Flucifial

Allow City-Bee's for less than three taxi drivers

I know DCC might not like this, but for people like me at our night times in the Eastern US timezone... it can be difficult to get transportation from a taxi at night therefore I think instead of restricting City-Bee's when there is one taxi driver online, do it when there is three or more instead, to allow for more possibility of getting a ride where you need to go!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Flucifial said:

I know DCC might not like this, but for people like me at our night times in the Eastern US timezone... it can be difficult to get transportation from a taxi at night therefore I think instead of restricting City-Bee's when there is one taxi driver online, do it when there is three or more instead, to allow for more possibility of getting a ride where you need to go!

DCC wants this. We want to be able to serve customers, no doubt. But also realize how frustrating it is to be waiting forever because there's only 1 driver on. (or worse 1 manager on and they are busy doing manager stuff and not taking calls.)

Also....(this is a bit more personal/IC but...) I hate finally rushing to answer 3-4 calls, get to a guy, then being treated like absolute crap because they were waiting so long.....

So yah I can confirm, me and others at DCC strongly agree to this!!!

• Like 2

+1 (sort of)
I play 7 days a week, and contribute to DCC each day. I live in Aus, so with this timezone I can be the only one on duty at times, and I completely understand the frustrations players experience in wait times. It also becomes extremely difficult too when there is only 1 or 2 drivers running and a person hops in and wants multiple stops, hence the call can be the equivalent of 2+ customers.

The current scripts I believe show when an on duty driver is taking a fare (/taxidrivers), perhaps would it be an idea to allow the city bees to be operational to players with less than the suggested 3 drivers on duty providing a fare isnt being recorded? Or perhaps add a command for drivers to apply when accepting a customer (/accept [id] or something like that) so the server knows the 1 or 2 drivers on duty are with active customers. This command ceases when the client climbs out of the cab and the fare is taken.

Not putting something like this in place in my opinion would leave me with nothing to do as a 1 person on duty player at night (or worse, 2 of us) because ALOT of my calls come from city bee areas, so should the original suggestion be implemented I would essentially get no calls at all from hospitals and dmv locations (what would the motivation be for a player to try calling a cab first to see if we're available?).

What also happens to the city bees once you get where your going? If they sit there for a period of time (example the garage), then people that would normally call us from those locations will just utilize them, and there goes a few more call opportunities. If they can spawn instantly they need to be able to disappear just as quick otherwise this cheaper/quicker alternative will just gain priority).

Edited by CycloneDavid

+1 For sure, it’s frustrating when there are let’s say 2 drivers on duty and 2 calls come in. That’s then both taxi drivers occupied for up to 5 minutes. During this time whatever calls come in won’t get answered due to the current drivers being on call. This could be anywhere from 1 call missed to 5. People say that they waited 20 minutes for a taxi, but in my experience they usually wait about 2 minutes and then leave. Or god forbid spam our system with calls as we don’t answer. This then puts them to the back of the queue each time. Then by the time the 2 drivers finish their calls, the rest have cancelled due to us not accepting soon enough, this is then where we go to the bank and wait, as stated above.

It would be a great addition for callers and taxi drivers alike in my opinion.

Upper management should also have some ooc control of the city bees as to then provide drivers with calls at certain times, I’m unsure how this would work but it’s just a thought.

With the city bees it then also brings back that lost vip feature that became useless when you had to call a taxi.

+1

4 hours ago, Teca said:

+1 and make that all City Bee rent goes to DCC maybe?

Only if at least one driver is on duty and completing fares, DCC shouldn't get money for not working. Bee's should be available to help out those 1-2 drivers keep up.

I don't know how driving DCC works, is there a trigger that would designate a driver's availability? I'd be more in support of if available/vacant drivers (responding or driving fares) are less than 2, City Bee is active. This way during even a busy day, if all drivers have a fare and no drivers are vacant, the Bee's are active.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.