD update but not anymor.

Edited by TheCactus

1 minute ago, Not Butters said:

ANOTHER proof of NON-RP by cops just happened in Lifted's stream, there is an active hostage situation and cops just bust in there with no value of the hostage's lives.

That happened at last resort. Unless you knew what was said over tac you cant make that assumption. 

11 minutes ago, Not Butters said:

ANOTHER proof of NON-RP by cops just happened in Lifted's stream, there is an active hostage situation and cops just bust in there with no value of the hostage's lives.

This has happened numerous times before, especially when bank heists were popular

7 minutes ago, Rickyriggz said:

You guys need to chill before this thread gets archived and everything that was previously mentioned gets tossed down the drain. 

It'll most likely get archived anyway, all similar threads do

2 hours ago, ClankH said:

ah yes, i also love driving 240km/h down a highway that according to every criminal would be "filled with other cars so it makes no sense for cops to shoot on highways" 

Bruh because a crim does not give a fuck RPly , they’re trying to get away, so they can speed and RPly be putting themselves and others at risk as they are criminals, PD is not they should be concerned and immersed into their surroundings RPly as they are law enforcement, + you did begin shooting at the highway for simply felony evading because you thought they had a chance of winning since it’s a super car 

37 minutes ago, Not Butters said:

I suggest you wait until the full forum report is made before assuming such things. It's quite difference from our perspective. 

• NAY 1

6 hours ago, FrankieP said:

Crims often DO stop the car and give up, whether it's PD or enemy criminals, because one thing we know is how to take an L.

Here's a clip of crims realising their luck has run out and what do you know? We took the L. Notice how we didn't start malding and abusing bugs/doing NonRP actions simply to win! https://streamable.com/yo24l

It's honestly pointless arguing with any of you because you all refuse to see the clear bias and advantage that you have. Its fine doe, keep going and maybe soon there won't be any crims left on the server for you to catch!

Damn you got disrespected in that clip bro no cap

Not gonna lie, guys - I don't understand what you want anymore. Original point of the topic was that PD roleplay was unrealistic; specifically that cops going around shooting for tires was unrealistic. Fair enough.

So when cops start tactically using destructible barriers instead, it's bad roleplay and bug abusing? I just don't understand. If stingers were usable, they'd probably use those, but they're not. There's not much else to do SCRIPTLY as PD. They could start using stingers and if you were to hit them they'd have to send the player "/ldo stingers would have been stuck onto your tires, deflating them.". Do you think that would work? Most people would probably ignore that roleplay, and it would be another thing to add onto the list of forum reports PD has to deal with everyday (alongside fear RP, combat logs, powergaming, etc.) The alternative is to endlessly chase until you run out of gas, which is what happens usually anyways, if you do get caught (which is unlikely - if you get a BF-400 and go up Mount Chilliad, there's not much cops can do.)

I understand that the wooden police barricade is a little bugged - you may stall when hitting them at high speeds. But c'mon, lads. If you guys want a better RP standard from RP, then complaining when they start using tactics isn't gonna help much, yeah? It just feels like an unwinnable argument from PD's side. Shoot tires? NON-RP! Use barricades? BUG ABUSE!

What is the point of this discussion anymore if even the "good RP" alternative is apparently bad roleplay? There's nothing else to do, guys.

Now - I think the natural evolution of this discussion is to instead to take a nice, good look at the rules. Instead of blaming PD for not getting punished enough, maybe the rules themselves should be changed to make crim RP less restrictive. Staff team must have a dang hard time with the rules; it can't be too restrictive (as getting punished for doing something that may be instictive probably sucks), but it can't be too loose either (you would get a lot more fun ruining RP, such as a few months ago when you could get robbed anywhere, for no reason). I personally think this would be a more worthwhile discussion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nomadhtims said:

PD playing to win and ruining RP situations.

Are we supposed to play to let the hostages die? Also this scene has been going on for a fare while and it was used as a last resort as none of our attempts for negations where successful, even after we brought them everything that they wanted. 

5 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

Are we supposed to play to let the hostages die? Also this scene has been going on for a fare while and it was used as a last resort as none of our attempts for negations where successful, even after we brought them everything that they wanted. 

why can you guys never just admit you did wrong and ruined others experiences there seems to always be an excuse when it comes to PD players. The other side of people involved are telling you they didn't enjoy themselves you ruined their gameplay. Hearing that should make you stop and think how you can make everyone have fun rather then just winning and getting to throw people in jail on a game.

Like we've been saying eventually you will have no serious opposition as people don't want to play a game where they aren't having fun because the biggest group in the game abuses loopholes in rules or has excuses that seem to get everything ''allowed''. I know for a fact if GD did this we would get non rps for it .Im pretty sure these players are already leaving the server the ones from that report at least and many crim factions feel that way.

Maybe instead of making excuses stop and think of ways you make sure everyone has fun and its not just you guys trying to push to win all the time. Before its too late and you end up with only pulling people over for speeding or illegal parking and im sure thats not what you guys want.

Edited by mikebumbum
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, mikebumbum said:

why can you guys never just admit you did wrong and ruined others experiences there seems to always be an excuse when it comes to PD players. The other side of people involved are telling you they didn't enjoy themselves you ruined their gameplay. Hearing that should make you stop and think how you can make everyone have fun rather then just winning and getting to throw people in jail on a game.

Like we've been saying eventually you will have no serious opposition as people don't want to play a game where they aren't having fun because the biggest group in the game abuses loopholes in rules or has excuses that seem to get everything ''allowed''. I know for a fact if GD did this we would get non rps for it .Im pretty sure these players are already leaving the server the ones from that report at least and many crim factions feel that way.

Maybe instead of making excuses stop and think of ways you make sure everyone has fun and its not just you guys trying to push to win all the time. Before its too late and you end up with only pulling people over for speeding or illegal parking and im sure thats not what you guys want.

Someone telling me they aren't having fun means nothing. These feelings have to be substantiated by something. I'm sure a lot of new players don't have fun when they get banned for breaking some rule, does that mean they should automatically be listened to and validated ? Of course not. Same applies here.

I have said it once and I will say it again, there have been points made here that I agree with (for example the .50 Cal incident, which I think shouldn't have happened). However, this doesn't mean that every single situation or point someone brings up is automatically valid (like the blockade example). You seem to have this all or nothing mentality, either you are with us or against us. This isn't grade school, people can have various opinions and defend whichever ones they think are unsubstantiated while still wishing to improve the overall state of RP.

As for the report incident, I am 99% you have no insight into what happened or how it came to happen, but anything that remotely looks like a rule break or bad RP from PD side you will use to fit your narrative. How about you let staff do their job, determine whether it was justified or not before using it as fodder for your arguments. 

Edited by Cyrus Raven

47 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

Someone telling me they aren't having fun means nothing. These feelings have to be substantiated by something. I'm sure a lot of new players don't have fun when they get banned for breaking some rule, does that mean they should automatically be listened to and validated ? Of course not. Same applies here.

I have said it once and I will say it again, there have been points made here that I agree with (for example the .50 Cal incident, which I think shouldn't have happened). However, this doesn't mean that every single situation or point someone brings up is automatically valid (like the blockade example). You seem to have this all or nothing mentality, either you are with us or against us. This isn't grade school, people can have various opinions and defend whichever ones they think are unsubstantiated while still wishing to improve the overall state of RP.

As for the report incident, I am 99% you have no insight into what happened or how it came to happen, but anything that remotely looks like a rule break or bad RP from PD side you will use to fit your narrative. How about you let staff do their job, determine whether it was justified or not before using it as fodder for your arguments. 

You don't think it says something when so many crim players are collectively expressing dissatisfaction with how they are being treat on the server? Damn bro, enjoy writing parking tickets all day when there are no more crim players left.

1 hour ago, ClankH said:

bro wym i take Ls all the time

https://streamable.com/sorwov

see? graceful during Ws and graceful after Ls

As Mike said, your memeing isnt adding anything to the discussion and really just proves your ignorance. 

Only stating my opinion tho bro, pls dont swat me like always threaten to do! 

Just now, FrankieP said:

You don't think it says something when so many crim players are collectively expressing dissatisfaction with how they are being treat on the server? Damn bro, enjoy writing parking tickets all day when there are no more crim players left.

I think players got used to a certain way of playing when they arguably had more freedom and now are unsatisfied with the increase in regulation to their RP via rule changes.

In fact, from the original thread you can induce this given the topic is portrayed as wanting to ''Hold PD accountable to the same rules''. The implication here is that criminals feel that PD is not playing by the same rules as they are held to, some of which they feel is unfair and drains the fun from the server. 

As I said, I do believe good points have been made to improve PD RP, but just because a lot of players on one side claim something doesn't make it true. Which is my point. To answer your question then, I think a lot of people have valid feelings on the issue, I don't think the majority of ''examples'' given in this is valid.

Just now, Cyrus Raven said:

I think players got used to a certain way of playing when they arguably had more freedom and now are unsatisfied with the increase in regulation to their RP via rule changes.

In fact, from the original thread you can induce this given the topic is portrayed as wanting to ''Hold PD accountable to the same rules''. The implication here is that criminals feel that PD is not playing by the same rules as they are held to, some of which they feel is unfair and drains the fun from the server. 

As I said, I do believe good points have been made to improve PD RP, but just because a lot of players on one side claim something doesn't make it true. Which is my point. To answer your question then, I think a lot of people have valid feelings on the issue, I don't think the majority of ''examples'' given in this is valid.

just like i hope you realize just because you write long paragraphs doesnt make what you say true and you can type till your keys break and we will still feel the same way and have different ''truths'' you havent played a serious crim and i think for you to have most the claims you do you need to make a crim character and seriously play it for 6 months as your main and join a gang and we will see if your opinion ( because thats all it is has nothing to do with the ''truth'') changes

8 minutes ago, FrankieP said:

As Mike said, your memeing isnt adding anything to the discussion and really just proves your ignorance. 

Only stating my opinion tho bro, pls dont swat me like always threaten to do! 

I am not memeing just trying to lighten the mood since this is a SUGGESTION board. Defeats the purpose of people going back and forth arguing even though nobody is going to change their mind as you can clearly see. Went from suggestions to baseless back and forth arguments. Perhaps when people realize that it takes both sides to make a change then all the ignorance will change!

Lighten up my friend! We're playing a video game to have fun!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mikebumbum said:

just like i hope you realize just because you write long paragraphs doesnt make what you say true and you can type till your keys break and we will still feel the same way and have different ''truths'' you havent played a serious crim and i think for you to have most the claims you do you need to make a crim character and seriously play it for 6 months as your main and join a gang and we will see if your opinion ( because thats all it is has nothing to do with the ''truth'') changes

Not once did I claim my thoughts were the ultimate truth, I gave my opinion based on what examples people post. All I'm saying is, don't use the majority of people claiming something as being representative of the truth. Just because 10 people say the sky is red in a room with 11 people,, doesn't mean they are right, same applies here. 

• Confused 1

I think the fact that the blue barricades were used is a great example of how the LSPD is held to standards, and did listen to the community. 

People a year ago complained that red barricades were indestructible, and to give a more fair chance, their use for pursuits were removed, now they were replaced with more destructible wooden barricades. To now come around and say that it's NonRP to use wooden barricades because they would break realistically is ironic. LSPD could use metal barricades today, the script is already there. But it's clear that wasn't wanted either.

Spike strips being bugged, and 240 cars still being a thing, there's not much else in the alternatives, other than just letting you go, which I'm sure is what you would like and the main reason for the recent complaint, but that is not an option either. More than a couple pursuits happen because the criminal has no value for his life, safety and freedom and that is exactly why @givejoshamosin was chased that night, and why he ended up going to prison. He likely wanted a fun pursuit in the 811, and he got it. 

If we're talking about standards, let's stop, think, and consider alternatives to provoking cops into chasing you then complaining about the way they caught you. You shouldn't want to get chased by cops, that shouldn't be anyone's goal, and if it is, that is likely what's causing you grief right now. 

• NAY 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

I think the fact that the blue barricades were used is a great example of how the LSPD is held to standards, and did listen to the community. 

People a year ago complained that red barricades were indestructible, and to give a more fair chance, their use for pursuits were removed, now they were replaced with more destructible wooden barricades. To now come around and say that it's NonRP to use wooden barricades because they would break realistically is ironic. LSPD could use metal barricades today, the script is already there. But it's clear that wasn't wanted either.

Spike strips being bugged, and 240 cars still being a thing, there's not much else in the alternatives, other than just letting you go, which I'm sure is what you would like and the main reason for the recent complaint, but that is not an option either. More than a couple pursuits happen because the criminal has no value for his life, safety and freedom and that is exactly why @givejoshamosin was chased that night, and why he ended up going to prison. He likely wanted a fun pursuit in the 811, and he got it. 

If we're talking about standards, let's stop, think, and consider alternatives to provoking cops into chasing you then complaining about the way they caught you. You shouldn't want to get chased by cops, that shouldn't be anyone's goal, and if it is, that is likely what's causing you grief right now. 

Realistically no one wants to get chased by cops, that's never our goal. That point is kinda redundant. If you think that doing our jobs as criminal roleplayers is "provoking cops" then idk what to say.

Just bcoe one set of barricades were removed, doesnt mean that the others can't also be removed. Realistically, the 811 wouldve gone right through those blue barricades, and dedication to realism would have therefore invalidated their use in that situation.

• Upvote 2

Greetings,

Rules are tailored and held equally to all players unbiased of alignment or activity, but often translated or with added descriptions to better assist with understand based on common activities on the server.

Is there a suggestion? in this thread that would state a 'rule' or descriptive statement, written and specific that would be fitting for a section and for all players, whether, citizen, law or criminal?

If not, this looks more like a discussion/debate and should be moved out of suggestions and to the discussion boards.

There has and always will be friction between sides, whether it be realism, power or other. I'm sure the staff team is aware of these concerns and it's always great to hear everyone side without it getting heated. From what has been witnessed, modifications on both sides happen often in aim to accommodate these concerns and improve the quality of RP for everyone.

Thanks.

• Like 1