AEEKAY

Cuffed/Hands Up and /radiofreq Suggestion

Simple suggestion, 

When you are cuffed you should be unable to use your radio or change frequency of it. 

Same as when your hands are up. 

The amount of people breaking the NonRP rule just to change the frequency of their radios while cuffed or with hands up is amazing.

Edited by AEEKAY
  • Upvote 3

+1 to this overall, 

Actions that require use of your hands shouldnt be allowed when cuffed, unless rply carried out where you can then be ooc uncuffed either way. 

For hands up maybe allow certain actions as your hands would be less restricted, but still restrict most actions such as opening cars etc. 

On 9/4/2019 at 8:30 PM, Hoxton_Curry said:

Neutral

I used to RP having the radio on my ear (like the animation in game when holding M) and if officers would leave it for whatever reason I would RP pushing my ear against the seat of a cruiser and inform my buddies how many officers are holding me.

You can also RP it being in your back pocket of your pants so when you get cuffed with your hands behind your back you would be able to press the button

Adding this would kill RP a little bit but it would reduce rulebreakers

Nice RP indeed. One question tho.How you can change the freq when your hands are up or you are cuffed when you RPing something this way? Even a better one. How you can speak if you RP something like that when you are on a bike wearing a helmet? 

Edited by AEEKAY

+1 for the most part. 

Scriptly limiting cuffed players makes sense...as they are RPly and scriptly cuffed. But scriptly limiting payers with their hands up can be problematic. With your hands up, you can RP bumping your radio as you raise your hands etc so restricting ability with hands up scriptly would make no sense. However, RP standard should be monitored and enforced to a stricter level when hands are up. If someone throws their hands up then changes frequency or talk into the radio without RP, it should be risen.

5 minutes ago, MrSilky said:

+1 for the most part. 

Scriptly limiting cuffed players makes sense...as they are RPly and scriptly cuffed. But scriptly limiting payers with their hands up can be problematic. With your hands up, you can RP bumping your radio as you raise your hands etc so restricting ability with hands up scriptly would make no sense. However, RP standard should be monitored and enforced to a stricter level when hands are up. If someone throws their hands up then changes frequency or talk into the radio without RP, it should be risen.

Agreed if they RP something like that. When you are about to ctrl+1 you can RP that you are changing the freq and then place your hands in the air. 99% of the situations i have witnessed its just a bind (shift+1-2-3 or whatever the bind is) I just cant realize why people want to get punished instead of following rules and have fun

Edited by AEEKAY

10 minutes ago, AEEKAY said:

Nice RP indeed. One question tho.How you can change the freq when your hands are up or you are cuffed RP something this way? Even a better one. How you can speak if you RP something like that when you are on a bike wearing a helmet? 

I think he literally just explained how. Hands are up besides his ear - right next to his radio. Typically I myself will togglemask when I get on the bike to remove the helmet. 

Why don't we just leave it as it is? If you think hes rule breaking by changing freqs while cuffed / hands are up then report them for PG. Simple as that.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:30 AM, Hoxton_Curry said:

Neutral

I used to RP having the radio on my ear (like the animation in game when holding M) and if officers would leave it for whatever reason I would RP pushing my ear against the seat of a cruiser and inform my buddies how many officers are holding me.

You can also RP it being in your back pocket of your pants so when you get cuffed with your hands behind your back you would be able to press the button

Adding this would kill RP a little bit but it would reduce rulebreakers

I would hate to see people who actually want to do good RP be hurt by this change.

• Like 1

+1

How would "good rp'ers" be hurt by this change? If they're following the PG rules then it doesn't affect them as they wouldn't be "bumping" their radio. 

If your radio is in your back pocket (lol ya ok) and is that easy to change then you'd be accidentally changing it all the time. To those players that RP having it in their back pocket, I'd love to see one old screen shot of you RPing putting it there, and moving it anytime you sat down (car, bike, etc.)

1 hour ago, Zion Willard said:

I think he literally just explained how. Hands are up besides his ear - right next to his radio. Typically I myself will togglemask when I get on the bike to remove the helmet. 

He did told me he would "pushing my ear against the seat of a cruiser" He never mention how he will change frequency that way while on cruiser. Will hit constantly hit his head on the seat? . Or even better why the frequency while on the back pocket never changes while he is in his car or on bike and magically changes while he is being arrested. If i had a radio on my back pocket i would constantly changing the freq by accident. 

40 minutes ago, kenichis said:

Why don't we just leave it as it is? If you think hes rule breaking by changing freqs while cuffed / hands are up then report them for PG. Simple as that.

I would hate to see people who actually want to do good RP be hurt by this change.

So we need to spend our ooc time to make 10 reports per day or ruin our RP if there is no admin on at that moment because someone doesn't want police to have the gang freq. Probably you never RPed as an officer.

Edited by AEEKAY

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.