Fuz

Ability to rob/loot cops

PD would be hunted for guns and so on and thats a fact. I have been rolled up by a gang while doing 10-55 and taken on gunpoint just for my bag and a radio by a gang member too many times.
The only way this could be implemented that people with police guns would get atleast few hours of jail time instantly only for that charge and if there's suspicion of a gang involvement in police officer death raid the shit out of that gang.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gang+robs+police+officer&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPzLz7yOTjAhXoxaYKHb8GAzsQ_AUIEygD&cshid=1564762080927029&biw=2844&bih=1422

I would personally not support this. 

I do not support the idea, no heavy RP servers I've played on across SA-MP and GTA 5 has supported this. On Eclipse, we're trying to sway away from action RP and have people focus on more social and passive RP. Given the response that we've had to new features like the mining job and farming job, where people that do these jobs get constantly robbed, I don't see how this would be any different. 

Cops are not meant to be targets for robberies, and this would cause exactly that. Let's push for more passive/social RP and criminal features other than this 🙂

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I do not support this. 

You would be introducing "free" weapons into the market which would just cause people to start baiting so they can sell a free gun. Literally making money from nothing.

There is already too many people who shoot cops for next to nothing. This would promote very poor roleplay. 

• Like 1

All this would do is introduce more of a reason to rob or shoot cops. Realistically, do you see cops getting robbed everyday or really much at all? Criminals need to go through the means realistically of getting illegal firearms. Not just surrounding a cop with 10 people for no reason other then to get his shotgun, smg, etc. Let alone the fact that we get shot for little to no reason anyway, this would just create more of a reason to kill us and would promote a very low standard of role play.

• Like 2

I understand the whole "just make rules around it" seems like an easy-to-do thing, but hell naw it ain't. That not only means more workload for server staff, but most people get away with breaking rules because they have to be reported on the forums or physically seen/caught by a staff member (Evidence of the crime). So even if you say "just don't allow hunting cops" well... how do you rule intent? If I say I wasn't hunting cops, they just happened to be there so I took the opportunity, are you going to "NO! YOU INTENDED THIS AND YOU'RE HUNTING COPS!!!" ?? Good luck, you'll run every genuine player outta the server due to poor staffing, this is how corruption starts.

Staffing-wise this would be a nightmare. So rather than change something to have "moar rulez!!" it's better to solve the servers issues via coding. If it can be solved by implementing a feature or something that will (coding wise) stop something from happening, all the better, reason being less rules to memorize, less rules that will potentially be broken, and an overall happier player-base because no one's having to go out of their way to "call staff" for a rule-break.

This would 100% cause a cop-hunt to happen.

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2019 at 5:10 PM, FatherOsborn said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gang+robs+police+officer&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPzLz7yOTjAhXoxaYKHb8GAzsQ_AUIEygD&cshid=1564762080927029&biw=2844&bih=1422

I would personally not support this. 

I do not support the idea, no heavy RP servers I've played on across SA-MP and GTA 5 has supported this. On Eclipse, we're trying to sway away from action RP and have people focus on more social and passive RP. Given the response that we've had to new features like the mining job and farming job, where people that do these jobs get constantly robbed, I don't see how this would be any different. 

Cops are not meant to be targets for robberies, and this would cause exactly that. Let's push for more passive/social RP and criminal features other than this 🙂

I know that famous stream server actually allows you to rob and loot cops, but keep in mind that people there live from that server while streaming is actually there to roleplay and have fun and the rules are really harsh there. But if they know that gang members did that they will raid shit out of them and if they suspect that they have PD guns in their safe houses they will raid all of those as well. 

Also this would be impossible on this server due to if someone commits a crime on this server and they know they are being wanted they will simply log off or restart the game just to change their id that there would be no possibility for detectives to /ldo. (Yes that's happens all the time after chases and so on)
Also this server lets be honest has lower rp standarts than average, not saying all people, some of the people are really good but most of people don't care about roleplaying their fun is to win all situations what so ever.

therefore this is big minus since people still treats this server as cops vs robbers.

Edited by Balastas

The server would be ruined in a very short amount of time as everyone would gank cops for fun and get guns, within a week I would imagine very few people would work jobs and would just be full of guns - 

1) Cops become free, easily lured weapons delivered to the player
      2) Those that do not gank cops would find that they quickly become outgunned by swarms of criminals now in possession of heavy weapons, in bulk.
      3) Would totally change the pace and tempo of RP and gameplay throughout the server. 

However, the ability for certain ranked officers (like really highly ranked officers) to be lootable would be interesting, this implements some of what you ask whilst allowing the staff to control 1) the gun flow and 2)RP standards and quality 

By allowing some officers (identified by clothing) to be lootable, I believe this could only increase RP. Imagine ambushing a specific (rare) cop, maybe you don't rob weapons but there radio freq, information on upcoming raids or something but have the cops be an output source of RP as opposed to the responsive nature in which they operate at current. 

Possible items to loot - 

- A pass which allows for a one-time crime offense to be OOC sanctioned within a NCZ (to present to admin, not to other cops ofc, this is not a get out of jail free card).
- A temporary police badge which they can show to people (they can they frisk and pretend to be a police officer for a while, this would generate a lot of RP).
- A one time use GPS police car tracking device remover (so the criminal can pull people over and cannot be tracked immediately)
- The officer's personal phone number (give them a linked temp number so the cop doesn't have to swap phones, but rather the crim loses the details after 1 IRL week)
- Any other suggestions anyone wants to add? this is just off the top of my head. 

It must be noted that rather than the current loot system a RNG mechanics ought to be applied outputting only one of the above items with a % chance to completely fail. 

This is just a way to add more opportunities to RP throughout the server whilst respecting the nature of RP within Eclipse. 

• Like 1

I'd support this if we could end this meme of a faction called Seaweed. 

The only role-play that is going to get ruined if this was implemented would be the cops.
People don't want role-play to come from this, they want to kill cops and get free shit.

• Like 2
  • NAY 1

In my opinion you should be able to take their items only when proper roleplay is done to counter the issue of “hunting cops” and this will also lead to cops being more careful, for instance one cop holds up a known gang member with no backup, and their ally was to hold the cop and with proper roleplay, rp taking his gun, vest, radio, don’t see why it should not be allowed scriptly, so I’d suggest something like /friskapprove for looting a cop and the cop could simply not approve the frisk / looting , unless there was proper roleplay done mainly him/her putting themselves at a disadvantage where they suffer a loss & can just refuse it when the whole interaction was them being hunted for their guns 

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.