Chebbidy

Mobile Drug Labs / My Opinions

Hi.

I feel like this has been said time and time again, however, I wanted to offer my take on the suggestion below and give some general suggestions of how this could be formatted.

Context

Since switching from crim to a legal character (Sheriff's Department) a couple weeks back, I've noticed the following points stand out as far as Legal v Crim goes;

• People call the cops on drug labs that they can't cook at out of spite. The drug labs don't regenerate for hours and hours thus killing RP for both sides. Legal factions have no calls to respond to because of decreased activity up north and crim financial gain is very limited to the point where they resort to robbing each other in the city.
  • SD are very reluctant to discover drug labs. This is because we know they don't regenerate for hours and the reason for discovering the drug lab could be very very petty such as a new player calling the police on large gangs operating at labs.
  • Crims are at a FAR BIGGER advantage with the following punishments; financial loss, long prison sentences and RP limitations. I already know what you're thinking - "Crims shouldn't commit crimes if they don't want the long sentences" - Imagine from both sides how flat the RP potential could be if there were no crims actively committing crimes. For all law enforcement RPers, have you never felt that the city was far too quiet and boring?

Overall I believe the implemention of mobile drug labs would propose the following benefits;

More depth to the RP of smaller gangs and more potential of growth. At this moment in there is not a lot of growth opportunities for smaller gangs due to sanctions added by larger gangs. If smaller gangs had the opportunity to chip together and purchase drug lab equipment you would have several different responsibilities as such.

Imagine the following benefits to RP for both sides;

Dwayne, Ed and Michael decide that the legal route isn't for them. They decide to make some quick cash in the shadows of larger gangs. They all band together and chip in what they have, amounting up to 150k+. They are relatively new players so getting caught at a static lab would be financially and morally crippling for them. They make some Meth on the stove at Dwayne's apartment after purchasing some chemicals from a drop off point.

• Ed's job is to drive the Phantom that he already had to and from the supply store located near the Foundry.
  • Dwayne's house is ALL THE WAY up north near Paleto, he has a trailer that he purchased to protect him from being discovered by police.
  • Michael's job is to cook. It takes 8 in game hours to cook one batch (2 real life hours) which provides them with $22,000 for a full cook.
  • The labs are expensive, so once Dwayne, Michael and Ed have enough money, they can buy another lab. However, they will need additional gang members to help them cook these drugs, establishing a financial foothold.
  • Now Ed, Dwayne and Michael know that their drug equipment is not up to the same standard as the established drug labs located around the map. Whilst their cook is on the stove, they head to the static labs to try and make some cash. It is risky business as other gangs know the locations too.
  • Whilst they are at the static lab, the cook begins to burn as they've been away from their house for a long period of time.
  • IB gets a notification through OOC means (similar to ammo drops) notifying them of a strange chemical coming from a property. They raid the house and dismantle the drug lab. (This would provide responsibilities and care to the people operating the labs, presenting a risk but not overpowering mobile labs meaning people don't just AFK cook overnight.)
  • Now Ed, Dwayne and Michael notice the price of drugs driving down due to competition in the area (3 drug drop offs around the map that fluctuate in price depending on how many labs are selling in the vicinity.) so they gear up to go and take down a rival gang's drug lab that their new prospect Oscar had been scouting out.
  • Different cooks require different materials. You can set the purity of the cook which takes considerably longer and overall price of the drug increases/decreases depending on the time it takes to cook.

Locationally, we could have the following;

Chemical Depot; (Drug Materials are sold here. The pricier the sell, the more expensive the ingredients.)

unknown.png?width=830&height=467

unknown.png?width=665&height=467

So how would the following benefit current roleplay?;

• Smaller gangs would have a chance to commit to a higher level of discreet financial gains, while allowing the bigger gangs to control static locations.
  • More care and consideration would be applied when driving into HQs mid-pursuit (this is something we see happen regularly.)
  • More RP and conflict between gangs that might be pumping out large drug volumes (contest for better pricing in their locations. It's like turfs really.)
  • More RP prospectives and potential for gangs as an overall (to have people as dedicated cooks, runners etc.)
  • To give PD and SD more in-depth rp, whilst maintaining action at the static locations. More danger and hunger to actively bust drug labs and give IB more to get their teeth into.
  • Hopefully with this introduction new players would be allowed financial gain rather than being stuck at static locations where the OOC risk of long hours in jail and huge financial loss is present. They also face suppression from bigger gangs before they're allowed to get a foothold within the server. Most being demoralised within the first couple of weeks due to large scale robberies of their firearms.

Please let me know your thoughts and comments on this post. I wanted to share an idea and a sort of work flow as to how I think things would work better.

Chebbidy

• Like 15
  • Upvote 4

+1 from me.

Only issue I may have with this suggestion is having a single supply point, leaving it as a serious criminal camping ground for those who have a bit more power than others. While it does provoke RP in some situation, it degrades it in others. The supply points should be in multiples, that way, Ed sees a group of cars sitting at the supply store, so he either decides to take the risk and go in to buy his supplies, or he takes a detour and heads to another store. Yes, he can still be followed, intercepted, or they could be camping there too, but much like the drug drop-offs, it adds an extra point of "which way did he go?", which is nice. 

Besides that, I like the idea of stepping away from the "public" drug labs and going into a much more discreet cooking situation, where you know you CAN get caught by the cops, because they're not OOCly trying to avoid the area. As a criminal, you gather the mindset that SD and PD aren't supposed to enter the drug labs under any circumstances unless they've recently encountered someone, and that causes a lot of issues when it comes to Criminal interaction with law enforcement. PD and SD actively being able to search for the drug labs would definitely be an improvement on the RP overall.

Edited by InvalidSun
  • Upvote 1

+1to this from a first read through, 

Only area I disagree with is the static supply point, this should be dynamic and say ordered from a laptop or other means etc. If it were static it would be targeted. 

If it was to be ordered via the laptop, this passively increases the roleplay and relations between smaller and bigger gangs. As other gangs who do not have access to said supply fund would have to make a contact through roleplay instead of a script vendor. 

The whole drug lab system needs more player to player interaction if we aim to further progress criminal rp. 

+1

This is a very well thought suggestion and I do not disagree with anything here.

On 2/2/2020 at 4:45 PM, CallumMontie said:

Only area I disagree with is the static supply point, this should be dynamic and say ordered from a laptop or other means etc. If it were static it would be targeted. 

I highly disagree with this as you're making factions that have laptops more stronger than ever leaving smaller gangs who don't have laptop access coming to people who have and getting them for higher price. 

Everything that was said in the suggestion is better as it make things more equal.

5 hours ago, Architer said:

+1

This is a very well thought suggestion and I do not disagree with anything here.

I highly disagree with this as you're making factions that have laptops more stronger than ever leaving smaller gangs who don't have laptop access coming to people who have and getting them for higher price. 

Everything that was said in the suggestion is better as it make things more equal.

Not everything in life is fair.

The gangs who have been here long, worked hard to earn their place and provided the server with rp they deemed worthy of an official faction should receive a reward over any new gangs that forms. 

In no world does it make sense that a new gang has access to the same level of supplies etc as a gang that has been formed for months. 

Everything being equal will lead to no competition, which is one of the main things people complain about already. Limiting access creates competition and is better for generating natural progression and rp. 

It's an economy of scale, you would never see a corner boy buying directly from a distro.

Drug Runner > Drug Dealer > Drug Supplier > Drug Distributor. - Runners being smaller gangs, suppliers being the large gangs. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

Everything being equal will lead to no competition, which is one of the main things people complain about already. Limiting access creates competition and is better for generating natural progression and rp. 

The thing is that, everybody that has been on this server for a long time already has the advantage of money. Large factions such as Zetas, Triads, Rooks, WCA have members that has been in the city for a long time and with that, they are able to get more than little gangs could.

26 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

Drug Runner > Drug Dealer > Drug Supplier > Drug Distributor. - Runners being smaller gangs, suppliers being the large gangs. 

This is true and I also agree with this and I agree that there shouldn't be static labs but giving access to official factions is the thing that I don't agree with.

There may be another solution for this but I don't have anything in mind, but when I think of it, what you're saying is true.

Edited by Architer
  • Like 1

+1 to the idea but I do have one concern.

The ONLY way PD/SD would know there is a drug lab is when they go afk? Or leave the cook on the stove and it starts burning? That is OP. Imagine gangs having drug labs at their hideouts, cooking 24/7 that would be hella profit. That would just increase inflation and would kill the server. I would love that we could think and come up with more means that law enforcement would be able to discover these labs through other means.

For example, while cooking there is a chance that a cook might fail about 3% and it would create an explosion which will notify PD OOCly about it. You would have to quickly pack up and leave or leave your 20k cooking equipment there for PD to claim. "packing up your drug lab should have a progress bar with a timer about 3-5 minutes." Your gang should have KOS for PD that decides to arrive on scene and LEAVES HIS VEHICLE with one goal in mind is to raid and neutralize the lab and every member in it. Since an RP was initiated with the OOC call that happened with the explosion. "IRL if such incident happens I believe a gang would fight to death to atleast have one goal of escape" Criminals can surrender or leave their equipment and flee. 

Edited by Philo
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.