Copperhorse

Hold LEO factions to the same risk / reward Non-RP standards that criminals are held to.

5 minutes ago, mikebumbum said:

this right here is a perfect example of the pure biased actions. Should I be able to line up water bottles while im chasing criminals as the game mechanics cause them to stall cars? 

Or is it only allowed because you are police and we are criminals. It's abusing game mechanics which happens often from PD but no one blinks an eye.

Your statement only makes sense if we agree that blockades being hit at high-speeds should have little to no impact on vehicles, that's our point of contention right now....

My offer still stands though:

''https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YumE2IxsgHg [Graphic Warning] - As you can see the vehicle loses control after hitting the sidewalk, keep in mind the speed of the vehicle is a lot slower than the speeds seen in Eclipse. So next time you think about doing any curb boosting or cutting corners through sidewalks during chases, I expect you to uphold the same standard of realism you are demanding. If you agree to this then I will accept the ''issue'' with the barriers.''

If you are willingly to admit and avoid ever going on a sidewalk while traveling at a reasonable speed due to the realistic effect it would have on your car (namely causing it to crash) then I will concede that barriers shouldn't be placed. Although I'm sure we will gloss over this again 🙂

Edited by Cyrus Raven

3 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

You're right man I must have skipped that Physics 101 class where Professor Bob said water bottles and plants have the same impact as big wooden blockades. My bad g

Police_Barricade_Wood.200.jpg

This is what one of those barriers look like they are made to stop people from walking not driving it would fall apart as soon as impact happened as its a piece of wood in slots held by more wood.

In real life these would slow your car a little sure but it wouldnt be destroyed like what you saw youd be able to go right through it just like a water bottle. but on this game it stalls your car just like a water bottle does. Please tell me the difference ill be waiting.

Just now, mikebumbum said:

This is what one of those barriers look like they are made to stop people from walking not driving it would fall apart as soon as impact happened as its a piece of wood in slots held by more wood.

In real life these would slow your car a little sure but it wouldnt be destroyed like what you saw youd be able to go right through it just like a water bottle. but on this game it stalls your car just like a water bottle does. Please tell me the difference ill be waiting.

...you realize the reason we use these over the other proper ones is because the other ones kill you, right ? In other words, we use these ones because there is no other choice...

2 minutes ago, mikebumbum said:

Keep waiting  Mike, he might even link another irrelevant car crash video 

Just now, Cyrus Raven said:

...you realize the reason we use these over the other proper ones is because the other ones kill you, right ? In other words, we use these ones because there is no other choice...

There is another choice follow the car till it runs out of gas or crashes from driving fast.... or LOSE THE SITUATION. its okay to lose just like crims do you can too. PD effectively ruined his RP by abusing this to win. You feeling you had no other choice shows the mentality that its impossible to lose

1 minute ago, mikebumbum said:

There is another choice follow the car till it runs out of gas or crashes from driving fast.... or LOSE THE SITUATION. its okay to lose just like crims do you can too. PD effectively ruined his RP by abusing this to win. You feeling you had no other choice shows the mentality that its impossible to lose

Or option two, use a plethora of tactics (XRAY, Blockades, High-Speed, etc...) to stop a criminal. 

You know, if all you want is to limit PD to only being able to drive after someone you can just come out and say it, it would be a lot simpler than trying to argue that police shouldn't use roadblocks 🤣 all because people drive down off-ramps like maniacs at 200km/h+ and are then unable to react in time to prevent a crash. But hey, PD is the one with the realism issues.

Just now, Cyrus Raven said:

Or option two, use a plethora of tactics (XRAY, Blockades, High-Speed, etc...) to stop a criminal. 

You know, if all you want is to limit PD to only being able to drive after someone you can just come out and say it, it would be a lot simpler than trying to argue that police shouldn't use roadblocks 🤣 all because people drive down off-ramps like maniacs at 200km/h+ and are then unable to react in time to prevent a crash. But hey, PD is the one with the realism issues.

it's people like you who will make sure the other half of the server never has fun and it shows not gonna argue with you on every topic because you can't just admit you play to win and its fine. Enjoy your physics class

1 hour ago, givejoshamosin said:

I was going to report this, but then I thought that there would be no point as I feel like no one will be held accountable for it, due to the admins responses I got.

We were in a 15 minute pursuit with Blix and Steele and the rest of the LSPD, which was honestly extremely fun however PD always take it that step to far where they NEED to win.

We had noticed them setting up these wooden barriers along the highways which they claim are destructible but 99% of the time they just stall the cars.

https://imgur.com/a/wRPVmo1

We managed to dodge most of them, and finally finesse Steele and Blix when they crash into another cruiser head on, as we go to escape where we would of most likely got free after we lost the 811 behind us, we were greeted by wooden barriers that would of quite easily been destroyed and rammed through in real life. Instead LSPD decided to abuse the fact that they are indestructible so that we would stall. It would be much more realistic if they at least left gaps to make up for the fact that the wooden barriers are indestructible, instead I feel like they took advantage of a bug abuse and PG'd the whole situation. 

https://streamable.com/qbot7e

When I /report 4'd in game I was greeted by a PD admin who basically told me nah, and didn't even offer to redo the situation. 

https://imgur.com/a/KYr5lQ5

I must admit, it was a fun chase, however PD had to win once again just so they could put a crim in prison for two hours.

https://imgur.com/a/UMNTVGh

Hopefully we can see a big change in what I feel is a big bias towards PD, sooner rather than later.

So.. you purposefully drive recklessly into an area with an exorbitant speed without having visual of what you're approaching, crashing into (quite easily) breakable barriers and when colliding with them you do not roleplay any kind of injury from the crash but attempt to run and climb down without any kind of trouble.

But PD putting barriers down is "need to win" and "powergaming"? I'm honestly curious as to how you're approaching this from a neutral RP perspective.

Speaking from a realistic roleplay perspective: shouldn't you have slowed down if you're not approaching a point of which you do not have visual information as realistically there could have been plenty of other cars there? Shouldn't you have been trying to avoid hitting said barriers? Shouldn't you have visually roleplayed any kind of physical impact from the crash?

3 minutes ago, mikebumbum said:

Quite literally I thought we were beat and I was fine with going to prison because it was my choice to felony evade, when we saw Lowrey and Burnett crash behind us after chasing us for 15 mins in their 811 like something out of a Bad Boys movie, a glimmer of hope appeared and it was soon shattered by the abuse of the barrier that were out there with the intent to stall the car. 

If you didn’t know crim life is extremely tough right now and we’re trying to improve it with fairness to everyone, hence why i suggested leaving gaps at least in the barricade, that way it’s a 50/50 chance. Even still, you having an 811 on us that was clearly catching up with us all the time and a helicopter above us, also every cop in the city chasing us wasn’t good enough for LSPD. 

6 minutes ago, Roderick said:

So.. you purposefully drive recklessly into an area with an exorbitant speed without having visual of what you're approaching, crashing into (quite easily) breakable barriers and when colliding with them you do not roleplay any kind of injury from the crash but attempt to run and climb down without any kind of trouble.

But PD putting barriers down is "need to win" and "powergaming"? I'm honestly curious as to how you're approaching this from a neutral RP perspective.

Speaking from a realistic roleplay perspective: shouldn't you have slowed down if you're not approaching a point of which you do not have visual information as realistically there could have been plenty of other cars there? Shouldn't you have been trying to avoid hitting said barriers? Shouldn't you have visually roleplayed any kind of physical impact from the crash?

Did the cops role play any injuries from the crash? I hate to bring blix and Steele into this as I quite like them and their RP is of good quality, but since you want to talk about “role playing injuries” how did they promptly arrive at the scene after crashing head on with a cruiser at 200+? Sounds like insta death to me if we’re being realistic. 

oh yeah maybe I should act like there’s loads of cars on the highway, I’ll just post on my ban appeal that “I wasn’t swerving, I was just RPing that there’s traffic in the road”

Edited by givejoshamosin

2 minutes ago, mikebumbum said:

it's people like you who will make sure the other half of the server never has fun and it shows not gonna argue with you on every topic because you can't just admit you play to win and its fine. Enjoy your physics class

Firstly, I don't need to defend my RP record with you or anyone else, ask around and you'll find out. Secondly, don't give me this ''you can't just admit you play to win and its fine'' BS. Guess what, everyone wants to win, it's human nature and don't consider that a bad thing. Just like I'm sure you wouldn't consider any of your fellow gang members ''playing to win'' when they try their best to win a gun-fight or escape a chase. Where this becomes an issue is when it is done outside of the rules or borders on powergaming. (AKA Me invalidating a bunch of /do questions with shitty excuses to avoid RP and such).

So I will ''admit'' it. I do play to win, but I would like to think I do it within the confines of the rules and protocols given to me. 

P.S. Let me know when you want to answer the sidewalk question, nice job trying to avoid it, I'm sure inconsistencies hurt to think about.

1 minute ago, givejoshamosin said:

Did the cops role play any injuries from the crash? I hate to bring blix and Steele into this as I quite like them and their RP is of good quality, but since you want to talk about “role playing injuries” how did they promptly arrive at the scene after crashing head on with a cruiser at 200+? Sounds like insta death to me if we’re being realistic. 

oh yeah maybe I should act like there’s loads of cars on the highway, I’ll just post on my ban appeal that “I wasn’t swerving, I was just RPing that there’s traffic in the road”

they were also shooting at the car on the highway going 220 when the 811 shot no shots at them lol but its fine no point in arguing with the almighty pd faction

1 minute ago, givejoshamosin said:

So even in your own opinion you admit the situation was at the very minimum poor roleplay from both sides yet you only hop on to the forums when it's a situation you lose and without any regard to your own very, very poor display of roleplay and immersion. 

If you honestly feel like there should be any kind of change; it starts with yourself. Pointing fingers while contributing to the very same problem yourself is not going to help anything or anyone - it will only frustrate yourself.

1 minute ago, IAmTurtle said:

We only use the blue barriers because we cant scriptly use the other ones due to them being indestructible. 

read what we said rather then just reiterating a useless answer it makes 0 sense to use wood barriers to stall a car just because these arent fully indestructible does not mean its not abuse

Edited by mikebumbum

Just now, Roderick said:

So even in your own opinion you admit the situation was at the very minimum poor roleplay from both sides yet you only hop on to the forums when it's a situation you lose and without any regard to your own very, very poor display of roleplay and immersion. 

If you honestly feel like there should be any kind of change; it starts with yourself. Pointing fingers while contributing to the very same problem yourself is not going to help anything or anyone - it will only frustrate yourself.

What are you talking about, no one, no one in the server role plays that there’s traffic in the road, and 90% of the server doesn’t roleplay injuries at all ( Probably even higher than 90%).

Do me a favour, don’t come here trying to argue and waste my time, some of us are tired of seeing crims banned for shit LSPD can get away with, even crims in enemy gangs. It’s tiring, and quite frankly have fun arresting New Players because it’s people like you who make us crims disheartened to even play.

3 minutes ago, mikebumbum said:

read what we said rather then just reiterating a useless answer it makes 0 sense to use wood barriers to stall a car just because these arent fully indestructible does not mean its not abuse

I did. and i gave my statement. i don't know why you have to be so aggressive. 

Just now, IAmTurtle said:

I did. and i gave my statement. i don't know why you have to be so aggressive. 

because crims are frustrated and starting to not have fun anymore in general and its a mixture of things. 

meanwhile we try to explain why we arent having fun and every PD member comes into every thread to put down everything we say its getting to the point where most of us choose not to login

6 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

We only use the blue barriers because we cant scriptly use the other ones due to them being indestructible. 

See guys it’s fine, imma just go stock up on water bottles from malgoodies and place them everywhere because there’s only a 50/50 chance it’s going to stall cars and injure someone. Even though my intention is to clearly stall someone, I’m going to be wilfully ignorant and use plausible deniability to make it look like it wasn’t on purpose.

1 minute ago, mikebumbum said:

because crims are frustrated and starting to not have fun anymore in general and its a mixture of things. 

meanwhile we try to explain why we arent having fun and every PD member comes into every thread to put down everything we say its getting to the point where most of us choose not to login

Bruh, did you read my initial responses to this thread ? There are absolutely things that can be improved in PD side, this ain't it chief. In fact, it's these types of posts that distract everyone from legitimate points being made since we then have to spend time trying to explain basic stuff that shouldn't even be an issue.

• NAY 1

3 minutes ago, givejoshamosin said:

Even though my intention is to clearly stall someone, I’m going to be wilfully ignorant and use plausible deniability to make it look like it wasn’t on purpose.

the propose of placing barriers is to stall you out. if the road ones were not indestructible we would be using those instead but we can not due to scripts.

Just now, IAmTurtle said:

the propose of placing barriers is to stall you out. if the road ones were not indestructible we would be using those instead but we can not due to scripts.

even the road ones arent to stop moving cars irl ... its too warn traffic that something is happening there and not to cross like what

13 minutes ago, givejoshamosin said:

See guys it’s fine, imma just go stock up on water bottles from malgoodies and place them everywhere because there’s only a 50/50 chance it’s going to stall cars and injure someone. Even though my intention is to clearly stall someone, I’m going to be wilfully ignorant and use plausible deniability to make it look like it wasn’t on purpose.

A car has two pedals (three if manual), maybe ease up on the gas and learn what a break pedal is ? 

Q7wt4DB.png

I guess this has to be said again in simple terms. PD uses wood barriers because SCRIPTLY the proper barriers are bugged and indestructible. These barriers ARE suppose to slow down/stop cars depending on the speed (as they would in real life if you plow through one at 200km/h). The main purpose would be for players to see them and stop, giving up or attempting a u-turn. Should they have been programmed to act more realistically ? Sure. Are they very unrealistic to the point is is game breaking ? No.

You want to avoid them ? Don't be predictable, anticipate what's ahead (i.e Don't yeet yourself off an off-ramp at 200km/h...) or maybe, just stop, you don't need to win every chase, it's ok to stop the car and give up.

Edited by Cyrus Raven

14 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

A car has two pedals (three if manual), maybe ease up on the gas and learn what a break pedal is ? 

Q7wt4DB.png

I guess this has to be said again in simple terms. PD uses wood barriers because SCRIPTLY the proper barriers are bugged and indestructible. These barriers ARE suppose to slow down/stop cars depending on the speed (as they would in real life if you plow through one at 200km/h). The main purpose would be for players to see them and stop, giving up or attempting a u-turn. Should they have been programmed to act more realistically ? Sure. Are they very unrealistic to the point is is game breaking ? No.

You want to avoid them ? Don't be predictable, anticipate what's ahead (i.e Don't yeet yourself off an off-ramp at 200km/h...) or maybe, just stop, you don't need to win every chase, it's ok to stop the car and give up.

Crims often DO stop the car and give up, whether it's PD or enemy criminals, because one thing we know is how to take an L.

Here's a clip of crims realising their luck has run out and what do you know? We took the L. Notice how we didn't start malding and abusing bugs/doing NonRP actions simply to win! https://streamable.com/yo24l

It's honestly pointless arguing with any of you because you all refuse to see the clear bias and advantage that you have. Its fine doe, keep going and maybe soon there won't be any crims left on the server for you to catch!

Smiley Face Sunglasses Thumbs Up Emoji Meme Face" iPad Case & Skin by  obviouslogic | Redbubble

• Like 5