FiLThYFreaK

Move server to US

1 hour ago, flow said:

How are you being trolled and or abused? The top quote is what you said and it is nothing but entitlement. You believe that it is not fair that the server, ran by Europeans, populated mostly by Europeans, is hosted in Europe because you happen to live outside of Europe and your ping is bad. That is entitled. You further go on to point out that those Europeans have plenty of servers to choose from in their native language and that therefore, it would be fair to move the server to the US, just so potential future players from AUS/NZ can enjoy a better ping. I honestly fail to see how I am supposed to be the troll here, I was convinced it was you.

I will send you a PM so we do not derail the thread any further.

2 minutes ago, FiLThYFreaK said:

FYI, average ping from Euro to US is around 100-200.

So you're saying it's fine for Europe to connect to US servers, but... you don't want the US to have to connect to EU?

Oh.. okay yeah I see what... you're saying now... wait no?

3 minutes ago, FiLThYFreaK said:

Where did I say that?

When you say that the US shouldn't have to join EU servers because the English speakers are apparently all in the US and not here - you imply it.  Otherwise, why would you want it moved? You want it moved because you want less ping.. come on now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

When you say that the US shouldn't have to join EU servers because the English speakers are apparently all in the US and not here - you imply it.  Otherwise, why would you want it moved? You want it moved because you want less ping.. come on now.

I didn't say that US players can't join. That was AU/NZ and it's true. It's in the first post.

15 minutes ago, vKarsoN said:

Also seems rather ridiculous suggesting this when you only joined Saturday.. As others have stated, the majority are Europeans(from Scotland myself) who have been here for much, much longer. 

How is that relevant to the discussion? Also weird coming from someone who only joined last week...

3 minutes ago, FiLThYFreaK said:

How is that relevant to the discussion? Also weird coming from someone who only joined last week...

It's incredibly relevant, because why should the majority of players playing for over a year cater to you who joined on Saturday? Seems astonishingly entitled. Also yes, I joined the forums 8 days ago.. However I'm not the one telling the people who run this server, they should cater to me, a new player.. That's you, guy.

Edited by vKarsoN
  • Like 1

Have to disagree even as an American, because for most of the servers existence, up until recently the American population was less than the European population, there are more European players on the server than American typically.

Given that both Founders are non-americans, I doubt they will even consider this suggestion.

3 minutes ago, vKarsoN said:

It's incredibly relevant, because why should the majority of players playing for over a year cater to you who joined on Saturday? Seems astonishingly entitled. Also yes, I joined the forums 8 days ago.. However I'm not the one telling the people who run this server, they should cater to me, a new player.. That's you, guy.

Let me get this straight, I believe that the server should cater more towards the english community. Going by your logic, any new player that makes a suggestion is entitled and must be dictating how to run the server.

15 minutes ago, st3fan333 said:

He’s talking more about the benefits of AU/NZ if the server was based in the US. @FiLThYFreaK is that correct?

Pretty much, yes. The AU/NZ community has no home and would greatly benefit from a move to US, while I believe those in EU will still have a great experience. In my view it is a win-win situation.

I am off to bed and will try to follow up any more replies tomorrow.

Just now, FiLThYFreaK said:

Pretty much, yes. The AU/NZ community has no home and would greatly benefit from a move to US, while I believe those in EU will still have a great experience. In my view it is a win-win situation.

I am off to bed and will try to follow up any more replies tomorrow.

Are you aware that the AU ping to US and EU only has a difference of around 30-40 on average?  Once your ping is already above 300 it isn't worth moving everything around just for that.

I am not sure that you are considering the work required to move all this to the US either. 

If the Australian community really needs a server that badly, then playing on an EU server would be worth it.  Playing on a previous EU SAMP server with Aussie players proved that, and SAMP had a much bigger negative effect for where you are.

12 minutes ago, FiLThYFreaK said:

Let me get this straight, I believe that the server should cater more towards the english community. Going by your logic, any new player that makes a suggestion is entitled and must be dictating how to run the server.

Are you aware that you actually need to be able to speak English to play on this server? Also while your original post may have been more structured to a suggestion(despite your citing of facts and statistics without any actual evidence), your subsequent replies to any criticism of your suggestion have been more along the lines of demanding, entitlement and dictating.

Edited by vKarsoN

Your way of thinking seems to be illogical for a gaming server and also you seem to have something personal against EU. For the record, it's easier to adapt to desync when you first join the server, rather than adapting to it again after months or even years of experience. 

The logical way of thinking would be to first ask yourself where the majority of the players connect from. Most of the players on the server are from EU. So by that logic, it's common sense to have a server based somewhere in EU, to suit the majority of the playerbase. Because EU is close to NA, the ping/desync difference also isn't all that high. The only players that take a big hit are from Oceania. However as I have said before, players can adapt to the ping/desync after playing for a bit. 

In conclusion, I see no beneficial reason to move the server from EU to US. If most of the server would be from the US or Oceania, I would support the move.