Chebbidy

Mobile Drug Labs / My Opinions

1 hour ago, CallumMontie said:

Not everything in life is fair.

The gangs who have been here long, worked hard to earn their place and provided the server with rp they deemed worthy of an official faction should receive a reward over any new gangs that forms. 

In no world does it make sense that a new gang has access to the same level of supplies etc as a gang that has been formed for months. 

Everything being equal will lead to no competition, which is one of the main things people complain about already. Limiting access creates competition and is better for generating natural progression and rp. 

It's an economy of scale, you would never see a corner boy buying directly from a distro.

Drug Runner > Drug Dealer > Drug Supplier > Drug Distributor. - Runners being smaller gangs, suppliers being the large gangs. 

Very well said.

16 minutes ago, Philo said:

+1 to the idea but I do have one concern.

The ONLY way PD/SD would know there is a drug lab is when they go afk? Or leave the cook on the stove and it starts burning? That is OP. Imagine gangs having drug labs at their hideouts, cooking 24/7 that would be hella profit. That would just increase inflation and would kill the server. I would love that we could think and come up with more means that law enforcement would be able to discover these labs through other means.

For example, while cooking there is a chance that a cook might fail about 3% and it would create an explosion which will notify PD OOCly about it. You would have to quickly pack up and leave or leave your 20k cooking equipment there for PD to claim. "packing up your drug lab should have a progress bar with a timer about 3-5 minutes." Your gang should have KOS for PD that decides to arrive on scene and LEAVES HIS VEHICLE with one goal in mind is to raid and neutralize the lab and every member in it. Since an RP was initiated with the OOC call that happened with the explosion. "IRL if such incident happens I believe a gang would fight to death to atleast have one goal of escape" Criminals can surrender or leave their equipment and flee. 

I suggest a generated text in the perimeter by the server like **A strong marijuanna smell would be present** or something similar. This way no one would just use a random house in the middle of the city and there would be a chance of getting ratted out/raided.

10 minutes ago, Amaim said:

I suggest a generated text in the perimeter by the server like **A strong marijuanna smell would be present** or something similar. This way no one would just use a random house in the middle of the city and there would be a chance of getting ratted out/raided.

I highly support this idea. PLUS the one I made. Also not all drugs should have strong smell. Only drugs that are expensive should have a strong smell. Also the smell msg should not appear in chatbox text. It should appear on the bottom of your screen like the /ame so there can be a chance that a cop would not notice the smell. ALSO cops should be trained on such smells. RPly or IRL I would walk by a drug lab not knowing how it would smell as I don't do drugs. So in academies they should give them a sample plant or something and RP learning the smell. SO that would be a very strong RP approach to such addition.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chris Bluestone said:

There need some kinda change but I don’t if this suggestion is the best one maybe some of things are good but in the end we need something new to do . This thing is boring asf 🤷‍♂️

I mean generally criticizing something is not gonna fix it. Put in what is boring and what is not right in this suggestion so a conclusion of best ideas could be concluded. Saying "this thing is boring asf" is neither gonna benefit me, nor you or the whole community. I would appreciate it if you would just state what exactly is boring in points and how you think it could be fixed.

Random notifications to PD/SD are extremely frustrating, I have experienced them myself first hand with weapon imports and it’s horrible. You do absolutely nothing wrong and get fucked over. I do not want this kind of system with druglabs aswell. It is absolutely not impossible for police to find out locations as you are trying to make it look, @Philo. How about some actually interesting RP for the IB of PD instead of them just being handfed dumb notifications. It has happened numerous times in the past where snitches have appeared in organisations. This is one way detectives could learn locations of druglabs. Another would be by following vehicles and stalking them. Once enough evidence is collected, they could assemble a SWAT team and raid a house. All of these are cool and fair venues for RP, criminal and police alike. This way, if my druglab gets raided I know I fucked up and either got snitched or was not careful enough covering my tracks. It isn’t like right now where I couldn’t help it whatsoever. Getting a random notification that says “druglab here” is not RP.

TL;DR please dont add more random chance mechanics that are extremely frustrating and offer no interesting RP.

• Like 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.