FiLThYFreaK

Move server to US

I am west coast US, so I can tell you.. I am very far from the server. I think this suggestion is nonsensical; expecting a community that has existed for this long to move server locations at the drop of a dime based off anecdotal evidence is well, a bit crazy if you ask me. 

The big issue with "lag" these days is desync issues, which are not a major fault of the server. They are issues within RAGE, as it is still in development. If you keep up to date with RAGE, you will see that they are working on fixing some of these mechanics/issues in the upcoming v0.4 release.

• Like 2

Lazy entitled American here:

One of the appeals of this server is that it is NOT mostly Americans. Being born and raised in the US, and living here all my life (other than some time in the middle east), I rather enjoy engaging with so many unique people both IC and OOC. 

And let's be honest, a lot of the trash new player RPrs are American teenagers. If you don't believe, me, just log in after schools hours (3pm US) and watch the increase in New Player tags and nonsense, childish RP. And around 8-9pm US, they disappear (awww bedtime).

Keep the server in Europe, and keep the population diverse. If America can do it better, than surely they can find the time/money to create a nice stable server in the US.

Edited by Jasmine
  • PogU 1

I live in the US and I don't have any desync or lag issues that might make this a reasonable argument from me. I record and stream on the server all the time and I can easily count on one hand the amount of times that I have seen a vehicle desync or lag for me. Not worth the move just to satisfy those small moments.

• Like 1

I don't really care about the topic due to me living in the US and still enjoying my time spent on Eclipse no matter the host location. I don't get crazy high pings and its playable for me. What I don't understand is claiming these "Statistics" you have which is a map that you, yourself colored in? Also just cause its English doesn't mean it should be hosted out of US. If I'm understanding that correctly, Correct me if wrong. English came from Britain so it should be hosted there right? Just cause they put EN/EU in title and ask for fluent English as a rule (Due to English being a more popular language) doesn't mean it should be hosted out of US.

Who knows maybe things boom and someone starts a US server and partners with Eclipse. You never know.

• Like 1

Don't care where it's hosted, could be China or Middle East for all I care.

But it's never up, and I really feel like I've been cheated out of my donation.

I understand that there are issues that come up from time to time, but this level of downtime is unacceptable, especially for a server of this scale.

Not expecting 5 9s uptime, but at least the server should be up the majority of the week, otherwise how can you properly RP?