Copperhorse

Hold LEO factions to the same risk / reward Non-RP standards that criminals are held to.

1 minute ago, Jleoni said:

In the past 24 hours (OOC time)

Cop in super requesting gps blips for their business
Cop in super going to a personal call to show a house they were selling

Don't have recordings/don't record but there were others who can confirm these specific incidents and perhaps have recordings. This is a very regular occurrence it seems, now more than what I've ever before.

Not sure if this is allowed or not, but regardless it definitely is immersion breaking to see so many PD liveried supers out and about regularly.

Are you sure it was the PD livery? SD has the same black and white, only the logos are different. They have more lax restrictions on use as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, Jleoni said:

In the past 24 hours (OOC time)

Cop in super requesting gps blips for their business
Cop in super going to a personal call to show a house they were selling

Don't have recordings/don't record but there were others who can confirm these specific incidents and perhaps have recordings. This is a very regular occurrence it seems, now more than what I've ever before.

Not sure if this is allowed or not, but regardless it definitely is immersion breaking to see so many PD liveried supers out and about regularly.

Why does it break your immersion to see cops in supers but a person with 200 felonies and 30mil in illegal money driving a super does not?

What alternative does PD have? The regular cruisers max out around 220 on the highway (except for certain spots), and the handling is dogshit. I was driving my elegy retro and lost every cruiser multiple times, only the super could keep up.

Any decent vehicle will easily lose the regular cruisers. Besides, pre drag nerf, everyone just drove drags. Nothing is keeping up with them, a super or else another drag is there best bet.

TLDR: criminals will always drive OP vehicle and play at 420p to get max FPS, what alternatives does SD/PD have?

• Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 2:08 PM, Jleoni said:

If this isn't just made up, record these incidents and make an IA report.  You don't expect admins on the server to have clairvoyance and know about every single rule breaker that may emerge, that's why the report function exists: so you can tell them and things can be dealt with.  Similarly you can't expect us to instantly know if someone breaks IC regulations: you need to tell us IC via the IA report system.  Nothing will change if we don't know about it IC just like a rule breaker will go unpunished if no one submits a report.

Edited by Victor Einhart

On 1/10/2021 at 2:16 PM, freshprinceIE said:

Why does it break your immersion to see cops in supers but a person with 200 felonies and 30mil in illegal money driving a super does not?

What alternative does PD have? The regular cruisers max out around 220 on the highway (except for certain spots), and the handling is dogshit. I was driving my elegy retro and lost every cruiser multiple times, only the super could keep up.

Any decent vehicle will easily lose the regular cruisers. Besides, pre drag nerf, everyone just drove drags. Nothing is keeping up with them, a super or else another drag is there best bet.

TLDR: criminals will always drive OP vehicle and play at 420p to get max FPS, what alternatives does SD/PD have?

Damn someone that actually gets it! 

Imma do a quick edit here to prove the same point:

Every single criminal that I have personally seen and chased in a stolen cruiser (especially the interceptor) has been caught because the handling on cruisers is absolute dog-ass. Literally witnessed so many crim players try and take the interceptor off road or up to the dam to grab a Drag thats been set up. Ironically they end up flipping and stalling before reaching the drag because the interceptor is a literal feather with 0 gravity. 

Every time I see a crown vic stolen, they lead us on a slow speed pursuit around the city only to eventually give up and run up the highways to a set up Drag or to a known Drag setup spot. Its beautiful irony at its finest. The CV is a shitty heavy monstrosity that has the acceleration of an Intruder or sentinel XS. The only thing its got is a good top speed of 210-220 but even then its bottlenecked by the fact it takes ages to hit the top speed.

Then people still cry about PD using supers when Rockstar INTENTIONALLY DESIGNED the emergency vehicles to be extremely shitty cars. 

Meanwhile people running around in cheap ass 200k elegy retros that outperform most supers. Not to mention all these donated and rented supers running around. But I digress with this as this problem should be fixed with the upcoming judicial court cases and government revamp.

Edited by ClankH
  • Like 2
  • NAY 1

100% agree, cops hold a very high position on the server and are essentially role models. How do you expect the general population of the server to act when cops are doing burnouts in lambos n shit, I haven't met one PD member interested in RP at all or so it seems. They all think its just pointing guns and chases and they cry OOCly every time they lose. Giving police everything they want has many unintended consequences that ruin gameplay for everyone involved. There needs to be change soon.

Edited by Braxton_Smith

7 minutes ago, Braxton_Smith said:

100% agree, cops hold a very high position on the server and are essentially role models. How do you expect the general population of the server to act when cops are doing burnouts in lambos n shit, I haven't met one PD member interested in RP at all or so it seems. They all think its just pointing guns and chases and they cry OOCly every time they lose. Giving police everything they want has many unintended consequences that ruin gameplay for everyone involved. There needs to be change soon.

No offense man, but you're clearly talking out of your ass. If you knew the amount of paperwork people in PD/SD do you wouldn't be saying they don't care about RP. There are even some people which get memed on for just doing paperwork, if you think that ''They all think its just pointing guns and chases and they cry OOCly every time they lose.'' then it very easly tells me to disregard whatever opinion you have on any matter regarding law enforcement, not because of any personal reasons, but because you're just factually wrong.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Braxton_Smith said:

And ya, we have super cars. We went through hell to get them and you should too. They weren't just handed to us. They were earned through High Risk / Low Reward situations. 

Ah yes most of the supercars in circulation right now were totally earned and not all given by Blatniak when he quit. Very true!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HobGoblin said:

Most of the super cars people see are the one's given by Blatniak before he left the server. I guess you have no idea what you're on about.

I seen people get banned for RWT for temporarily giving drags to friends while they take breaks (rental etc even) so they can repair etc.. but then Blat transferred his supers like whaa 😮 then you had people who's crim characters were new and just a few months old driving around supers and some even owning them

Edited by CalvinKlein

12 hours ago, ClankH said:

Ah yes most of the supercars in circulation right now were totally earned and not all given by Blatniak when he quit. Very true!

Agree with you bro, but didn't you recently get a gas station for free as well ? (or at least not auctioned for the public ) and a new gas station just popped out of nowhere owned by yourself, when they cost so much to buy nowadays

Edited by CalvinKlein
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

Agree with you bro, but didn't you recently get a gas station for free as well ? (or at least not auctioned for the public ) and a new gas station just popped out of nowhere owned by yourself, when they cost so much to buy nowadays

true

Just now, Qiang said:

true

8 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/viewtopic.php?f=641&t=70857

• NAY 1

10 minutes ago, HobGoblin said:
11 minutes ago, Qiang said:

true

18 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/viewtopic.php?f=641&t=70857

I didn't know about this but I am confused is this is true about gun store price 17 k for pistol 50 like WTFF

23 hours ago, Cyrus Raven said:

No offense man, but you're clearly talking out of your ass. If you knew the amount of paperwork people in PD/SD do you wouldn't be saying they don't care about RP. There are even some people which get memed on for just doing paperwork, if you think that ''They all think its just pointing guns and chases and they cry OOCly every time they lose.'' then it very easly tells me to disregard whatever opinion you have on any matter regarding law enforcement, not because of any personal reasons, but because you're just factually wrong.

lol this man has me dead "if you knew how much paperwork we do" bro you literally do a fill in the blank, crash course worksheet and think you're employed for some sophisticated agency, this response is EXACTLY the problem. This isn't an opinion on law enforcement, it is an opinion based off of a bunch of dudes who pretend to be cops on a video game in their free time and get away with too much which personally ruins the game for not only myself but countless others. Personally, I've experienced LEO RP and I actually really like it, I have nothing against it. And the fact that I stated my opinion and instead of critiquing it, you power trip and try to personally attack me shows exactly where LEO RP is on this server. Lmfao, his point was "we do paperwork so we deserve to act the way we do." I'm not here to argue or anything. I just believe that you guys should be held accountable just as much as us. It's hard making money on this server and there are few who luckily got it handed to them but for the majority this is false. Thanks for taking the time to reply though, as much as I disagree with you, you're opinion still matters. And yes, I have not met one person in the PD who has attempted RP once (EXCEPT the one who pulled me over for going 2 over the limit). They pull their gun out and escalate the situation to either a pursuit or a gunfight every time which gets boring because if I wanted to play on a cops and robbers server I would go to a cops and robbers server. At the end of the day, there needs to be more accountability for police and this is a known fact. Nobody here is "factually" wrong. This forum post is filled with opinions 🤣

16 minutes ago, Braxton_Smith said:

lol this man has me dead "if you knew how much paperwork we do" bro you literally do a fill in the blank, crash course worksheet and think you're employed for some sophisticated agency, this response is EXACTLY the problem. This isn't an opinion on law enforcement, it is an opinion based off of a bunch of dudes who pretend to be cops on a video game in their free time and get away with too much which personally ruins the game for not only myself but countless others. Personally, I've experienced LEO RP and I actually really like it, I have nothing against it. And the fact that I stated my opinion and instead of critiquing it, you power trip and try to personally attack me shows exactly where LEO RP is on this server. Lmfao, his point was "we do paperwork so we deserve to act the way we do." I'm not here to argue or anything. I just believe that you guys should be held accountable just as much as us. It's hard making money on this server and there are few who luckily got it handed to them but for the majority this is false. Thanks for taking the time to reply though, as much as I disagree with you, you're opinion still matters. And yes, I have not met one person in the PD who has attempted RP once (EXCEPT the one who pulled me over for going 2 over the limit). They pull their gun out and escalate the situation to either a pursuit or a gunfight every time which gets boring because if I wanted to play on a cops and robbers server I would go to a cops and robbers server. At the end of the day, there needs to be more accountability for police and this is a known fact. Nobody here is "factually" wrong. This forum post is filled with opinions 🤣

This point was made to directly refute your statement ''I haven't met one PD member interested in RP at all or so it seems. They all think its just pointing guns and chases and they cry OOCly every time they lose.''

In other words, claiming PD ''think its just pointing guns and chases'' is factually wrong, proven by the fact that most of these players spend a large amount of time in their roleplay, both in-game and through the government website in form of paperwork, crime reports, impound reports, etc... I do not care to engage with any points you have when you can't even stick to the facts when trying to critique an entire segment of the player base.

Likewise, I wouldn't expect anyone to take me or anyone else seriously if I replied to a thread about the state of criminal RP saying ''All criminals want is to drive supers and shoot people'' instead of giving a well thought out reply, at a certain point you are so far removed from reality that the better option is to brush aside your opinion and move on. 

Edited by Cyrus Raven

I will quote Osborn's topic about the state of ECRP and I want everyone to read it and then take another look at this topic that everyone seems to be engaged with. 

05/DEC/2020

The State of Eclipse Roleplay

We've reached a point where the general environment on the server is often unhealthy. Certain groups of players focus on low quality 'shooter' gameplay - where their "roleplay" primarily consists of engaging in shootouts with other players or other miscellaneous action roleplay. We've also noticed an increase in "win" mentality - using the fastest cars/bikes, using cars that are affected by broken game mechanics (FPS dependent cars) in order to win situations. We've also noticed an increased in "ruleplay" a term which is not properly defined, but one that describes a player that deters from immersion and realism to play by the border of the rules.