jason

Citybee VS. DCC Proposal

Hi all.

As I've heard from giving numerous people taxi rides, most of the server's population is unhappy with the Citybees being unavailable if at least 1 taxi driver is on duty. This is an understandable frustration, as people would rather take a slow, free(usually) Citybee over a fast, expensive cab. While I don't believe this is a bad change, I believe it was implemented poorly. Working at the DCC has shown me the struggles of responding to a server full of calls with only 1 to 3 on-duty workers. That's assuming all 3 are on-duty for calls, and not doing stuff like interviews, processing workers' payments, or otherwise RPing at the DCC.

To remedy this, I propose a change to the threshold. Instead of making it so that if 1 DCC employee is on-duty, the Citybees are unavailable, I think changing it to a minimum of 3 on duty would be best. 3 drivers working is just barely enough to handle a 300 player server load comfortably, so if there's even only 2 on duty or 3 with one person slacking, this becomes significantly more difficult. Sometimes we have calls waiting for 5+ minutes just to be responded to, and that's just not acceptable from most peoples' perspective.

TL;DR, Change the minimum taxi drivers on duty to 3 to disable Citybees.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I'd say maybe even 3 online, or perhaps it could depend on which citybee spot you use? For example, central citybee locations such as the one by the hospital could have a cap of 1 or 2 DCC employee online, but the rural locations such as up in paleto could be activated if there are 3 or less online

I agree something should change. I had 1 time I was in Paleto and my battery taken from my phone. Nothing I could do.

Other time, 3 cab drivers online... None responded with in 10 minutes.

I thought you were able to take city bees out of the taxi drivers were on a call, assuming that if I can't take a city bee out that at least 1 cab driver is available to take my call.

Maybe a timer? If 5 min passed without having your call accepted while there is a driver off call that you can take a city bee out?

Regardless, I would like to see someone look into this. 

+1

• Upvote 1

As a taxi driver, there are occasions when i'm the only one on duty and  there are 3/4 calls waiting. Then there are also occasions when 3/4 drivers are on duty and no calls come in.
I think that an compromise is that if there aren't two drivers on duty, then you can use them.

Reason why is that 1 driver won't be able to serve 3 calls without one cancelling and also, there are very rarely more than 3/4 calls coming in at the same time so i think that it's balanced to give taxi drivers a purpose but also, to not limit players if no one is able to fulfill their transportation needs.

13 hours ago, Yputi said:

I agree something should change. I had 1 time I was in Paleto and my battery taken from my phone. Nothing I could do.

Other time, 3 cab drivers online... None responded with in 10 minutes.

I thought you were able to take city bees out of the taxi drivers were on a call, assuming that if I can't take a city bee out that at least 1 cab driver is available to take my call.

Maybe a timer? If 5 min passed without having your call accepted while there is a driver off call that you can take a city bee out?

Regardless, I would like to see someone look into this. 

+1

I think a timer will do the job. It should be a benefit for both DCC and the civillian. I think a timer is a win win with best for both in my opinion.

Probably bumping it from 1 to 2-3 drivers would help but I have an alternative solution.

As an additional solution, perhaps the Bus routes could be altered to run simply one route but also only be available as a job when less than 3 cab drivers on duty. 

The bus would be streamlined to stop at the bus station first, then go to the PD, then to parking, then to the bank, then back to the bus station. Each location would require the bus to wait a minute or two before continuing in order to make it accessible and draw out the time to complete the route for time vs pay balancing.

Changing the bus route to the above would alleviate the city bee issue while also helping cab drivers when their numbers are limited, allowing everyone a chance at reliable transportation between in the more critical hotspot locations while the 1 or 2 cab drivers can focus on calls outside the bus route.

Edited by Wifye

1 minute ago, Wifye said:

Probably bumping it from 1 to 2-3 drivers would help but I have an alternative solution.

As an additional solution, perhaps the Bus routes could be altered to run simply one route but also only be available as a job when less than 3 cab drivers on duty. 

The bus would be streamlined to stop at the bus station first, then go to the PD, then to parking, then to the bank, then back to the bus station. Each location would require the bus to wait a minute or two before continuing in order to make it accessible and draw out the time to complete the route for time vs pay balancing.

Changing the bus route to the above would alleviate the city bee issue while also helping cab drivers when their numbers are limited, allowing everyone a chance at reliable transportation between in the more critical hotspot locations.

And on that note, how about marking the bus stops on the map so they are actually useful for people who might use the bus service? And when you get to the bus stop it could have one of those blue markers that would tell you how many bus drivers were online so that you aren't waiting there all day when there aren't any buses running.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.