LeftSharkie

Make IDs an Actual Item

Suggestion is simple. Make IDs an item in your inventory like for example a GPS.

In case you die, your old ID object is despawned within the next 12 hours to give you a chance to do any RP that you wanted using that person's ID. For example, break someone out of prison by posing as a security guard, and using his ID. I dont think it would be realistic to use someone else's ID your entire life, so theres no point in keeping it. 

If your ID is stolen, you can buy a new one at DMV for a set price. Lets say 1k. Your old one does not de-spawn until you die, but it becomes invalid, as the LSPD/LSSD records would show he got a new ID, and old one was stolen. 

Edit 1: The ID which they will be stealing is basically your /licenses. This can include Firearms Permit, Driver's License, Trucker's License etc.

The only reason it has not been implemented is because of loopholes, so if you spot any with this method comment down below.

Edited by LeftSharkie
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I think it's a good idea, but i think it should only become an item if someone wants to take it from you.

I can't see going to get a license from DMV being useful the amount of times some people die, however, I feel like it should stay tagged to you until a criminal does /takelicense from you. Then it becomes an actual object.

Don't know if I explained that correctly but w/e

• Like 4

I would love to see this being implemented! Also, if you have fingerprints and mugshots taken, by scanning your fingerprints lets say - it would automatically direct the officer to the MDC name that matches it. I would love to see this being a physical item, especially, if it comes out with the inventory update that NBDY has been leaking on Discord and it has its own slot!

• Like 2

+1 overall, cash can also be an actual item as well. Also there multiple items to improve RP. Cigarettes can be an actual item that can also affect the duration of running if you smoke and not just run non-spot as it is now and/or also phones

Edited by AEEKAY

+1

I get it, there's no photo on the ID/license but you can roleplay and /do Would the picture in the ID look like you more or less? and other detailed RP.

The suggestion as it is right now needs some improvements from the devs.

I think that 12h is good if you can report it as stolen at PD/SD/DMV and get a new one in 1h-ish after you died.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Like 1

+1

This could also be done in text to make it easier, but physical item would be best 

/Takelicense [ID] - takes the victims ID 
/Showlicense [ID] (license #) Show one of the license' you have to the target ID.

Others are suggesting that you still wouldn't have your license after death. That would be a massive -1 for me if that's the case.
You should receive a new license automatically when arriving at pillbox on re-spawn. 

11 hours ago, TreMetal said:

Considering how badly phone battery and haircut is abused by players on this server I do not think it is a particularly great idea.

Also generally IDs have a photo of the person, so using someone elses ID who doesn't look like you is really silly.

I actually agree with this. If ID's became a thing, it would add to the list that would get robbed/abused for no reason during a robbery. I don't see any real perks of having someone's ID either. Alot of people have alias's and fake ID's can only be used to shown to others. You can't break into prison with a fake ID, you would need  a badge. Not sure if this is thought through well, -1 for me. Plus the size of SADOC, all the staff know each other.

Plus if I rob someones ID then tried to use it to buy guns, it would show the photographic ID as not being the same as the person so you wouldn't get served anyway. What would be a better suggestion is the ability to import or make fake ID's.  Fake ID's to be then used with your actual photo but a fake name, so you could do /showflicense (showfalselicense) to whoever.

Edited by DrizzyDre

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.