Chrisy

Operable Payphones

Hey, as a player who has been a criminal from day one on the server I would like to introduce the thought off payphones.

I myself am normally a wanted criminal so using my phone isn't the safest thing to do. I think the ability to use payphones around the map to call people would be a great addition. It could also increase work for detectives attempting to find wanted criminals using payphones.

Nothing else here to really add so yea let me know your thoughts.

Chrisy-1553391597706.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

The suggestion is fairly simple but I think it can be a nice feature that can be used in several situations.

• Payphones scattered around the city which can be used to make phone calls (command would be /payphone #numberToBeContacted)
  • The callee's mobile would ring with an unknown number (PP-##)
  • Payphones are anonymous, however PD/SD can figure out the location of the payphone used
  • Optional: People can call payphones using their mobiles (using the IDs like PP-14) and nearby players to the payphone will be notified and anybody can pick it up (/do *** The Payphone would start ringing *** ((To answer /answer PP-9)) )

PROS:

it can be a very cool feature in so many situations that require anonymity such as:

• A gang member relaying information to Law Enforcement while keeping his identity hidden
  • Delivering threats (can be used to pit gangs against each other)
  • Doing illegal work while trying to not leave a trail behind

CONS:

• Development effort and it's not critical
  • May be used to troll
Edited by Amaim
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

If this gets implemented it should cost you something like 100 dollars a minute, maybe even more to try and avoid anyone using it for trolling purposes.

Donators could get a slight perk in this where they pay less.

Could be ideal for calling a taxi when your phones dead? 

Also calling 911 should still give your name due to the fact to avoid any influx of people being silly behind this feature

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.