Pertinax

Active Shooting -> No Ramming

+1 for me just takes away from the shoot out everyone just driving around waiting for someone to get out first so they can ram them. also some times its not even a friend or ally that run you down. the rules say you can do it if your friend or ally is getting robbed, arrested  or in danger. there is no way to prove if someone is even a friend of that person at all. any random guy can hit you with their car in a gun fight and you got to assume its an ally of that other person. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, clickclack said:

ikr just saying it's bad cause Walt VDM'ed those guys

this happens irl too

criminals vs criminals

cop vs criminals

-snip-

You gave an example of a UK ram in which no one even had guns, because UK.

Then you showed an example of a cop ramming someone running away.

Show me an example of a proper shootout, where someone comes in and starts ramming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clickclack said:

Suspect fleeing while shooting cops gets runned over

https://youtu.be/YcaKXQxNw8A

The fact of the matter is that driving through an active shootout is a bad idea everywhere apart from GTA. The reason it's good in GTA is because there is are headshots and desync issues, so cars are very strong. In real life, one bullet could end you, forever. If you have an AK, you won't drive through a shootout. You'd use the gun.

I don't see why you're defending this point with cops running over people that are running away.

Edited by alexalex303

1 minute ago, alexalex303 said:

The fact of the matter is that driving through an active shootout is a bad idea everywhere apart from GTA. The reason it's good in GTA is because there is no headshots and major desync, so cars are very strong. In real life, all it takes is a bullet, and if you have an AK, you won't drive through a shootout first, you'd use the gun.

I don't see why you're defending this point with cops running over people that are running 

Well too bad this isn't real life we gotta accept the fact that players would still exploit the GTA V game mechanics. All we could do is record a good evidence to nail those rule breaching pricks. As the rule says "Vehicles cannot be used to attack a player on foot more than once, including a failed attempt." If you want a clean shootout where there is no ramming pick a right location  to lure the opposition where there's too much obstacles for a vehicle to run. It's all about strategy and how you adapt in a situation. Unless if they add a new rule to remove ramming in a shootout permanently.

17 minutes ago, BrainDed said:

Thats literally what suggestion is about though? To remove ramming in shootouts entirely.

I don't agree to disallow all forms of using vehicles to ram someone on foot like @GOAT suggested though. Giving someone that is running a "love" tap should be allowed.

I do like keeping the Love tap, when your intentions are to unbalance the opponent in to the ground and not to kill him.

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

You gave an example of a UK ram in which no one even had guns, because UK.

Then you showed an example of a cop ramming someone running away.

Show me an example of a proper shootout, where someone comes in and starts ramming.

You've been had off there mate 😂

-1 I think one attempt at hitting someone in a gunfight is fair. Being ran over is easy to counter

6 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

That's literally this suggestion.

Yeah it is, but it would literally kill the immersion if cars can't be used as a way to fight back even just once in a shootout. Heck I'm sure everyone here tried ramming someone once to survive in a shootout or to get out in one. What if we tweak it a bit, like say "You can only ram a person on foot just for once in a shootout as a last option" like if you're unarmed and got caught in a shootout or something just don't remove/disallow it entirely. 

The problem with sync makes a good love tap in some cases impossible, so how as an admin would you be able to judge that?

We have too many rules that either make interacting weird or they're open to interpretation.

Least if you know you can't use your vehicles against people on foot, there is a black and white line there.

20 hours ago, HighTV said:

I think this should be looked at in a case-by-case bases!
What real life physics stops someone in a car from hitting you? 
The only limiting factor is the drivers fear of life, but driving into an active shootout while you are the target of the shots is already against the rules. 

I would argue that people don't take getting ran over seriously enough.
FAR to many times people get rammed at 100+ and they just get up and keep shooting like it didn't matter, because they are not injured scriptly.
When a car is coming at you to run you over; get out of the way instead of shooting at the driver while continuing to stand in the middle of the road hoping to 'dodge' last second with a combat roll. 

TBH no one trying to drive a car in middle of shootout to hit only one guy IRL so this is Poor RP in my logic of Role playing.

Edited by WaTCHUrBaCK
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

It's not about real life physics, it's about real life common sense.

If you are pulling up to a backup call and see someone on the edge of the shootout shooting towards your allies 'Real life common sense' says to run them over as well.
(As demonstrated in the video linked above)

I think the argument people WANT to make is that you should not intentionally insert yourself into the middle of a shootout carelessly.
But currently the argument being made is that during an active shootout, no one can use a car as a weapon. And that defies logic and should be looked at on a case to case basis.

Edited by HighTV
  • Like 1