Fuz

Ability to rob/loot cops

29 minutes ago, 8sh3hTube said:

I don't think it's a good idea to be able to loot cops but they should have a limited armory that refills each 12 hours or so and they have to pay for the weapons.

This could go well alongside being able to loot cops. If cops knew that their weapon inventories were finite, then perhaps they'd start valuing their lives and their equipment much more rather than rushing into every situation guns blazing and playing to win. If they don't wish to have their weapons looted by criminals, then they should have to start  thinking tactically, employing new methods and actually roleplaying realistically. I think a large part of the problem is the fact that cops know oocly that they will not have to suffer financially or rply if they die or lose their equipment (unlike crim players), and will simply rush into every situation knowing that they can just spawn in a new cruiser and carbine after they die.

+1 to the suggestion

• Like 1

Targeting and robbing police for any reason is unrealistic and shouldn't be something that's promoted just like baiting emergency response, being against the rules. Police are primarily a reactionary force, there's always a reason they do what they do, whether you know what it is or not.

Criminal elements should avoid police like the plague. Police do walk into dangerous situations, because that's their job, they are "Law Enforcement". Providing safety, security and ensuring the preservation of life and being able to reduce the possible threat to others, will cause any RL officer to get involved.

The mere presence of an officer in an area should be a deterrent and put anyone doing anything unlawfully RPly on edge, despite how many officers there are. Every encounter however is situational. I don't agree that this could be something that is used as a "lets get back at them" kind of thing this could lead to.

As for the suggestion itself. The only thing you can't loot from police are firearms. Police still often have food, water, clothing, radios and other things with them or in their vehicles. So at this time, yes, you can rob/loot cops but you should do so responsibly and within the rules. Risk/Reward is much higher when involving police and they are often in public areas.

On to the expansion of the idea...

+1 to the idea of a detriment / gain from a police engagement.

• Criminals should be able to /takeguns from police, if their hands are up, and it would 'remove all firearms' from the officer. (this would not 'give' you a firearm however)
  • Criminals should also be able to /disable a cruiser, disallowing the officer to use /pw from that cruiser for 5 minutes. (this can also be done by just stealing the cruiser).
  • The risk result could be, if a cruiser is disabled, they may have to pay motorpool for new remote reactivation key codes before the 5 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Xoza said:

Targeting and robbing police for any reason is unrealistic and shouldn't be something that's promoted just like baiting emergency response, being against the rules. Police are primarily a reactionary force, there's always a reason they do what they do, whether you know what it is or not.

Criminal elements should avoid police like the plague. Police do walk into dangerous situations, because that's their job, they are "Law Enforcement". Providing safety, security and ensuring the preservation of life and being able to reduce the possible threat to others, will cause any RL officer to get involved.

The mere presence of an officer in an area should be a deterrent and put anyone doing anything unlawfully RPly on edge, despite how many officers there are. Every encounter however is situational. I don't agree that this could be something that is used as a "lets get back at them" kind of thing this could lead to.

As for the suggestion itself. The only thing you can't loot from police are firearms. Police still often have food, water, clothing, radios and other things with them or in their vehicles. So at this time, yes, you can rob/loot cops but you should do so responsibly and within the rules. Risk/Reward is much higher when involving police and they are often in public areas.

On to the expansion of the idea...

+1 to the idea of a detriment / gain from a police engagement.

• Criminals should be able to /takeguns from police, if their hands are up, and it would 'remove all firearms' from the officer. (this would not 'give' you a firearm however)
  • Criminals should also be able to /disable a cruiser, disallowing the officer to use /pw from that cruiser for 5 minutes. (this can also be done by just stealing the cruiser).
  • The risk result could be, if a cruiser is disabled, they may have to pay motorpool for new remote reactivation key codes before the 5 minutes.

I agree with all the points you make here, although I do still believe that criminals should be able to actually get a firearm from looting cops (or using a /takeguns command as you suggest).

With realism in mind, however, I do believe an adjustment to the robbery rules would have to be made, wherein it is stated that players made not rob cops without a specific and justifiable reason outside of shootout, and all shootouts should only be a last resort, initiated by cops in 90% of situations. The rules around robbing cops would be siimilar to deathmatching rules; you would have to have 'rights' to initiate it or be in an active shootout.

My concern is it would provide even more incentive to kill officers.  Right now people hold up police officers at odd times of the day for no reason other than they're bored and want to take an officer's radio, with absolutely no reason for it IC.  People do this during low server population and honestly it gets nutty as hell.

What assurances do I have that I won't be abused constantly if I decide to play at certain times of the day, especially when there is active incentive to do so because people can gain weapons?

BIG +1

for me this need to be added 

because if you gonna kill a cop there is no further thing you can do you can't loot them. You cant drive police cruisers. 

They have everything so easy for them when they Wake-up in the hosiptial they just go on-duty again take a Shotgun with them and lets go ''Patrol'' like come on.

alberto.png

this wont give more reasons to cops, it will give cops more reasons to be fearful and actually do not engage in anything that endangers their life and would add a little balance to how op PD is currently, and will encourage more "Passive RP" like AlexAlex said for them ,and you wont see a cop trying to gang up on 4 armed people anymore - a counter suggestion would be limiting the daily weapons a cop can take 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CalvinKlein said:

it will give cops more reasons to be fearful and actually do not engage in anything that endangers their life

Again, I ask: what stops people from being abusive with this feature in place?  I can engage in all the passive RP in the world, but this does nothing to stop half a dozen cars rolling up on me when I'm trying to RP, putting me under fear RP, and taking my weapons.  There would be active incentive to do this if people thought they could get free weapons out of it.  More people would start doing this if there was a reason to do so, and giving people weapons for doing it is that exact reason.

33 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

Again, I ask: what stops people from being abusive with this feature in place?  I can engage in all the passive RP in the world, but this does nothing to stop half a dozen cars rolling up on me when I'm trying to RP, putting me under fear RP, and taking my weapons.  There would be active incentive to do this if people thought they could get free weapons out of it.  More people would start doing this if there was a reason to do so, and giving people weapons for doing it is that exact reason.

Here’s how to stop abuse for it : only allow players to loot cops with a command such as /loot - works the exact same way as /frisk for a cop ; but with /frisk you are unable to take the weapons , and make a faction / server rule where no cop is to ever allow /lootapprove (similar to frisk approve) unless it was proper rp ( for example a cop pulls into a chop shop , gets held up - or a cop running after someone into an alleyway then gets put under fear rp where his gun / radio / tazer are RPly taken

2 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

You're ignoring the fact that robbery rules literally exist

Look. Allimsayin is that server wants to be realistic. 
I don't think it's realistic to get into a shootout with PD, then upon winning said shootout. GO up to loot the cop and be all "Oh his gun that he was just shooting me with just magically vanished within the 2 seconds it took me to get to his corpse." 

Hello, I will go ahead and archive this. I previously posted on this thread a while back explaining why this will not be implemented. We do not find it realistic to make officers a target for robberies, which will happen - and while a rule can be created to try and tackle this, it will create unnecessary time drain for staff members who have to investigate the validity of such an event when they would (should) be extremely rare. But we know how much everyone loves their guns on the server, and a cop with access to heavy weapons = free and easy access to heavy weapons.

It's not common, in fact, I can't cite any sources of officers being targeted for robberies in real life - cops being murdered and ambushed happens obviously, but once that happens, the perpetrator(s) usually leave the area. 

thank you for the suggestion!

- osborn.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.