Pertinax

Active Shooting -> No Ramming

So my suggestion here is a simple add-on rule to the Non RP.

Shootouts are fun, Not going to denied it but what it takes the fun away completely is getting ran over by a Kamacho or even a comet.
For me these type of actions are far from reality and takes the fun away during a shoot out.
Realistically everyone pulls out of their vehicles and gets cover behind them. Instead of going 150 KM/H and go on a ram spree just to Win the shoot out.

So my suggestion is not allowing to ran over people when a shoot out starts. Instead, fear for your life, get cover, return fire, make the scene FUN and Realistic to every one involved.

Edited by Pertinax
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Fear Roleplay (FRP)

• Fear roleplay is the concept of roleplaying fear for your character’s safety and life.
  • Examples (but not limited to), where your character’s life is considered to be in direct danger:
    • When you are on foot or bike and a weapon is aimed at you at close range.
    • When you’re in a vehicle that is stalled or turned off and a weapon is aimed at you close range.
    • When the attacker lowers their weapon to type or roleplay, your life remains in direct danger.
    • Driving a vehicle in an active shootout more than once without the intent of protecting a friend, fleeing with it, or using it as cover.

Kind of depends on how it's used.

I think it's pretty realistic, if I saw my friend being shot at and I was driving a car then I'd be sending the attackers ass into orbit if I was given the chance.

I think a lot of the time, getting run over during a shootout is user error, think about your position and be aware of your surroundings, get some elevated position or get behind a wall where a vehicle can't ram you before you start blasting. 

I agree with the post above. I have participated in 11 shootouts in the past month, it's not as much as others due to my time zone, however, 6 out of those 11 shootouts ended for me faster than I was able to draw my weapon - instantly getting injured by a vehicle, one individual steps out and puts one bullet in your head. That's it. Of course, I could do the same, but I would rather actually use my weapon rather than ram into someone at the max speed and cause some damage. I want some good shootouts! +1.

• Like 1

Big +1, its not fun for anyone to come through the scene in a vehicle and take out people. If there is ever a shootout, they should last so all parties get something out of it. Shootouts that end in just few seconds are not fun ( Unless we talking about planned strike, where one party engages on other at same time, for maximum damage, but that is not your usual shootout )

22 hours ago, Xoza said:

Fear Roleplay (FRP)

• Fear roleplay is the concept of roleplaying fear for your character’s safety and life.
  • Examples (but not limited to), where your character’s life is considered to be in direct danger:
    • When you are on foot or bike and a weapon is aimed at you at close range.
    • When you’re in a vehicle that is stalled or turned off and a weapon is aimed at you close range.
    • When the attacker lowers their weapon to type or roleplay, your life remains in direct danger.
    • Driving a vehicle in an active shootout more than once without the intent of protecting a friend, fleeing with it, or using it as cover.

Kind of depends on how it's used.

But yeah, there's still an option, the thing is that that rule covers each individual. So if some one else had already rammed and other person can ram been their first attemp on both of the players.
I think that's how it works.

The idea here is if there's a shoot out. No ramming at all. And if you don't have a weapon, leave.

For me, it seems like trying to fix a half-measure with another half-measure and there's a few rules like that. 
"No ramming during an active shootout", I can see that getting twisted and abused and can taste the forum reports already.

How about we just don't have people use their vehicles to try and kill people period. If you hit someone by accident, then it's fine, but if you are using your vehicle to hurt someone, that shouldn't be allowed IMO.

I remember the SA:MP server where I came from, if you hit someone on purpose with your vehicle, it was classed as vehicle deathmatch. Intent is more important than the situation in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think this should be looked at in a case-by-case bases!
What real life physics stops someone in a car from hitting you? 
The only limiting factor is the drivers fear of life, but driving into an active shootout while you are the target of the shots is already against the rules. 

I would argue that people don't take getting ran over seriously enough.
FAR to many times people get rammed at 100+ and they just get up and keep shooting like it didn't matter, because they are not injured scriptly.
When a car is coming at you to run you over; get out of the way instead of shooting at the driver while continuing to stand in the middle of the road hoping to 'dodge' last second with a combat roll. 

Edited by HighTV

26 minutes ago, HighTV said:

I think this should be looked at in a case-by-case bases!
What real life physics stops someone in a car from hitting you? 
The only limiting factor is the drivers fear of life, but driving into an active shootout while you are the target of the shots is already against the rules. 

It's not about real life physics, it's about real life common sense.

When was the last time you heard of a gang vs gang demolition derby? That's what it happens currently. One person engages, and then both sides try to ram the other. It's less about shooting and more about driving.

It doesn't make sense. I want my shootouts to be about shooting, and not who has the most elegy retros.

Edited by alexalex303