FiLThYFreaK

Move server to US

I think that hosting the server in France is a pretty bad location for an English speaking community. Here is a map that shows which countries speak English as their native language;

1200px-Anglospeak.png

As you can see, having the server in Europe will only benefit those living in the UK while making it unplayable for those living in Australia/NZ who typically see a 350+ ping to your server. Having it hosted in US will bring it down to 200-300 and make it a more balanced experience for players overall.

I can't see a valid reason to keep it in Europe other than admins wanting zero lag, so please feel free to post constructive feedback if i'm wrong.

As in my point of view the server was based in Europe and always will be remained a European server. We have a lot of US people playing at the moment just because of twitch streamers and they're viewers. Not sure if I am right, but I'm guessing before the whole streamers thing the server was 75% europeans and 15% US.

• Upvote 1

Where do you have data that this is English speaking community? I believe this community is heavily based on people to whom English is their second language and then probably the same amount or close to that to whom English actually is first language. I would like to see more reasoning for this suggestion.

1 hour ago, Hoza said:

As in my point of view the server was based in Europe and always will be remained a European server. We have a lot of US people playing at the moment just because of twitch streamers and they're viewers. Not sure if I am right, but I'm guessing before the whole streamers thing the server was 75% europeans and 15% US.

So your argument is that because there are more European players it should be in Europe?

Do you have stats to back up these claims?

How do you know that if the server was located in US, we wouldn't see more US/AU/NZ players?

1 hour ago, OBESE said:

Where do you have data that this is English speaking community? I believe this community is heavily based on people to whom English is their second language and then probably the same amount or close to that to whom English actually is first language. I would like to see more reasoning for this suggestion.

It's in the server name. Here you go;

snPLOeK.png

Edited by FiLThYFreaK

42 minutes ago, ranchy said:

I think this is a "Diverse Community"
Not a "Only Native English Speakers Community"

Eclipse is the only server with a high population that caters for English speakers. There are plenty of high population non-English servers available.

Anyway your missing the point. Non-English speakers will still be able to connect and play on the server and i'm not suggesting that we block those players. My suggestion is to improve the experience of native English speakers overall rather than cater towards non-English speakers.

Massive -1.

You can't just colour the UK as if the rest of Europe doesn't speak English.  Whilst there are plenty of NA players, there are also many across the whole of Europe.  US players do not find it that hard to just play in a server hosted in Western Europe. 

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

Massive -1.

You can't just colour the UK as if the rest of Europe doesn't speak English.  Whilst there are plenty of NA players, there are also many across the whole of Europe.  US players do not find it that hard to just play in a server hosted in Western Europe. 

Would a AU/NZ player find it hard to play on a server hosted in Western Europe?

Also I never said the rest of Europe doesn't speak English. Please read more carefully next time.

39 minutes ago, JakeInnit_ said:

The majority of the community is made up of Europeans who speak English as their second or even third language. Huge -1

So AU/NZ must suffer because those Europeans who have plenty of servers to choose from want to play on an English server?

1 minute ago, FiLThYFreaK said:

So AU/NZ must suffer because those Europeans who have plenty of servers to choose from want to play on an English server?

This is the most entitled stuff I've ever read on here lmao. "Those pesky Europeans have other servers to play on, I demand that this server switches to a location which better suits where I am from, despite it being hosted in Europe since forever and the main player base being European!"

You got a really good laugh out of me though, so thanks for that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FiLThYFreaK said:

Would a AU/NZ player find it hard to play on a server hosted in Western Europe?

Also I never said the rest of Europe doesn't speak English. Please read more carefully next time.

No matter where you place the servers, some places are worse off than others.  That does not justify affecting so many people across Europe.  Those players who live in AU/NZ do not benefit that much from a US server over EU, and therefore it is not worth the massive effort it takes to transfer everything to new hosts and new locations.

The primary player base on here is EU - you want a US server? Go find one.

Again, massive -1.

Edited by Kai
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, flow said:

This is the most entitled stuff I've ever read on here lmao. "Those pesky Europeans have other servers to play on, I demand that this server switches to a location which better suits where I am from, despite it being hosted in Europe since forever and the main player base being European!"

You got a really good laugh out of me though, so thanks for that.

Umm okay? Why are you trying to troll/abuse me? I never said that. I am pointing out that for an english-speaking community, the server is resides at a bad location and a more central location should be looked into.

Wow so toxic in here.

Edited by FiLThYFreaK

54 minutes ago, FiLThYFreaK said:

29 minutes ago, FiLThYFreaK said:

Umm okay? Why are you trying to troll/abuse me? I never said that. I am pointing out that for an english-speaking community, the server is resides at a bad location and a more central location should be looked into.

Wow so toxic in here.

How are you being trolled and or abused? The top quote is what you said and it is nothing but entitlement. You believe that it is not fair that the server, ran by Europeans, populated mostly by Europeans, is hosted in Europe because you happen to live outside of Europe and your ping is bad. That is entitled. You further go on to point out that those Europeans have plenty of servers to choose from in their native language and that therefore, it would be fair to move the server to the US, just so potential future players from AUS/NZ can enjoy a better ping. I honestly fail to see how I am supposed to be the troll here, I was convinced it was you.

• Like 5

-1 I genuinely don't know if this is a troll post or not. English isn't the most spoken language for nothing. Yes, it's not the primary language of a lot of Countries but nearly all of Europe can speak it. Not just in the UK. Yes, the Americas has a lot of people speaking English but come on man, is this a serious suggestion?

And yeah, most of Europe want to play on an English speaking server because they speak English. lol again, I don't know if this is genuine or not. 

• Like 1

BIG -1 This is our server! Get off! I don’t want 350 ping! 😂😂 Also the European player base is really high, so why change to a US based server just because there ‘may be’ more players. 

Thank you you for the contribution but it’s a no from me.

My brother told me that this comment looked aggressive and that wasn’t the plan! Although I don’t think the change would be beneficial for the server and I wouldn’t want to see the swap to US servers.

Edited by st3fan333
Comment sounded aggressive.