Flucifial

Allow PD and SD to decide prison sentences!

Currently, the MDC the police (and I assume the sheriffs department) have automatically sets the prison sentence for each player based on their built in charge time. I believe that, the time the MDC builds in/penal code shows should only be a MAXIMUM prison sentence, and that officers should be allowed to give players a lower sentence within reason. 

Examples:

• Detectives crack a murder case, but due to the help of the suspect in catching other suspects either in the same case or another, such as "snitching" and feeding information to the police, they could receive a 60 minute sentence rather than a 90 minute sentence. 
  • A player displays extremely good roleplay during an arrest scenario that involves an Assault & Resisting Arrest charge. Rather than the maximum 35 minute sentence, they would receive a 20 minute sentence as a reward.

I believe this suggestion should be pushed through as the police currently act as judge and jury and certain scenario's don't always require the maximum sentence. 

How the script would work:

• Command: /jail Thomas_Voight 60 (/jail (Player ID/Name) (Jail Time)
  • The MDC would already know what charges are being pressed upon the player, and if the officer tries to give a higher sentence than the maximum, it would display an error such as: ERROR: You may not jail this player for that amount of time, as that exceeds the maximum prison sentence that comes with his/her charges!
  • If the officer just wanted to give the maximum sentence, he could just type: /jail Thomas_Voight - and not provide the amount of time, automatically giving the player the maximum sentence.
  • Minimum sentences should also be built in to avoid favoritism or unrealistic sentencing.

If you agree with this suggestion, comment with a +1! If you disagree, comment with a -1, and provide some feedback if desired. Thanks ECLIPSE Community! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Hills said:

+1, it would be beneficial to some officers however some officers might abuse it and give some criminals (1 minute) unless jail time would be logged this would definitely be a great addition!

Maybe we could build in minimum sentences as well? Just like each charge has a minimum and a maximum IRL.

Just now, alexalex303 said:

I would like to see a static command that reduces their time by 10 to 25 percent. I do not believe that the officer should set the time, as it doesn't make sense that you'd get 10 minutes for murder, no matter how much you cooperated.

Yup, DOC should have the ability to extend/reduce sentence up to a maximum of percentage depending on their behavior in the prison this will encourage more role-play and interactions with guards and inmates.

Just now, alexalex303 said:

I would like to see a static command that reduces their time by 10 to 25 percent. I do not believe that the officer should set the time, as it doesn't make sense that you'd get 10 minutes for murder, no matter how much you cooperated.

See the above post please, that is how it works in real life, not a 10% or 25% subtraction 🙂 

• PogU 1

Just now, Flucifial said:

Maybe we could build in minimum sentences as well? Just like each charge has a minimum and a maximum IRL.

Definitely, like the minimum could be 20 minutes depending on the charge severity while the maximum is 60, the officer would have the option to place him within the 20-60 timeline.

• Like 1

+1 This functionality is needed for more rp possibilities.

How about allowing lawyers to plea on the defendants behalf?  Just added roleplay that could help criminals a little and assuring some oversight on police .

Edited by Reckless311
Corrections

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.