FiLThYFreaK

Move server to US

2 hours ago, JimValentine said:

Don't care where it's hosted, could be China or Middle East for all I care.

But it's never up, and I really feel like I've been cheated out of my donation.

I understand that there are issues that come up from time to time, but this level of downtime is unacceptable, especially for a server of this scale.

Not expecting 5 9s uptime, but at least the server should be up the majority of the week, otherwise how can you properly RP? 

A donation is just that. You shouldn't expect any reward or gratification for a donation.

Server downtime is not Eclipse's fault. I assume the downtime is the result of a DDOS or a server hardware issue. It is the hosts responsibility to ensure customers receive the services they are paying for. Even though it was Easter weekend, allowing an extended outage like this is a poor business move; they surely could have paid staff overtime to ensure affected customers could be given the support they are entitled to.

You're talking about countries with the first language being English, all over the world are a lot of countries that can hold a conversation in English, down here is a map with the %'s of people in the countries being able to have a conversation in English. Keep in mind that I couldn't find a map that's up to date, this information was from 2012.
image.png.e501288d09a20400597888cd4e7d8b27.png

Huge -1 . Not slagging off the US but most Europeans are Bi-Lingual and its common enough to speak up to 3 different languages. Sure English might not be their native tongue, but I can guarantee you from speaking to some people its not far off and in some cases better than native speakers. 

Edited by Phil McGee

Mahoosive -1

It's not just down to the majority playerbase, it's also down to other factors (hosting costs for example.) Plus, it's a middle ground between both countries and as soon as it moves you'll get the same post but from a European or an Australian. There is no winning here unfortunately and the Owner is European so it'll most-likely stay European.

-1 Just because EU is not a big native english speaker place, does not mean that people can't speak it. Most countries teach English in schools and 3rd languages if you choose so, so the language argument is a really poor attempt just to get the server over for a better ping.

Additionally a part of the Dev team for the server (if not all maybe) are EU based, so just makes sense.